Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery

(XBOX)HELLSD3V1L

I do understand the frustration but the highest mastery requirement for weapons is 15, for anything in the game even except access to the blessings font I think, and that becomes easier and easier to reach every time they add new weapons into the game.

It seems like a lot of work to get there but it's part of the progression and in the grand scheme of the game it's a blip. If you can't deal with this grind you're going to have a hard time.

Most of the strongest weapons in the game, the kuva and tenet weapons, don't even have a mastery requirement really. They have a ranking assigned to them but the method of obtaining them bypasses it. I'd argue they probably should require mr 15 to access personally. Just cus it's really boring to grab the strongest weapon in the game practically as soon as you start and then never use anything else.

Grab a smeeta, craft a bunch of weapons at once, leave them in your foundry and wait for an affinity booster from daily logins, then grind a load of them out in Elite sanctuary onslaught. You could also go to a busy relay and try to get an mr 30+ player to pop an affinity blessing on top of your booster but that's a bit of a long shot and you'd just be wasting your booster's time.

In normal play have one good weapon on you and two weapons you're ranking up in the other slots unless you absolutely need a full arsenal for what you're doing. Also try to always be ranking up a companion except when you're power leveling weapons in Sanctuary with your smeeta. It'll go by fast.

Yes, the MR tests are kinda dumb (and they certainly aren't really a test of player's ability/proficiency in the game).... But they give goals to reach for.

Practice before doing the mastery tests (there's a practice button on the bottom right).  So you know what the test is and can practice.  Look at youtube for help if you get stuck.

If you're at the XP level to qualify for a MR test you still keep earning XP.  So if you've failed a MR test, you're not losing anything other than having to wait to try it again, your points still keep adding on.

Natural progression isn't inherently bad though. Yeah, some of the MR tests are a bit finnicky, but they exist to test your overall competency. It's not a perfect system, by any means, but it needs to exist to match the pacing of fellow contemporaries. If you cannot understand the mechanics, and I do agree that DE isn't very transparent on everything, then you won't get far in the game.

... Neither the title of this thread or the OP made by the Author give any clear indication that this is related to Mastery Rank Tests... And the second post from the Author only indicates not-so-correct behavior due to added frustration simply because no one else is living inside his/her head to understand, right off the bat, from that very clearly and self-explanatory title and OP content that this is about...

Spoiler

Mastery Rank TESTS

... And I'm pretty sure that the 3rd post of this thread's author will clearly be something insulting based on self-imposed misinterpretation, due to the already noticeable frustration levels, telling me outright that I should get off my high horse as I clearly don't understand the situation here... To which the 4th post of this author is going to be an argument with me because of what I'm going to say next...

... You can buy "Mastery Rank" on browser games and Mastery Rank tests serve a purpose, even if their objective towards that purpose is outdated to what the game currently is... So, if you think that waiting 24h is a pain, maybe you should try not to fail your next attempt or, if it proves harder than living to handle, you should just stop with whatever you're doing and get your head straight...

Unlike 10 years ago, you can practice for those tests through Simaris without the needing to wait. DE clearly implemented that possibility to allow players to practice before taking the real tests to minimize the amount of potential failures... But the thing is, most of those failures happen because players ignore game functionalities due to - wait for it - how long it takes to perform said actions when compared to ""Start -> Objective -> Extract" in less than 1 second" approach ... Well, if players DID engage with those different functionalities as they were supposed to, they wouldn't really be failing those tests...

I get this is a game of space ninja but, taking out ability use of Banshee's silent step and generally just making something longer than it should be for a "stealth" MR challenge is dumb. I get that my complaining about it is pointless but trying to get to MR 9 even with practicing before I do the trial is not yielding results and I just want my account from Xbox to fuse with my PC account so I can get all my stuff from both and go back to MR 15. It's crushing when I map paths and know how to take them out but get seen /caught in dumb ways anyway. Yea some of it is my fault with the Warframe I choose or I slide into the enemy instead of just crouching (how I've just about got caught the last 3 tries of the full MR test) BUT I DON'T STEALTH IN THE GAME UNLESS I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TOO and I'm pretty sure none of you do either. The wait time is absurd just let me retake it ESPECIALLY if it's stealth MR challenges.

On 2022-09-01 at 8:55 PM, (XBOX)HELLSD3V1L said:

I can see people don't actually read it properly so what's the point I'm not on about the leveling and all that crap I'm littery saying that the locus challenges are just dumb and the fact if u fail then u have to wait a hole day rather have DV1 level or DV2 leveling other than this dumb crap

that's why the practice button exists

On 2022-09-01 at 7:25 AM, (XBOX)HELLSD3V1L said:

I can see people don't actually read it properly so what's the point I'm not on about the leveling and all that crap I'm littery saying that the locus challenges are just dumb and the fact if u fail then u have to wait a hole day rather have DV1 level or DV2 leveling other than this dumb crap

On 2022-09-01 at 4:38 AM, (XBOX)HELLSD3V1L said:

Mastery rank should not be a thing or we should be able to buy it as it actually caps players and stops them from being higher and crafting better stuff it's rather dumb

Man i assure you this isnt a reading problem. I dont know if you forgot what you typed in this post or what

Mastery rank is mainly to show the gear you have used, test are a side thing. Mastery rank tests dont care about your gear, they just throw up a test, thats why you got everybody confused

On 2022-09-01 at 4:25 AM, (XBOX)HELLSD3V1L said:

Yeah that's not what you said at all. You literally just said mastery requirements are bad. There's no way to interpret your original post as having anything to do with the tests or the failure cool-down.

If the tests are what's giving you issues tho. You can do practice runs of them until you're confident you won't fail. The hallway to the right in Cephalon Simaris' room in relays allows you to run practice tests without incurring the cool-down if you fail. But if you succeed on a practice test it doesn't count. The game should do a much better job of letting you know these exist or just giving you the option to do practice runs straight from your orbiter cus I see a lot of posts like this of new players getting frustrated about the tests cus they don't know the practice option exists. You can also play previously cleared tests from this room if you want to, and do the practice run of the next mastery rank up before you've actually got enough mastery to qualify for it.

And I agree the cool-down is really dumb. It doesn't actually do anything positive for the game. It's an outdated mechanic that should be removed. I went into detail about how stupid the cool-down is in another posts someone made specifically about it. but the tldr of it is the amount of extra logins DE can get out of players form the test failure cooldown is negligible compared to the amount of players they lose from it, and the amount of daily caps in the game quickly making anything those cooldowns achieve an absolutely insignificant improvement in the unique daily login count. They definitely shouldn't exists

I really like the tests themselves tho. They're a nice occasional change of pace and knowledge/skill check that I think the game could use a lot more of tbh (along with some actual tutorials on how to do literally anything). And I think the mastery requirements on weapons are pretty reasonable. It's just that one unnecessarily punishing cool-down mechanic that's really problematic.

On 2022-09-03 at 2:48 AM, Megadoomer125 said:

I get this is a game of space ninja but, taking out ability use of Banshee's silent step and generally just making something longer than it should be for a "stealth" MR challenge is dumb. I get that my complaining about it is pointless but trying to get to MR 9 even with practicing before I do the trial is not yielding results and I just want my account from Xbox to fuse with my PC account so I can get all my stuff from both and go back to MR 15. It's crushing when I map paths and know how to take them out but get seen /caught in dumb ways anyway. Yea some of it is my fault with the Warframe I choose or I slide into the enemy instead of just crouching (how I've just about got caught the last 3 tries of the full MR test) BUT I DON'T STEALTH IN THE GAME UNLESS I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TOO and I'm pretty sure none of you do either. The wait time is absurd just let me retake it ESPECIALLY if it's stealth MR challenges.

Agreed the stealth MR challenges are a bit ridiculous because of how broken stealth in this game is. They're more luck than anything else. I haven't tried them in a while but I can see if I can find any consistent way of doing them with mr 8 or > gear. The strat I recall using is sniping enemies with redeemer from the starting point but even then I got caught a few times cus enemy sight range is ridiculous.

Edit: Redeemer works but you have to make absolutely sure you're abusing hit-scan to shoot around obstacles while staying completely out of sight (Bullets will hit what your reticle is pointing at regardless of where you are in relation to it). Always use heavy attack otherwise you might not one shot them if they're too far away. And the slight forward movement of shooting with redeemer can move you on top of short obstacles or around anything you're hiding behind if you're not careful to keep a bit of distance between you and your cover. Wisp's passive along with a bunch of aim glide mods to keep you in the air as long as possible and a glaive to attack makes things very easy. But Wisp is only available to farm after the sacrifice quest so it's quite a ways into the game to get to her without paying platinum. Rank 19 is also a stealth test.

You can switch what shoulder your camera is aiming over with H by default on PC if you need it to shoot around left corners. Probably have to map it yourself on console.

21 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

The game should do a much better job of letting you know these exist or just giving you the option to do practice runs straight from your orbiter cus I see a lot of posts like this of new players getting frustrated about the tests cus they don't know the practice option exists.

You can do it from the orbiter

I don't know if it's a newish thing? (I had a long break and only started playing regularly again in 2021, so I don't remember if it was there prior to 2021),  but when you qualify for a rank up -- on the screen that tells you and has the button for doing the test - there's a button on the lower right to "Practice" - which lets you practice right there and then from your orbiter.

Granted being where it is, the button isn't super obvious, but it's there.

21 minutes ago, 0bsi said:

You can do it from the orbiter

I don't know if it's a newish thing? (I had a long break and only started playing regularly again in 2021, so I don't remember if it was there prior to 2021),  but when you qualify for a rank up -- on the screen that tells you and has the button for doing the test - there's a button on the lower right to "Practice" - which lets you practice right there and then from your orbiter.

Granted being where it is, the button isn't super obvious, but it's there.

I looked for it when I hit LR 2 and didn't see it. So ether it's REALLY inconspicuous or it's very recent.

8 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

I looked for it when I hit LR 2 and didn't see it. So ether it's REALLY inconspicuous or it's very recent.

it's not recent. has been there pretty much forever, since the window that opens up in the relay is the same overlay that you open in your orbiter.

random video from 2020 with timestamp.

you can see that there's a "practice" button in the bottom right corner right next to cancel after he presses mastery rank up.

3 minutes ago, iHaku said:

it's not recent. has been there pretty much forever, since the window that opens up in the relay is the same overlay that you open in your orbiter.

random video from 2020 with timestamp.

you can see that there's a "practice" button in the bottom right corner right next to cancel after he presses mastery rank up.

Just inconspicuous then. Guess I didn't look hard enough. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived