Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I heard that Liches who have full masks can sell for a lot to collectors. How does that system work?

RoboticApplesWithLasers

Question

6 answers to this question

Mainly, people only care about two things: The elemental bonus (that goes up to 60%) and whether it has an ephemera.

There's very few people in the market for aesthetics. 

When you guess all three requiems in order correctly, you get the choice to either Kill or Convert, killing gets you their weapon (and their hound if it was a Sister) and whatever ephemera they have/don't have, converting means you get the ephemera, but you don't get the weapon and you get to keep the lich as an ally that helps you when you're downed, can be recruited onto your Railjack as crew, or used as on-call crew with the proper Railjack intrinsics.

A converted lich can be traded in a dojo via a Crimson Branch room, for items or platinum via the trading console. 

There's also a "tutorial" button in your screenshot that tells you the basic gist of hunting down your adversary. 

6 hours ago, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

That's a semi-full mask..? I mean, can't you see her cheek+chin?🤣

On a more serious note, I think Lich aesthetics are complitely buyer's market; If you get a combination someone likes, you can sell your Lich. Otherwse it's just that, aesthetics..

I actually didn't know that there were more complete masks, I haven't really bothered with the lich systems or the Rivens much since either came out.  I'll probably convert and just keep this one as an ally.

6 hours ago, isbergen said:

It's not a black market. Check the PC trade chat here in forums. There are people that pay a lot for very specific looking liches.

This probably isn't what they're looking for, but I still appreciate the info.

6 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

Mainly, people only care about two things: The elemental bonus (that goes up to 60%) and whether it has an ephemera.

There's very few people in the market for aesthetics. 

When you guess all three requiems in order correctly, you get the choice to either Kill or Convert, killing gets you their weapon (and their hound if it was a Sister) and whatever ephemera they have/don't have, converting means you get the ephemera, but you don't get the weapon and you get to keep the lich as an ally that helps you when you're downed, can be recruited onto your Railjack as crew, or used as on-call crew with the proper Railjack intrinsics.

A converted lich can be traded in a dojo via a Crimson Branch room, for items or platinum via the trading console. 

There's also a "tutorial" button in your screenshot that tells you the basic gist of hunting down your adversary. 

Thanks for the comprehensive response :D I knew the basics from the tutorial back when the liches came out, but I didn't know about a lot of the information you posted.

Most famous player that is/was buying liches for their looks, is Hazch. There is no "system", it is just players with curated tastes and lots of plat. It is subjective and "the customer is always right".

In the normal lich market, it is very objective. What's the weapon? What's the buff? Ephemera yes/no? Very easy to put a price tag on that. IMO if someone is offering you more than 100p for a lich, it is probably a good deal and you should take it.

You can learn more about Hazch's refined preferences and price ranges below. You can even observe their pricing system if you want try changing more for your liches based on their appearance (but I don't think there's good money in that).

19 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Most famous player that is/was buying liches for their looks, is Hazch. There is no "system", it is just players with curated tastes and lots of plat. It is subjective and "the customer is always right".

In the normal lich market, it is very objective. What's the weapon? What's the buff? Ephemera yes/no? Very easy to put a price tag on that. IMO if someone is offering you more than 100p for a lich, it is probably a good deal and you should take it.

You can learn more about Hazch's refined preferences and price ranges below. You can even observe their pricing system if you want try changing more for your liches based on their appearance (but I don't think there's good money in that).

holy crab, does that guy ever make a lich guide or something?

probably a complete list of masks / helmets, body parts, etc?

i ain't gonna collect them or anything, i wanna keep my sanity.
just out of curiosity.

Archived