The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I the only one noticing how only the female frames have animal helmets?

How come all the animal themed helmets are for female Warframes? Things like Equinox divisa, Nova Mithra, Valkyr, that khora helmet I started seeing like crazy after people realized they hated the prime one, Yareli alt helm, etc. 

Like, does nobody who makes these helmets want male frames to have them? 

The only male frame I could think of that has an "animal helmet" is Oberon, but I'm not about to start using Oberon so... (Ok yeah there's Wukong but being 🐒 is not really that different from everyone else.)

(Also I'm very aware many of these helmets are tennogen, but now DE is making werewolf frame who like Valkyr is female so I decided to bring it up.)

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Equinox divisa, Nova Mithra,

I am sorry, but what's animal in those?

Besides, if we are bringing Tennogen onto the table, like a third of those are animalistic.

Also Inaros has a dog helmet, and Chroma is an ant-eater.

a lot of helmets on frames have animalistic qualities, sometimes you just have to look a little harder to find them. Zephyr, Inaros and Oberon are probably the most stand-out examples, but there are others: Wukong's Macaque helm for example, or that one Banshee helm that gives her Bat ears (I forget the name, even though Bat-shee is one of my fave configs for her lol)

Ash has a cat ears skin and one with little horns too.

Frost has one with horns, although I think that's meant to be more devil.

Harrow looks like a sith, and they're certainly animals.

Hydroid has the karkinos helmet.

Loki looks like a hammerhead shark to me.

Oberon has a few.

Rhino, pretty obvious.

I don't think it's limited to just female frames.

1 hour ago, ant99999 said:

I am sorry, but what's animal in those?

Besides, if we are bringing Tennogen onto the table, like a third of those are animalistic.

Also Inaros has a dog helmet, and Chroma is an ant-eater.

Equinox Divisa is catgirl helmet (if you are on Xbox I can show you my fashion for her), Nova's Mithra helmet is kitsune/fox themed.

15 minutes ago, RootyTootyAimAnShooty said:

Ash has a cat ears skin and one with little horns too.

Frost has one with horns, although I think that's meant to be more devil.

Harrow looks like a sith, and they're certainly animals.

Hydroid has the karkinos helmet.

Loki looks like a hammerhead shark to me.

Oberon has a few.

Rhino, pretty obvious.

I don't think it's limited to just female frames.

I don't remember ash being a neko boi, and the horns skin is an oni, not an animal. I forgot rhino lol, Loki is more like kinda, but not really (Hydroid is octopus captain but still not really the type of animals I'm talking about {mammals}), already listed oberon.

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I don't remember ash being a neko boi, and the horns skin is an oni, not an animal. I forgot rhino lol, Loki is more like kinda, but not really (Hydroid is octopus captain but still not really the type of animals I'm talking about {mammals}), already listed oberon.

Well, I didn't realise we were sticking to mammals. Then it'd be Ash, Loki and Rhino I guess. Still, a bit more than 10% of the male frames. Maybe it is more prevalent in the female frames, wouldn't say it's only them though.

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Equinox Divisa is catgirl helmet (if you are on Xbox I can show you my fashion for her), Nova's Mithra helmet is kitsune/fox themed.

Huh, never noticed that. Well, yeah, they are pretty animal like I suppose.

Here I go make a foxgirl Nova.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

How come all the animal themed helmets are for female Warframes? Things like Equinox divisa, Nova Mithra, Valkyr, that khora helmet I started seeing like crazy after people realized they hated the prime one, Yareli alt helm, etc. 

Like, does nobody who makes these helmets want male frames to have them? 

The only male frame I could think of that has an "animal helmet" is Oberon, but I'm not about to start using Oberon so... (Ok yeah there's Wukong but being 🐒 is not really that different from everyone else.)

(Also I'm very aware many of these helmets are tennogen, but now DE is making werewolf frame who like Valkyr is female so I decided to bring it up.)

Only the one who does not want to see is blind.

1 hour ago, RootyTootyAimAnShooty said:

Well, I didn't realise we were sticking to mammals. Then it'd be Ash, Loki and Rhino I guess. Still, a bit more than 10% of the male frames. Maybe it is more prevalent in the female frames, wouldn't say it's only them though.

Which helmet is the cat ear one for ash again?

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

then change your title, "animals" word covers much more than "mammals".

Even then, my point still stands, compare the amount of male frames with animal design themes and then compare them to female frames with anime designs. Then compare the amount of animal themed helmets each have and you will see female frames have a lot more, mammals or not.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Even then, my point still stands, compare the amount of male frames with animal design themes and then compare them to female frames with anime designs. Then compare the amount of animal themed helmets each have and you will see female frames have a lot more, mammals or not.

I don't care

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Well "a lot more" isnt the same as "only". 

I'm sure we can find something else that is more common on the male frames, like mythological themes I guess, with dragons and gods being more common.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Which helmet is the cat ear one for ash again?

One of the tennogen ones, can't remember off of the top of my head because I'm not on the game right now. I remember looking at it and thinking that really looked like a Valkyr one. It wasn't specifically a cat ears, but it had two triangular spikes at the back like Valkyr.

Archived