Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aim shake is too much

grvy.23

I turn off aim shake in settings but it’s still in game. I use a recoil mod for the exilus slot and it works to reduce it but recoil should affect how much deviation the bullets have, and not how much the screen shakes. It makes me nauseous and I can’t enjoy the weapons with shake. Thanks for reading.

I have the same issue, but the reason why the screen shake setting doesn't affect those weapons is because it's not actually screen shake. What happens is a number of guns have what I like to call "circular recoil" Where instead of kicking up they cause the reticle to bounce between points in a circle. This type of recoil triggers motion sickness because the reticle moves around so much it feels like the screen is shaking even though it's just the reticle.

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

it feels like the screen is shaking even though it's just the reticle.

Nope. Wrong.  Recoil moves entire FOV. Reticle always stays in the center of the screen (monitor).   Easy to test.   Just put your finger on the reticle and fire. It will not move anywhere from your finger.

Recoil must not do that.  It must float separately from the view on the screen.  FOV should not be shaken by recoil.  Only Reticle must jump when weapon is fired. 

And its not hard to implement.  DE already have code for floating reticle in Railjack. 

[Edit] There:

qB7Jx6g.jpg

This is an ongoing problem with the game it took them ages to implement a screen shake off button that only works on certain stuff. And after every update they put something in that bleeds my eyes. After some time you feel they do it on purpose.

3 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Nope. Wrong.  Recoil moves entire FOV. Reticle always stays in the center of the screen (monitor).   Easy to test.   Just put your finger on the reticle and fire. It will not move anywhere from your finger.

Recoil must not do that.  It must float separately from the view on the screen.  FOV should not be shaken by recoil.  Only Reticle must jump when weapon is fired. 

And its not hard to implement.  DE already have code for floating reticle in Railjack. 

[Edit] There:

qB7Jx6g.jpg

This is great, the bottom one is how I want it to be. It’s like other fps like cs go or valorant, the guns feel good to shoot and the screen stays static. Right now it’s dizzying like when using diplos. I like how railjack is, it’s noticeable while using the gunnery part. Thanks.

DE art and animation team should restrict more the "juice" in the game, it's oversaturated with camera movement, bright lights, particle effects and other visual effects. If you end up getting enough of that juice and deactivate, you also deactivate other useful stuff. 

On 2021-09-17 at 12:45 AM, Kainosh said:

[Edit] There:

qB7Jx6g.jpg

well I stand corrected then.

Archived