The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

archgun and archmelee concept

(XBOX)O37GEKKO

just three arch weapon ideas that i had recently

the first is bonewidows exalted melee as an option for archmelee while in archwing

the second is being allowed to deploy archwing loadouts while using archwing in free roam environments (at least the gravmag if not melee also)

and the third idea i had is... and tbh i think its a great one...

can we carry ambulas's main beam cannon as an archgun?

as a craftable weapon that you can craft by farming pieces from ambulas

11 hours ago, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

just three arch weapon ideas that i had recently

the first is bonewidows exalted melee as an option for archmelee while in archwing

the second is being allowed to deploy archwing loadouts while using archwing in free roam environments (at least the gravmag if not melee also)

and the third idea i had is... and tbh i think its a great one...

can we carry ambulas's main beam cannon as an archgun?

as a craftable weapon that you can craft by farming pieces from ambulas

Would make sense since one of the melees belong to Tyl Regor. The Knux. The Ambulas Cannon could be modified. Maybe the Perrin Sequence could be where you get the Blueprint from. Probably drops parts needed from the ambulases you fight from the random drop ships. 

Idk about the exalted arch melee though. I’m not entirely against it but exalted weapons have never been exchangeable or equippable before. So I don’t know how that will work. 

What would be nice if they made grounded Arch Melees and allowed for arch melees to be equipped onto Necramechs. They may not be as strong as the Exalted Arch Melee(just as with any exalted weapon) but they would be better than that metal twig of an arm. Could open the door to combos for Necramechs. Allow for close combat AND long range. I use the Larkspur BECAUSE I need to be able to hit enemies up close and from a decent distance. Be nice if I could equip like the Kaszas for close range and the Velocitus for far range. Just an example. 

Imagine being able to run around with a giant Scythe slashing enemies. Maybe in melee only missions, grounded arch melees can be summoned. Then imagine somebody like Wisp and Volt increasing the melee speed. To me it would be fun.

Definitely feel the arch weapon system needs to become more useful. Archwing emissions are hardly played. Archwings are only used for impatient players in Open Worlds. Their abilities are useless in open worlds except for like 1. Arch melees are therefor the least used in the entire Arch weapon system. 

Only thing that would probably be OP is being able to equip Archwings onto Necramechs. Probably travel slower than warframes but at least it wouldn’t force you to keep switching from a necramech into your warframe then into an Archwing, then get out of the Archwing, summon the necramech again, then switch back into the Necramech, the repeat for the next objective. If you can summon your Archwing while in the necramech to allow it to fly and travel faster to the next objective, that would be very nice. WAY less tedious then constantly pulling up the gear wheel, summoning, then switching over and over. Heck this probably should be a new post cause most of these comments don’t even get read. Might do that if nobody else does just to make sure people, especially DE, actually read and think about it. 

Just my opinion. Sorry for any grammars.

6 hours ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Probably drops parts needed from the ambulases you fight from the random drop ships. 

i was thinking the profit taker bounty ambulas, theyre tankier and worth the fight, even compared to the assassination

Maybe the Perrin Sequence could be where you get the Blueprint from.

thats a solid input, good idea

Idk about the exalted arch melee though. I’m not entirely against it but exalted weapons have never been exchangeable or equippable before. So I don’t know how that will work. 

agreed, would be kinda cool though, with the big shield in space face tanking ships

Only thing that would probably be OP is being able to equip Archwings onto Necramechs

maybe a separate necramech flight system instead... to allow seamless landing...

Archwing emissions are hardly played.

i might be one of the rare few that used to fkn love the experimental flight system for archwing... and i loved playing the "outside" archwing missions... the internal maps were just clunky and lacked the open space to really open up your hyperion thrusters... but i do agree, archwing missions are abit like lunaro these days, would love to see experimental or "full pitch & roll" flight return, as well as a pile of new proxima system archwing only missions..

i also had an idea similar to the player controlled stalker concept, but for railjack, where archwing only deployments could deploy streamline alongside extended railjack missions, like proxima survival, massive waves of ships, with a 2 crews onboard say 2 railjacks, and 2 full squads of archwing only deployed tenno playing the "here come the cavalry" role... something like a 16 man raid meets endless spaceship fight survival... 

3 hours ago, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

i was thinking the profit taker bounty ambulas, theyre tankier and worth the fight, even compared to the assassination

thats a solid input, good idea

agreed, would be kinda cool though, with the big shield in space face tanking ships

maybe a separate necramech flight system instead... to allow seamless landing...

i might be one of the rare few that used to fkn love the experimental flight system for archwing... and i loved playing the "outside" archwing missions... the internal maps were just clunky and lacked the open space to really open up your hyperion thrusters... but i do agree, archwing missions are abit like lunaro these days, would love to see experimental or "full pitch & roll" flight return, as well as a pile of new proxima system archwing only missions..

i also had an idea similar to the player controlled stalker concept, but for railjack, where archwing only deployments could deploy streamline alongside extended railjack missions, like proxima survival, massive waves of ships, with a 2 crews onboard say 2 railjacks, and 2 full squads of archwing only deployed tenno playing the "here come the cavalry" role... something like a 16 man raid meets endless spaceship fight survival... 

I’ve tried making concepts to make Archwings more useful. Like when I made my volcanic frame concept I tried to make it part of the Plains of Eidolon. And the quest involved destroying a really big Thumper. Maybe it was so big and powerful, it needed a strong power source. Which near the end of the quest turns out to be the volcanic frame. While the BP is rewarded for the quest, the parts are dropped from the other 3 smaller thumpers. 

But part of the mission was using Archwings to try and disable its defenses before busting your way in which turns the mission into a really big sabotage. I even created a concept of a somewhat boss. He would be like a second in command type. And after completing the mission, a new bounty becomes available to allow a repeat. Maybe it could be the Steel Path bounty. 

Even pictured an Archwing mission in the Plains where Vay Hek tries to spread a deadly toxin and has big ships everywhere that will require Archwings to enter and destroy. 

I even pictured being able to use Archwings to fly into those big enemy deploying ships and destroy it from within. One time I dropped from my Archwing into one with the enemies lined up inside to be deployed. I was using a rhino and I stomp the whole ship. Lmao. When I told others about it, they had a lot of fun dropping into those ships and destroying it from within. Course this was a glitch but it would be fun if it wasn’t. Like you could literally dive into it similar to when you Archwing launch into the ships in Railjack. Abilities, weapons, anything could destroy the ship from within which is where they are most vulnerable. So a single rhino stomp inside could destroy the whole ship. It was fun for me even if it was just a glitch. 

I even made a J3 Golem return concept except as a Railjack mission. Or even a new Cetus event where they believed there was an unusual, unscheduled eclipse. We go to investigate just to find out it was the J3 Golem. As a Railjack mission you still have to fly into it to destroy it from within. But you can use your Railjack to weaken it from the outside. Multiple roles would be at play. 

I’ve tried suggesting an infested Archwing and weapons. At first I made the concept along side my infested queen of swarms concept. But basically it’s an infested Archwing. Sure it wouldn’t take much for you to imagine it. 

Last, I even pictured the Stalker in Archwing missions. Where he has his own Archwing. Which is basically a much more lethal Odanata. 

But I’ve tried to come up with ways to make Archwings more useful and fun. But many expressed hatred for Archwings instead of even attempting to discuss ways to make them fun/enjoyable.

On 2021-10-09 at 9:15 AM, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Even pictured an Archwing mission in the Plains

tbh when plains first got released i had the idea in my head that we could break atmosphere, a transition point in the sky if not fully seamless between plains and archwing... idk i like space, guess it was abit ambitious of an assumption but it could still be implemented for something like you suggested

Archived