Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning player

Andrei3991324

Question

Hi, I returned to warframe after a lot of time, I think I quit around the first movement update. I wanna get back into the game and pretty much grind for the best gear out there, in the past Soma Prime used to be by far the best weapon, I think nowdays there isn't a "best weapon" anymore, but more of a range of weapons suited to each playstyle(at least I hope that XD), what are some of the best weapons out there? Also what should I do, I decided to complete all the quests before buying/farming (almost) anything, should I buy/farm a specific weapon before finishing all the quests? Should I farm for the newer mods after finishing x quest?

8 answers to this question

Start by getting a feel for the current game, then move towards slowly completing quests (at least up to and including the first part of New War), or maybe work on mastery rank.

You can also try to work on your standing, it gave me a lot to do for a while, getting Fortuna, Deimos, and Cetus up. I believe I'm 4 in Cetus, 4 in Deimos, and 5 in Fortuna rn.

As for "best weapon", that's a lot more broad of a term now. It's more or less "what's a weapon you like that's really good at inflicting Slash and Viral?".

3 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I would not focus on farming anything. I would just start some simple missions and have fun. Otherwise you are likely to burn yourself out.

This.

Warframe have 8 years worth of contents, and no core progression line whatsoever.

Everyone are simply doing what entertain them the most, and you should too.

So just play quests. If you don't enjoy it, switch and do something else. If you feel you're not strong enough, switch to farming better gears.

Also the answer to your question can be easily answered by google, there are thousands of best weapons lists and videos out there. Oh yeah, google will also answer most of your other questions about warframe.

Welcome back, tenno. Have fun!

15 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

This.

Warframe have 8 years worth of contents, and no core progression line whatsoever.

Everyone are simply doing what entertain them the most, and you should too.

So just play quests. If you don't enjoy it, switch and do something else. If you feel you're not strong enough, switch to farming better gears.

Also the answer to your question can be easily answered by google, there are thousands of best weapons lists and videos out there. Oh yeah, google will also answer most of your other questions about warframe.

Welcome back, tenno. Have fun!

Weren’t you the one who said something about zooming in so that the grind doesn’t feel overwhelming? I meant to bring it up as a response, since I thought that was a pretty spot-on concept (assuming I’d interpreted correctly)

35 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Weren’t you the one who said something about zooming in so that the grind doesn’t feel overwhelming? I meant to bring it up as a response, since I thought that was a pretty spot-on concept (assuming I’d interpreted correctly)

Yes. Zoom in.

Play just quests. If it doesn't work for you, zoom in on something else, like just farming gears, or just building weapons. Focus on one thing at a time.

The only time where i might seem to contradict myself will be when i suggest people to have list of things that they want.

Some stuff in warframe have to wait, like daily standings, we have to wait until tomorrow. When those stuff happens, i'll advise moving on to the next thing you're focusing on your list.

7 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Yes. Zoom in.

Play just quests. If it doesn't work for you, zoom in on something else, like just farming gears, or just building weapons. Focus on one thing at a time.

The only time where i might seem to contradict myself will be when i suggest people to have list of things that they want.

Some stuff in warframe have to wait, like daily standings, we have to wait until tomorrow. When those stuff happens, i'll advise moving on to the next thing you're focusing on your list.

Gotcha. I slightly misinterpreted and was thinking “Cautiously zoom in”, as in sort of go towards one thing and mix it up a little while aiming for said thing. Ultimately I liked the idea because the alternative would be to zoom out and look at everything there is to get, which is enough to take the wind out of anyone’s sails, haha

Archived