Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Devstream 163 Mag rework

SHerSHeni

Buff 1 ability of "Attraction" is good, but it is better to adjust 4 ability of "Crushing". 

When activating 4 abilities :

- Mag , stops and suspends all enemies and projectiles caught in the defeat zone. While the enemies are hanging, you can shoot them with secondary weapons or until the time has run out for the ability to activate again to finish off the enemies (replenishing your shields).

- Mag, can use the ability to manipulate enemies and use them as projectiles and a target for magnetization, and (2 ability "Magnetization")

- Also, the accumulated "particles" in the zone of the ability could become a projectile for the 2 ability "Magnetization-cannon", as well as enemies under the influence of 4 abilities will be a projectile.

This is an English translation, I hope for understanding. Thank you for your attention.

30 minutes ago, SHerSHeni said:

Buff 1 ability of "Attraction" is good, but it is better to adjust 4 ability of "Crushing". 

- Meg , stops and suspends all enemies and projectiles caught in the defeat zone. While the enemies are hanging, you can shoot them with secondary weapons or until the time has run out for the ability to activate again to finish off the enemies (replenishing your shields).

- Meg, can use the ability to manipulate enemies and use them as projectiles and a target for magnetization, and (2 ability "Magnetization")

- Also, the accumulated "particles" in the zone of the ability could become a projectile for the 2 ability "Magnetization-cannon", as well as enemies under the influence of 4 abilities will be a projectile.

This is an English translation, I hope for understanding. Thank you for your attention.

Why tweak a skill that, like many others, is more CC than anything else?
I change the 4 for Blood Altar.  Blood altar + Magnetize work fine.

Honestly kind of surprised nothing was done to Crush, considering its damage is still awful and its only good for the Overshields. It's supposed to be her "finisher" ability, and with her 1 and 2 Mag really doesn't need another CC-oriented ability.

Why not just make it increase the damage to enemies based on the amount of Polarize shards on the field? Each shard adds say 10% extra Power.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb SHerSHeni:

- Mag , stops and suspends all enemies and projectiles caught in the defeat zone. While the enemies are hanging, you can shoot them with secondary weapons or until the time has run out for the ability to activate again to finish off the enemies (replenishing your shields).

- Mag, can use the ability to manipulate enemies and use them as projectiles and a target for magnetization, and (2 ability "Magnetization")

I've only been writing with google translate for ages and I don't care what some clowns think.

I think 1 skill is pointless. because mag is fast and collecting loot is not an issue. it also has bugged "line of sight" mechanics. so a pure joke!

for me it would be better if mag had a good def skill like mesa. because mag is made of paper and even against ranged despite 2 skill with extremely high range you have to hide in the corner.

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

because mag is made of paper and even against ranged despite 2 skill with extremely high range you have to hide in the corner

Ah... so you don't know how to "clown" with her 3rd..?

Ofc, a [Natural talent] helps a lot+ fast fingers, but Mag is pretty hard to down, if you know what you're doing.

Still, a lot of button mashing is involved if you happen to be in the thick of it, so an easier or maybe less reaction-based defense skill could do her good..

Gerade eben schrieb (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe:

Still, a lot of button mashing is involved

yeah sure...
spamming trash skill for shield gating every sec like a robot and keeping rolling guard on cd? i don't play from insane asylum... 🙄

and then there's a dot on sp and you're dead. 🤦‍♂️

just played sp alert with volt. gas dot and without vaz dash i would almost die instantly despite 850 health.

I don't really like rolling guard, so it's more like a shield gate->  cc with her 4-> reorientate to bubble nearest enemy an continue killing.

And yeah, those shield bypassing dots are terrible on Mag. Quick Thinking keeps you alive long enough to switch over to Operator to wait them out and Magus Elevate heals the meager healt pool back to full. Tho you're a sitting duck if you're out of energy.

She's hectic to play with, needing to constantly be on the edge, but rewarding in her Mag-nifying glass cannon kinda way.

Sadly, Mag's 4 is actually getting buffed because her Augment is getting buffed.

A neutral-strength Mag with Fracturing Crush will be able to completely strip armour in two casts. A 200% Strength Mag will be able to fully strip it in one.

This leaves Polarise as an Augmented CC cast and for playing with Shield Gating, while her 2 remains one of the best Damage abilities in the game.

The important change for her Pull, OP, is that now you gather enemies in front of you.

And where should 'in front of you' be?

It should be in a Magnetise Bubble so you can kill them with the massive amount of damage it can deal.

That's the particular change that Mag players have been waiting for since Magnetise was reworked years ago; the option to reliably put new enemies into range of Magnetise before it expires.

On 2022-08-28 at 8:22 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

A neutral-strength Mag with Fracturing Crush will be able to completely strip armour in two casts. A 200% Strength Mag will be able to fully strip it in one.

Yup, I just wish this was incorporated in the skill itself, coz the armor/shield strip from her 3 remains unbuffed..

Edit: it'd be best if all skill mods would get their own separate slot and not take the mod-space from the frame's build.. One can wish...

42 minutes ago, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

Yup, I just wish this was incorporated in the skill itself, coz the armor/shield strip from her 3 remains unbuffed..

Considering that her 3 is already a better ability without the armour strip at all... and is about to get buffed for synergy with her 2... I think it's going to be fine there ^^

I really wish Mag's bubble would act like Gara, Frost, Khora, Limbo, Vauban, etc, where you can place at least 1, anywhere, without the need for an enemy. Maybe you could collect enemy bullets and deal aoe damage, when bubble pops. Enemies inside get stomped by your damage, enemies outside get stomped by their own damage. It's always been kinda baffling that enemies can walk through the bubble as well. Wish the bubble would continue to pull in enemies, like khora and vauban.

Archived