Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are MOAs supposed to be able to see invisible?

Schwitzer

1 hour ago, Schwitzer said:

I've noticed that MOAs appear able to see and attack me when I'm invisible. They aren't just reacting to gunfire either - they're obviously able to track and target me as if I'm completely visible. 

Well first of all just a little fact, it works the other way around too. THEY can be invisible and shoot YOU. (And you can’t not make them invisible, only track their positions by where your being shot from.)

Second of all, I can’t confirm that but they ARE robots so it would make sense. (Happened to me when I was using skajiati which can make you invisible so I think so)

MOAs are a buggy mess since their introduction. They are even firing at me while using Loki + Hushed Invisibility (full 100% silencer), which makes no sense. Shooting one enemy somehow triggers the MOA AI to shoot at your latest location, regardless of silenced mthods.

Same for the invisible MOA (the one shooting a cold-beam), which is another bug, which got into the game about 4-6 months ago and DE is still not acknowledging it despite the bug reports in this forums, twitter and reddit.

29 minutes ago, iHeuksal said:

MOAs are a buggy mess since their introduction. They are even firing at me while using Loki + Hushed Invisibility (full 100% silencer), which makes no sense. Shooting one enemy somehow triggers the MOA AI to shoot at your latest location, regardless of silenced mthods.

Same for the invisible MOA (the one shooting a cold-beam), which is another bug, which got into the game about 4-6 months ago and DE is still not acknowledging it despite the bug reports in this forums, twitter and reddit.

Still, they are robots, so the, being able to see you invisible makes sense (robots should see differently from humans/corpus and grineer).

But invisible MOA, while possible and would be an interesting trait for MOAS, is annoying because guns don’t affect them (most of the time) when they are invisible.

But god they are tryhards. When I am invisible or hiding behind a crate they just LOCK onto you and pelt rounds at you and nearly never miss no matter how much you dodge.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Well first of all just a little fact, it works the other way around too. THEY can be invisible and shoot YOU. (And you can’t not make them invisible, only track their positions by where your being shot from.)

Huh? Am I missing something? When is there a gameplay situation where an enemy MOA is invisible? Is that a thing that exists? 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Second of all, I can’t confirm that but they ARE robots so it would make sense.

Sure, if you're all into realism then yeah robots can have sensors to detect non-visible wavelengths. But... Adding an ability that lets the player be invisible and forgetting to tell them that they're still visible to robots is, uh, bad game design.

2 hours ago, Schwitzer said:

I've noticed that MOAs appear able to see and attack me when I'm invisible. They aren't just reacting to gunfire either - they're obviously able to track and target me as if I'm completely visible. 

Sounds like a bug. As I recall, shooting an "alarming" weapon while invisible basically makes you trackable for a short period of time until it resets. Can you confirm that adding Hush and Suppress to your Primary and Secondary doesn't fix the problem? 

15 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Huh? Am I missing something? When is there a gameplay situation where an enemy MOA is invisible? Is that a thing that exists? 

I think it’s a bug but some MOAS become invisible, are immune to gunfire and can only be tracked by where you are being shot from. But they can be 100% invisible, typically the ones that shoot cold and heat beams.

15 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Sure, if you're all into realism then yeah robots can have sensors to detect non-visible wavelengths. But... Adding an ability that lets the player be invisible and forgetting to tell them that they're still visible to robots is, uh, bad game design.

I’m not sure if it’s a bug or not.. maybe it’s intentional and yeah very possible but not telling you would be bad, yeah. 

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

I think it’s a bug but some MOAS become invisible, are immune to gunfire

Yes, can confirm I've encountered this a couple of times. Are they vulnerable to melee? I just tried shooting them a few times, then got bored and moved on. 

3 hours ago, Schwitzer said:

Is it one of the moas that appears on the corpus ship tile set? The ones that either shoot the heat beam, or the cold beam? (I forgot if there is an electrical one, and I can't be bothered to look it up cause I'm tired atm). Because that moa has a very weird "delayed tracking" which is like half bugged. It reminds me of the Corrupted MOA which has had this delayed tracking and realization that you went invisible, but continues to fire at you for a few extra seconds before it acknowledges that you went invisible. In short, I think it's a bugged moa with delayed tracking. But I guess I need to go play corpus RJ survival missions again to find them (too tired to do that now). Any chance you got a picture of which ones it was?

1 hour ago, Sevek7 said:

It's like two or maybe three bugged moas that have this. If you ever went to go farm the Ambassador (before DE changed it's drop locations), and went to any of the corpus survival railjack missions, you actually had a good chance to encounter them, since they had a good chance to spawn frequently (since they're a common enemy of course). I speak from my own personal experience when I went to go partially farm for Ambassador parts in corpus railjack survival missions.

Here's a reddit gif showing the bugged invisible moa in action (I also vaguely recall of it possibly gaining some innate DR along with its bugged invisible state? But maybe that was due to it being invisible). This bug has been kicking around for a few months I think? There are reddit comments on that post too, that have expressed experiencing the same set of bugged moas as well.

19 minutes ago, Schwitzer said:

Yes, can confirm I've encountered this a couple of times. Are they vulnerable to melee? I just tried shooting them a few times, then got bored and moved on. 

For the few times I've encountered this bug myself, I've used my Ignis wraith to just hose them down in fire (since it can still effectively hit them in that bugged invisible state).

1 minute ago, BlindStalker said:

Is it one of the moas that appears on the corpus ship tile set? The ones that either shoot the heat beam, or the cold beam? (I forgot if there is an electrical one, and I can't be bothered to look it up cause I'm tired atm). Because that moa has a very weird "delayed tracking" which is like half bugged. It reminds me of the Corrupted MOA which has had this delayed tracking and realization that you went invisible, but continues to fire at you for a few extra seconds before it acknowledges that you went invisible.

It's like two or maybe three bugged moas that have this. If you ever went to go farm the Ambassador (before DE changed it's drop locations), and went to any of the corpus survival railjack missions, you actually had a good chance to encounter them, since they had a good chance to spawn frequently (since they're a common enemy of course). I speak from my own personal experience when I went to go partially farm for Ambassador parts in corpus railjack survival missions.

Here's a reddit gif showing the bugged invisible moa in action (I also vaguely recall of it possibly gaining some innate DR along with its bugged invisible state? But maybe that was due to it being invisible). This bug has been kicking around for a few months I think?

For the few times I've encountered this bug myself, I've used my Ignis wraith to just hose them down in fire (since it can still effectively hit them in that bugged invisible state).

Ok I’m bringing my overpowered Ignis wraith to kill corpus from now on instead of a Kuva Zarr.

Eh, I'm ok with it. Even with hushed weapons a projectile of sorts is going to appear from apparent thin air and arc across the room. 

A combat droid that you'd think would have some pretty good sensor gear in order to track, lock on and fire at enemies are going to see that occasionally, run the calcs and take a shot and hit home if you're standing still. 

It's no more than what I'm having to do with the bugged moas that seem to be invis at times in order to nail them

25 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Eh, I'm ok with it. Even with hushed weapons a projectile of sorts is going to appear from apparent thin air and arc across the room. 

A combat droid that you'd think would have some pretty good sensor gear in order to track, lock on and fire at enemies are going to see that occasionally, run the calcs and take a shot and hit home if you're standing still. 

It's no more than what I'm having to do with the bugged moas that seem to be invis at times in order to nail them

Swing scythes at invisible moas. Ez kill.

to be fair, it would kinda make sense for Corpus Robots to have every type of vision under the sun: normal, Infrared/thermal, Nightvision, 4k Ultra HD etc: these technologies are comparitively primitive to the Tech the Corpus have, and to put it in perspective, it's still WAY more basic than what the Orokin had!

game wise thoguh, yeah it's proabbly a bug, or maybe the Invis Moas were intended, but they left out a counter to their invis, such as being able to use status procs to decloak them or locate them via Damage Tick numbers for example.

Archived