Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions about Ember Prime's str cap.

BethTheBean

Question

Good morning.

I'm updating my Ember Prime to use in most of the mission types, including SP. I believe her str cap is 90% on top of her base str. 

I want to add the natural talent mod, but I'm bad at the metric math. I'm looking to balance out my range and power, to make all her powers useful. This is what I have so far :

SSnWBlo.jpg

All suggestions welcome.

12 answers to this question

I mean... Ember is unique in that every enemy you set fire to increases your STR by 5%. So you can add more range so that you can get that bonus.

At SP you can also get insane STR numbers from that, so you might not even need to apply that much strength.

Especially when Ember's go to is to start with Fire Blast. 

49 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

There's no such thing in Waframe as "strength cap". Ability strength can be increased as much as you can imagine (if you have means for that, of course).

yep but there are some frames that having power strength above maximum utility effect is useless so it would be the same as spending power strength slots. frost and oberon is an example, the maximum recommended power strength would be to achieve 100% armor removal as having power strength above that does not buff any of the other skills at higher levels.

1 hour ago, CavaleroForKhorne said:

make all her powers useful

Well that's just not gonna happen (at least without the Augment) for her 1, so I replaced it via Helminth :P

Gloom seemed a nice option, easy / significant boost from her Passive, gives her back some non-LoS CC that she sadly lost (twice, DE why),
furthermore adding some passive Squad healing always gets a thumbs up in my book.

To that end, my build ended up looking like this:

Growing Power, Vigilante Pursuit
Umbral Vitality & Intensify
Stretch, Overextended
Streamline, Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise
Primed Continuity, Transient Fortitude

[BTW, with VigPurs at R4, and the Umbrals at R9 each, I even managed to fit all this in without an Umbral Forma, still leaving 3 slots unpolarized for other build options.]

You may not always get absolutely maximum slow on Gloom, but you'll get a good amount and high range on it in any case,
plus you in general should be hard pressed to run out of Energy unless you just don't pay any attention at all to her overheat meter thing
(if you even feel the need to turn her 2 on in the first place, which I personally rarely do, though I don't run, say, Steel Path endurance or anything, TBH).

You won't need Energize in SP with Exothermic, as the floor will be a sea of blue orbs, so you could replace it with something like Arcane Avenger/Acceleration. Otherwise, it's a decent build, similar to mine except I don't need Natural talent, instead have Transient Fortitude, and Preparation in the Exilus slot helps immensely to get things going right off the bat. Also you might consider using Pillage in place of her 1, as that extra layer of protection from overshields when you've only 300 hp is reassuring.

13 minutes ago, Famecans said:

yep but there are some frames that having power strength above maximum utility effect is useless so it would be the same as spending power strength slots. frost and oberon is an example, the maximum recommended power strength would be to achieve 100% armor removal as having power strength above that does not buff any of the other skills at higher levels.

That problem may be fixed with the crystals in the next update.

I don't know much about ember but I can give an opinion about 100% shield based builds.

[brief respide] + [adaptation] + [augurs mods] + [primed sure footed] + [rolling guard] + [arcane avoid slash status]
+
[Blind Rage] + [arcane energizer] + [primed flow] + [deth cube augment mod]

The combination of the two combos above is currently my best resistance build for shields frames without [Dragon Key] equipped, with the bonus of a lot of energy accumulation and 199% of power streght..

Economic notes:

• Has a school skill (I forgot the school name) that can replace [rolling guard], this is your ivencibility timer to spend energy and regenerate shields/shield gatting.
  • [primed sure footed] is expendable if you have effective crowd control and are sure that nothing will hit you / knock you to the ground.
  • The only thing that will passes through shields is toxin procs (even using toxin arcana), so your build will be more fragile only on infested maps, just watch out for toxic clouds.
  • No one health or armor mods should be used on shield-based builds as armor only reduces health damage and does not reduce shields damage.
  • Slash damage passes through armor but "doesn't pass through shields" so damage reduction mods like [adaptation] [shock absorb] [aviator] work very well to reduce slash damage and other damage on shields, armor and health.
  • In shield-based builds [arcane avoid slash] is better than [arcane avoid toxic] as most factions will hit you more slash procs than toxin, only infested are relevant in dealing toxin.

Additional Notes:

• the negative efficiency on [blind rage] is a positive to [brief respide] so in your build you could replace [umbral intensify].
  • I don't recommend mods like [streamline] as this combo works around how much energy you can spend, so remember that energy = survive and attack while [rolling guard] = survive against toxin.
  • I separated the green and blue combo because blue combo can be improved with protea helmint skill, so the blue combo is modifiable or optional.

20 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

How so? What do you think that will change about how far it's profitable to push Strength?

Some of these crystals will surely give power strength and therefore you could apply other mods to your build, that is.
Imagine using 4 crystal shards with 15% power strength? or something like that...
40Sd5K2.png

3 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Some of these crystals will surely give power strength and therefore you could apply other mods to your build, that is.
Imagine using 4 crystals with 15% power strength? or something like that...

this sounds really cool, I'm looking forward to the next update, I haven't read anything about the dev notes.

1 hour ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

What you quoted was about not using too many Strength Mods beyond a certain breakpoints, like when Armor removal reaches 100%.

So I was (and still am) confused as to what "problem" you were talking about,
or how using even less Strength Mods fixes it (let alone why it needed fixing in the first place).

Like, this was not someone complaining they have too few Mod slots after dumping a ton of Strength onto a Frame,
more like the opposite, they were talking about how they didn't see a need to keep dumping beyond a certain amount.

hace 20 minutos, NinjaZeku dijo:

What you quoted was about not using too many Strength Mods beyond a certain breakpoints, like when Armor removal reaches 100%.

So I was (and still am) confused as to what "problem" you were talking about,
or how using even less Strength Mods fixes it (let alone why it needed fixing in the first place).

Like, this was not someone complaining they have too few Mod slots after dumping a ton of Strength onto a Frame,
more like the opposite, they were talking about how they didn't see a need to keep dumping beyond a certain amount.

I mean frost and oberon. Frost needs to have 250% power strength for his 4 to 100% armor removal.
Something similar happens with Oberon.
The thing is you have to equip a lot of power strength mods and that restricts you from using other utility or survivability mods. With the crystal shards that could be solved.

Archived