Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What about ammo efficiency?

selig_fay

In general, everything is in the title of the topic. What's stopping me from using energy ammo or arcane pistoleer to blow everything up with aoe? I mean, I can get a headshot kill with any secondary weapon and for the next 16 seconds not waste the aoe weapon's  ammo.

1 hour ago, selig_fay said:

I can get a headshot kill with any secondary weapon and for the next 16 seconds not waste the aoe weapon's  ammo.

That's Exactly what DE wants you to do..... The rest of us will just use Thermal Sunder Titania and be done with it.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 hours ago, selig_fay said:

In general, everything is in the title of the topic. What's stopping me from using energy ammo or arcane pistoleer to blow everything up with aoe? I mean, I can get a headshot kill with any secondary weapon and for the next 16 seconds not waste the aoe weapon's  ammo.

I do not see a problem with this.

8 hours ago, selig_fay said:

There are some things they mentioned in the video but didn't describe at all, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were also things like ammo efficiency and ammo restores they didn't even mention. 

That being said, if they missed it, hopefully they're paying attention after the update and ready to adjust further.  Even if they're on top of ammo efficiency, there will be other stuff to address. 

9 hours ago, selig_fay said:

I mean, I can get a headshot kill with any secondary weapon and for the next 16 seconds not waste the aoe weapon's  ammo.

You fool, you fell for their trap!

I mean, that's what they want: for the player to diversify rather than rely on an AoE weapon all the time. Sure, the initial idea is to have the secondary as a backup, but if the ammo changes mean you start using your secondary to fuel your primary, they still win.

Energized Munitions is more debatable but Pistoleer is perfect.

12 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Pistoleer is perfect.

Yeah, probably.    The headshot kill requirement will make it a dramatic change of pace for most AoE users.  Energized Munition way more problematic, I think, since there's little that's interesting about using it.   Maybe the maintenance required makes it non-threatening to DE though.

9 hours ago, Pakaku said:

If you can headshot that easily, why run AoE at all? I have a couple of fun weapons to recommend you...

If I still tried to shoot in the head. I’m even wondering if cathmoon not stop call Pistoleer. If so, then I think we will simply add these two things to the current meta build.

Well, at the expense of funny guns, Dex Pixia gives me the right to use the main harpoons and mutalist quanta as a buff weapon, so ... I will just wait for harpoons buff, which I heard about. Thanks)

Archived