Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Hotfix 31.5.7

[DE]Megan

En 6/5/2022 a las 15:40, [DE]Megan dijo:

This time the focus (ar ar ar) is on the casting animation speed of certain Focus abilities and some minor changes to Void Sling.

Thanks for the hotfix, I'm still one of many who wants the void dash back since it gives you more freedom.

Bugs I've seen today:

Ordis skin textures not loading properly

It gets no animation and is sticked to the WF

rkIo0OQ.jpeg

Many gray faces and Cavalero's eyes are too centered like this example of female face drifter

r78sw3a.png

EtgpUvB.png

6glACK4.png

Another thing that a member of my clan suggested before but I've remembered and I think it would be great is to incorporate Deimos enemies in normal nodes of infested.
And for example some Zariman enemies in fisures would be great too!

Eximus units adds some visual flavour but their overguard is way too strong while their hp is nonexistent. If I use 1 shot I kill of the overguard but second shot kills them. Wouldnt mind If their hp was 2x bigger and overguard 50% what is now. Cant ever get a parazon kill that was being sold to us for so long

I didn't see any mention that you removed the ability to summon your on-call crew member?
I was sure before the update I could summon them, now I can't?

I was running steel path exterminate and summoned the crew mate to help on the angel and keep enemies at bay whilst I killed the void angel.

Just ran same mission unable to summon crewmate, had to get specter?

The sped up skills are really nice, thank you!~

Void Sling is worse now though. Speeding it up made longer distance movement better but shorter distance movement worse, it is just creeping closer and closer to being Void Dash again but without the ability to backdash or just point at a close by spot to go there. It meshes very poorly with gameplay outside of Void Angels and is really reducing my desire to play Operator at all. I hope that you eventually add Void Dash back in as an alternative option.

And still no fix for sigils/arcane helmets being automatically UNequipped... Sigh.

The work around is to use a different appearance loadout slot, but it's still frustrating. And mystifying on HOW it happened in the first place?

can you add a means for operator to be manipulated in the arsenal faster then the seat and have the ability for load outs for it, better then the 3 looks, currently, looks and build separated. and linked to frames.

you added arcanes that are now useful as per builds and its cumbersome to navigate back and forth to the seat and to the arsenal.

you have the school tab in arsenal already; if there was a way to access the "operator equip" from the school screen so you can bounce back and forth in that ui and still get back to arsenal. currently we pause operator or run all the way back to the seat.

im gona be honest i want the transference in the obiter to starting back at the seat to be removed. i want to do it in place and pop out. this will also help for decoration in the drifter camp which sucks to run all the way out for just to see it as operator. maybe toggle it, im sure somebody loves it but its annoying and cumbersome. im already in my house way start in my bed everytime. even also in capture it sucks. i dont care about the seat its not useful anymore, it wasted space room that suit a CS thats it. 

made a doodle, moving the operator to the front. standing bed, amps, your seat, k-drive, digital inventory, dragon key equip slots, and pizza oven. all hidden behind existing. wall collapses.

20220509_185331.jpg

peace 

15 hours ago, Vintageplayer said:

Wouldnt mind If their hp was 2x bigger and overguard 50% what is now. Cant ever get a parazon kill that was being sold to us for so long

Yeah Parazom Kills aren't a Thing Anymore...

11 hours ago, Cookie_Monsta_ said:

I didn't see any mention that you removed the ability to summon your on-call crew member?
I was sure before the update I could summon them, now I can't?

I still can....  Did it a few hours ago....

En 8/5/2022 a las 16:44, Do_High_Go dijo:

I generally agree with you, but..... Laethum being a clue to how to deal with Overguard? I do not agree with DE's approach on this, if that was their intention. I mean for veterans or people that have access to the content sure, however, Eximus units exist all over the game. To put it in perspective, you cannot do The New War without building Paracesis, Paracesis has MR 10 requirement, that means that a new player, will have access to the "clue" after MR 10 at the earliest (completely ignoring the time gate to get an average Railjack and Nechramech going for NW).

I do have an MR 5 friend, they are doing well, i am giving them tips, however they were surprised that they were able to do The Sacrifice as MR 5, but then right after they need to build an MR 10 weapon that is mandatory for the next quest. I get the surprise, I never realized that was the case before. The MR curve relative to Quest delivery is a complete abomination and should be smoothened out. Even then, hints about general gameplay should not be by any means put in the latest content that is unavailable for someone that started playing a week or two ago. They have to fight Eximus units too, with crappier barely modded gear mind you, so for them any hint or trick is a godsend. Surely every new player has a veteran friend to guide them and give them tips right????

So I am kinda iffy about putting a clue for how to deal with Eximus units in content that is indirectly MR locked.

I also agree with your perspective and thanks for taking my whole point into consideration (and not only the part that suit yourself like other people did). The thing is that, as you say, WF difficulty curve is a complete mess and feels more like a difficulty rollercoaster. One moment you think "wow, this is so stupidly easy" and the next second you wonder "why my 8 forma weapon is trash now?". That's something DE has been trying to fix for years, but they simply make it worse by adding enemies that do not fit on certain scenarios given your regular equipment at that level. They changed the MR of some weapons to "reflect their utility", but the truth is that it doesn't really matter, because even a medium MR weapon can compete on regular SP content when modded correctly, while some high MR gear are a terrible joke for the same purpose. So why does this happen? Because you don't really need that much firepower for regular gameplay? Well yes but actually no. Even a MR5 player can wipe the floor with enemies in regular starchart, but then there come these new Eximus units with big shields and dangerous abilities. I get the intention of making Eximus units to be more challenging to encourage people to think on different ways to deal with them as VIP targets, but for a newcomer that makes no sense because they just want to go "pew-pew" around the mission for fun, so these type of "challenges" can be frustrating and unfair for them. They shouldn't face these kind of enemies until they are better geared, but it seems that for DE that's secondary and part of the equation.

Now, to clarify better my previous point, when I said "they gave us a clue" I was referencing what DE usually does with every big change: to make us find the solution to the issues they force on our path because they want to slow us down while checking our reactions.

We all had a hard time with the new Eximus at release, but after discovering their weakpoints, you realize what they really are: bullet sponges. As the time goes by, you get so accustomed to them to the point that they stop being a threat to become an annoyance. It's very noble from you part to give a hand to those confused young tennos out there, just like I do everyday, and hope DE adresses this "detail" soon, so all those low MR players do not have to pay for our "sins".

PS: I also agree with you (and many others) that The Sacrifice is not well positioned on its MR requirement according to the quest line, along with liches that are also very confusing for a MR5.

I dont know what you guys just did to materials but everything suddenly looks like plastic.

And like. I've seen people complain about this happening multiple times before but It was never really extreme enough for me to notice at all.... this time is bad

On 2022-05-09 at 3:43 PM, Slayer-. said:

Hit me up in-game and I'll try to help you with the Bounties to get gyre.

P.S If you do, send me a message as well, I may forget being an old fart and ignore it like the others. :tongue:

Thank-you. Just need Gyre BP, which is T4 bounty.

On 2022-05-10 at 10:35 AM, cute_moth.npc said:

The sped up skills are really nice, thank you!~

Void Sling is worse now though. Speeding it up made longer distance movement better but shorter distance movement worse, it is just creeping closer and closer to being Void Dash again but without the ability to backdash or just point at a close by spot to go there. It meshes very poorly with gameplay outside of Void Angels and is really reducing my desire to play Operator at all. I hope that you eventually add Void Dash back in as an alternative option.

I find it harder to use voidsling now than before. Its now more erratic on if i can get where i aim to be. I now end up falling off the map a lot in an attempt to navigate around the Shadow Realm of the angel. Want void dash back.

On 2022-05-06 at 2:40 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Shortened and increased the speed of the Void Levitation and Contamination Wave’s casting animation. 

• Replaced the following Focus abilities’ casting animation with a faster variant that is also upper body only - which now allows for full movement while casting as opposed to staying stationary

Is there a way that you could also apply these changes to full body/ long cast warframe abilities (i.e. Pentance) that lock you down to use. Even with Maudurai or Natural Talent it is a free hit for health and energy eximus that can get you killed. 

On 2022-05-12 at 4:23 AM, EriniyPrime said:

While killing angels, I constantly fall and I cannot control it. It is extremely difficult for me to control and it gets more difficult as the range increases.Wouldn't it be easier, for example, if the operator had a control like wukong's ability.No matter how hard I try and practice, I can't use it.It might be nice for traveling in open areas, but the sling is a pretty bad skill for me as I can't use it in the current state. I had better control before it was powered up.Can you at least add an option to the game so that we can use it in a simpler way?Not everyone is super talented or can't use a good keyboard. My hand hurts when making the operator invisible. I urge you to please allow us to control it more easily.

I'm playing on a $6.00 AU and it's 15 to 20 year old StarKey keyboard with keys I've replaced from my broken StarKey keyboards, I have the crouch with the operator but I also have a second crouch key on a toggle, once I hit it I'm in void mode until I hit it again or energy runs out.

For the Angel fight I much prefer the new Void Sling, it stops me dashing to far in the Angel fight, with the range I had with one dash I'd be across the fight platform about three times in one dash with my range with focus schools all max'd.

For the old void dash I miss it because it was so much easier, to just dash to drop energy for me and allies.

It just takes time with the new and improved version, only in some areas is it improved.

Spoiler

My StarKey

IMG_1697_cr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-05-09 at 3:23 PM, BDT_Flames said:

dude  MR is game now is useless MR3-5 when use  Mesa Prime Umbra+ Forms + max Operator  nvm kill all  1-130 lv on Normal mission

MR3-5 with Mesa Prime? Now? It's vaulted. Max operator on MR 3 or 5? Unlikely too. 

Archived