The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happens when we transference out of our warframe?

wolfsheadbane

Are we actually physically there or are we just a projection of ourself? i always thought we were just a projection of our body and able to physically interact with the world using our warframe as kind of our catalyst for our void power and its just a physical manifestion of us using void energy , but from some other things weve seen in game we are able to be interacted with and physically attacked so im confused

Hello wolfsheadbane,

Answering you could lead to a spoiler of THE WAR WITHIN quest for you or another reader so :

So answer in spoilers here 👇

Spoiler

During the War within Quest, there is a moment where you are ejected form your Warframe fighting the queen back to the Orbiter :

Cinematic at the Transference Chamber

Operator: "No. But I've lost my Warframe... and Teshin... what if the Queens know that he helped me escape? I have to go back."

Ordis: "Impossible! Just as you thought, the base has moved again. We don't know where it is. There's no way back."

Operator: "My Warframe. It's still there."

Ordis: "Haven't you been listening? The Transference system is fried!"

Operator: "I don't need it anymore."

(Transference)

Ordis: "Operator, where are you going? Don't leave meeeeee..."

So the correct answer is :

• BEFORE the War Within, we need the tower to communicate with ours warframe.
  • AFTER the War Within, we go into the void (Transference) track the signal back to ours warframe "manually" ... see it like a Quantum entanglement...

The Operator can stay in the Transference by habit, the system is not needed as per seen in THE NEW WAR TRAILER (Nova and her operator)

EDIT : Oups did not see "(PSN)C4d4l153n" post ... 😝

My guess, is that the Operator is turning into a ghost-like entity with Void energy that possesses Warframes, so they are indeed "inside" the warframe as a spirit or something, and when using transference, they materialize physically out of the Warframe

46 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Spoiler Tags Please.... 👀

It's not a spoiler anymore, it's been six years and it's even in the loading screens.

1 hour ago, wolfsheadbane said:

Are we actually physically there or are we just a projection of ourself? i always thought we were just a projection of our body and able to physically interact with the world using our warframe as kind of our catalyst for our void power and its just a physical manifestion of us using void energy , but from some other things weve seen in game we are able to be interacted with and physically attacked so im confused

After Second Dream the "floating Z-kid" attack is an astral projection, but after War Within the normal Z-kid mode is the Z-kid physically there, using the Warframe as a teleport focus

However it should be noted that the Z-kids aren't fully "human" anymore. They are partially Void beings, so how much the word "physical" can apply to them is relative at best. But they can stand on pressure plates in the Orokin Void tileset, they can be harmed by weapons (including one in a cutscenes, that one IS a spoiler); so as much as they can be physically there, they are

"It's not a spoiler anymore, it's been six years and it's even in the loading screens." TARINunit9

FOR YOU, Spoilers tags are like POLITENESS, it may be not give you anything and YOU may find it futile but it's like the RULES OF MUTUAL RESPECT you have to make a little bit effort :

1. We are not in the NEW WAR sub forums so it may be a spoilers for any newcomer player.
  2. Some NEW WAR info may be in the loading screen BUT you must abide the rules
  3. As Lutesque said : add a tag Dammit ! WHAT DOES A TAG COST YOU ??? 3 sec ? it is really this much ?

For your concern TARINunit9, it's not "floating Z-kid", the proper name is OPERATOR as Ordis have been telling us since years ago, years before you even start playing.

And like it was said in the SECOND DREAM QUEST by Mommy Lotus:

"I know. Forgive me. This is who you really are. A Tenno. More than human... but once a child like any other."

(And As I am sure he did theQuest where the operator is revelated, I can post it without tag nor spoilers)

SO BE POLITE, BE FULL OF CARENESS to others fellow Tenno ... ADD a TAG

PS : Remember the ability to transfert directly into a Necramech ... it's for NOT SPOILING newcommer the Second Dream Quest. And this was in U29 (2020-08-25), the direct proof that Spoilers ARE BAD. BAD unit9 !!! 🤪

2 hours ago, Ax-Stark said:

My guess, is that the Operator is turning into a ghost-like entity with Void energy that possesses Warframes, so they are indeed "inside" the warframe as a spirit or something, and when using transference, they materialize physically out of the Warframe

Essentially this is my understanding as well. 

The operator creates a sort of temporary physical form for themselves out of pure energy (think the bodies Saruman or Gandalf inhabit as Maia), but the operators true form is some kind of pure void energy. 

1 hour ago, RLanzinger said:

For your concern TARINunit9, it's not "floating Z-kid", the proper name is OPERATOR as Ordis have been telling us since years ago, years before you even start playing.o 

"Operator" and "Operative" are military terms that refer to a soldier in the field of operation. I use the terms "Warframe", "Z-kid", and "Tenno" to distinguish between Tenno Operatives and other Operatives such as Syndicate Buddies, Specters, and other allies. Furthermore, after New War there is a new, Spoiler thing that is yet another reason I refuse to use the word "Operator" to refer to Z-kids. 

Spoiler

That spoiler being Drifters. I refuse to use "Operator" in any context where it might be used synonymously with "Drifter", so I use "Z-kid and Drifter" to make the distinction clear

Thanks for using the spoiler function, explanation about is now usefull but now you need to add what are you spoiling IE "THE NEW WAR spoilers 👇"

Others names (Massive spoils includes, organise from worst to best, NEW WAR not include) :

Spoiler

Void Demon (by Orokin)
Demon (by Helminth)
Betrayer (by Alad V)

Dreamers (by Worm Queen and Nora Night)
Kiddo (by The Man in The Wall)
Chip (by Otak)

Sparky (by Eudico)
Ayatan (by the Entrati)
Star-Child (by Vitruvian Ordis)

Operator is still the official name but being one of the Zariman 10-0's children (Ember's Codex) I think that Tenno is the good one. It is Orginally the children designation and as it is often state Tenno are the "master of the Warframes". So I usually go for Tenno... become Z-kid feel like Zombie-kid 🤢... I understand you choice but NO.🤣

Massive Spoiler below.

Basically, operator true body sit in the orbiter/Lua, while Warframe deploy direclty into battefield. When we press 5 (Transference), it's also not true operator body.
This system is what make Tenno are very dangerous and the most deadly fighter.  It's also believed that if you can disturb the Transference, you can also make true body being hurt physically, In Umbra Quest, the Tenno actually leaving orbiter for first time when looking for Umbra in Lua, using his true body. This is why Ordis said, "Noooo.... operator what are you doing, this is why we use Warframe".

In the second dream, our Tenno is believed the last Tenno who control Warframe from Lua (old ways). Remaining Tenno control WF from orbiter, Lua is safer because nobody even know that Lua is exist until Hunhow moments. So Lotus move Tenno true body from Lua into orbiter.

what happens is you become a pre-pubescent Kid with a few mediocre powers and a wrist-laser of your own design.

after New War however:

Spoiler

if you choose, you become a fully grown adult with mediocre powers and now your amp is crammed into a Pistol. personally I think that's way cooler, but that's just me.

When we transfer out of our Warframe we get the following:

Oreos

1920px-Oreo-Two-Cookies.jpg

If we are lucky we could get the following, Klondike bar:

34563067-klondike-ice-cream-bar-original

So yes, it is important to transfer outside of your Warframe. This is what happens. 

We could get a girl and have intercourse or of course a job and few other hobbies but those are topics for another discussion. The most important one is that if we transfer outside of our frame we get the Klondike bar. :3  

2 hours ago, wolfsheadbane said:

I see thanks for all your replies , also i made sure to not ask new war specific questions as majority of these answers can be answered without having played new war at all 

Oh good... You're Back....

Spoiler Tags Please.... 👀

Archived