Jump to content
  • 0

How fun of a Warframe is Equinox?


-SilverWolfPrime-
 Share

Question

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Equinox is a complicated Warframe.  Her two forms give her a lot of versatility, but their abilities are as different as, heh, day and night.

First, I would customize her in such a way that you can easily tell which form you're in.  Use separate colors for Day and Night.

I play Equinox as a crowd-control/support frame, mainly because of her third and fourth abilities in Day Form.

If you or your team has Energy Siphon on, Provoke will not take energy except for the initial cast.  Therefore, you are caoable of buffing your teammate's ability strength with minimal energy cost.

In regards to her fourth ability, both are equally useful in my opinion.  Both involve building up charges over time, and the Augment allows you to keep the charge despite switching forms.  One form heals allies, and the other slices enemies.

If you are planning on going this route, my advice would be to mod your Equinox around ability strength, range, and efficiency.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I'm more surprised that you don't have equinox yet... I think i have a couple of spare equinoxes but imma have to check again, just msg me I'll be happy to let one go for you.

In my honest opinion, equinox is good for one thing only, and that is sleep.

Her other abilities (which are A LOT, since she have two forms) are really interesting. but there's always another layer of action that you need to do before the abilities kicks in, and in a fast paced game like warframe, it's pretty annoying.

at the end of the day, regardless of her interesting mechanics and versatility, there are just other frames who can do what she does, but faster and better.

Playing her with groups is just a no go for me, since everyone else will be faster than you. i still take her out for a spin or two solo, though...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, Soy77 said:

I'm more surprised that you don't have equinox yet... I think i have a couple of spare equinoxes but imma have to check again, just msg me I'll be happy to let one go for you.

The Equinox is one of the most annoying warframes to farm, though arguably this can be seen as opinionated. Personally, I dislike all farms which require repeated boss fights, as I find doing the same boss fight over-and-over again very boring. The game already is mainly about grinding (once one has made all the quests), but the other grinds are not that boring (IMHO... I can see other players may have different feelings on this).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Equinox is absolutely not a 'Duality' Warframe. it's presented that way, but it's reeeeeeeeally not actually able to do that effectively.
you build for Light or Dark, and not both at the same time.

 

however, Equinox is pretty cool if you ask me. she's still capable of several different things as one Warframe, just not with the same Mods Equipped.

  • pushing Maim to the extreme is one of the most effective AoE Damage Abilities in the game (pairs extremely well with any other AoE Damage Ability).
  • i personally have enormous fun with the 'Pacifist' playstyle via Peaceful Provocation. charging it up is a bear, but what you get in return is a strong AoE Slow that follows you around, Healing+Overshields from Mend, and panic CC from Sleep.
  • the Duality Augment is pretty potent, if you want to dump in on that.
  • Equinox is popular for Stealth XP since Rest has no Casting Animation and so can be Cast as fast as you can Cast it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Wait... Vanilla Equinox is Tradeable ? 😳

 

since wolf is not a noob anymore, i just assume he meant the prime. but it's also possible we're both were being stupid and wrong 😶

6 hours ago, WildPenguin82 said:

The Equinox is one of the most annoying warframes to farm, though arguably this can be seen as opinionated. Personally, I dislike all farms which require repeated boss fights, as I find doing the same boss fight over-and-over again very boring. The game already is mainly about grinding (once one has made all the quests), but the other grinds are not that boring (IMHO... I can see other players may have different feelings on this).

true.

but personally i think that she's one of the more "bearable ones" since tyl regor fight is relatively quick -unlike say... wisp, or trinity.

also yeah, i made the comment with the assumption that OP meant the prime version. i might be jumping to conclusion there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
14 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

since wolf is not a noob anymore, i just assume he meant the prime. but it's also possible we're both were being stupid and wrong 😶

LoL... Il just assume it's the Former 😁

15 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

 

but personally i think that she's one of the more "bearable ones" since tyl regor fight is relatively quick -unlike say... wisp, or trinity.

The Trinity Farm is Brutal 😱 !!!

I mean wisp is no Barrel of Laughs either but I really dislike the Trinity one more.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...