Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please bring back deactivated way-bounds!

(XBOX)LocDown

There are certain situations where I'd (and I'm sure others as well) that would like to be able to deactivate the waybounds or other focus abilities/nodes. for instance, I'm eidolon hunting and for some reason I get dropped, while at the same time trying to access switching from warframe to operator, and last gasp kicks in. So now I can't kill anything to revive, and I have to waste valuable time WAITING for last gasp timer to run out. Allow players to disable focus nodes please.

YES

There was no point in even removing this feature. What if we don't want to use one of the nodes, but you want the extra stuff after finishing the tree? I don't want to get inner might because it can mess with things but I also want the bonus zenurik stuff. So I can't get the stuff until they let us disable nodes.

6 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Also, waybounds should NEVER be possible to turn off.

And... why? It would be optional to disable them, meaning you don't have to. If you want to use all of the nodes, no one is stopping you.

I want to to be more like de-ranking. As in you can rank it up to the max and then choose what level you want it to be i.e. how much caustic strike armor strip I want. This can also be applied to RJ intrinsics.

I'd also love to see more things attached to warframe loadouts as well if we going this route, such as the vehicles and focus nodes.

3 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

And... why? It would be optional to disable them, meaning you don't have to. If you want to use all of the nodes, no one is stopping you.

Because it is exploitable and thats against the rules.

If DE fix the current issue with one passive, then there is no problem.

44 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

This feels like a really roundabout solution when they could probably just extend the revive prompt into Last Gasp instead.

Hold to active, like they changed kuva/sister execute button. That would 'fix' the problem (that doesnt even exist) about last gasp.

To be Fair.... If something kills your Warframe... It should be relatively Simple to have it kill your Operator too so you can Quickly Revive....

In My Case I don't Die until I reach Harry.... And Getting Killed by Harry is Easy.... 👍

12 hours ago, NinthAria said:

This feels like a really roundabout solution when they could probably just extend the revive prompt into Last Gasp instead.

that'd be easier, yeah.
and any other possible scenarios where disabling an Ability would be preferable, there must be a way to adjust things so that it doesn't interfere with Gameplay.

11 hours ago, BatVenomPL said:

How is turning off an ability that you had to unlock and level up exploitable?

don't feed the troll.

14 hours ago, BatVenomPL said:

How is turning off an ability that you had to unlock and level up exploitable?

One ability at rank 0 have a weird interaction with some game mechanic. Thats all you need to know.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

don't feed the troll.

Said the person with 30k posts that have no life outside the forum. Mind your own bussiness.

20 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

One ability at rank 0 have a weird interaction with some game mechanic. Thats all you need to know.

Said the person with 30k posts that have no life outside the forum. Mind your own bussiness.

Okay... That it... No Ice Cream for you !!!

kramer-vs-kramer-i-said-no.gif

YES!

This change is horrible and the self-revive is worthless. 

If I had known that waybounds can no longer be turned off, I would NEVER have put points in it.

Please, DE, let us turn off waybound skills again, or just delete my entire Unairu tree, because this is infuriating.

4 minutes ago, Caernoga said:

YES!

This change is horrible and the self-revive is worthless. 

If I had known that waybounds can no longer be turned off, I would NEVER have put points in it.

Please, DE, let us turn off waybound skills again, or just delete my entire Unairu tree, because this is infuriating.

At least you are not forced into using last gasp right?

Although the pros definitely outweigh the cons

Say both you and your teammate both go down. You can activate last gasp and revive them. After you revive them, they can revive you. You can do a similar thing in (E)SO. If you go down and everyone went in the conduit, use last gasp and go in the conduit. When the timer expires, your frame is brought with to the next zone for your teammates to revive you. Also funny thing I found with it, your revive timer pauses when you have last gasp active, so you can stall the timer by activating it.

I wouldn't mind Last Gasp so much

if it was an Actually Useful Ability

Operators just don't scale very well

in the low-level content where they Can Kill, your warframe isn't likely to be downed in the first place

in the high-level content where your Warframe is downed a lot, the Operator can't keep up and won't be able to use Last Gasp effectively.

personally, I'd rather see Last Gasp work like "fight for your life" in borderlands

your Warframe lies on the floor downed, with Secondary weapon out, kills with your secondary refill the revive meter.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Stormwind81 said:

What the hack are waybounds?

The nodes in Focus Trees that can be unlocked for a very large focus cost. Once they are unlocked they apply regardless of which focus tree you have equipped.

First you rank up the node like normal. Now it only works for the focus tree it is in. Then you have the option of unlocking it for 1 million or so focus. After that it is always on, no matter what you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived