Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack has a bunch of pointless mechanics unrelated to gameplay, which end in lost mission rewards

shootaman777

1) Using Clan Dojos as mission hubs

The problem: Most of the time, the host loads in first to the dojo and immediately leaves it. Depending on how far the non-host players have loaded into the dojo, it can put the non-host players on infinite loading screens, boot them out of the dojo because there are no members of the host's clan left in the dojo (which can result in losing mission rewards), or cause host migrations that can fail (again, resulting in losing mission rewards).

A solution: Make everyone load back into their orbiters after a Railjack mission. Have them pop up through the floor through the spot in the ship across from the Operator room where they can access the Railjack from the Orbiter. Upon objective completion followed by either the 30 second 'Return to Railjack' timer or all players returning to the Railjack, bring up a Defence/Interception-style pop-up of Stay/Extract. For anyone who hits stay, have a console somewhere on the Railjack (preferably up by the pilot's seat) where they can hold X to leave the mission at any time, like the Zariman elevator.

2) Queueing more Railjack missions from a Railjack mission

A problem: Some rewards have a hard time carrying over from one mission to another. Additionally, the more drops a player accumulates in a series of runs, the more they will lose when one of the many reward-losing Railjack bugs inevitably occurs.
-Example 1: Yesterday, I queued a Pluto Proxima mission from another one, finishing all the nodes I hadn't yet done (think it was the Spy and the Orphix). After finishing the first mission, 125k credits was one of the mission rewards. Upon finishing the second mission, I noticed that the credit total had not changed, meaning that one of the missions did not give credits. As far as I know, all Railjack missions give credits. And even if not, the credits looted from enemies in the second mission should have added to the total, but it remained the same. After checking my credit total, I confirmed that it only increased by 125k, so it's not as if the credit reward was given after the first mission, then another 125k was added after the second mission.
-Example 2: Today, I queued a Veil Proxima Void Storm from another Veil Proxima Void Storm. Queued the first one on pub and ended up doing the mission alone, but upon queueing it again, was joined to another squad and lost all the drops from the first mission. The reason I know that the drops were lost, is that an Auxiliary Power dropped in the first run, and I checked how many I had listed on warframe.market after the mission, and I had the exact same amount as listed. The kicker is that I lost all the drops from the second mission, too, because the host instantly left the dojo upon loading back into it from end of mission and I got booted from the dojo into an inbox message of a recovered Akbronco Prime Link, when I know that I had selected someone else's drop.

A solution: Make Railjack missions instanced like every other mission in the game. You queue from the Orbiter, do the mission, and get returned to the Orbiter. The option to queue a mission from another mission should not be given to players unless it works 100% of the time, which it currently does not.

I'm going to go back to solo Railjack missions, and will only do them one-at-a-time from now on. Sick of losing 10-20 minutes of progress time and time again, because Bugframe will be Bugframe.

hmm. i'm sure problems can happen, but all i can say is that i've played Railjack Missions plenty since Railjack was introduced, with plenty in Public, and Migrations were rare, failed Migrations extremely, extremely rare.

i'd say best would be for everything you did in a Railjack Mission to be registered once it is completed, and when your Railjack leaves that zone. so that everything up to Mission Completion would be logged, and any additional pickups or Mining after that would get logged as soon as the Railjack leaves that Mission.
you shouldn't be able to lose anything, in such a scenario.

1) Interesting point. Haven't played much Railjack in recent weeks but if those loading issues are still in, they have to be adressed. DE, please give Railjack more love!

2) After host migration the rewards generally are not shown, this might be what OP is referring to in 2). You still get the rewards, but they're not shown.

On 2022-09-02 at 4:55 AM, shootaman777 said:

Railjack has a bunch of pointless mechanics unrelated to gameplay, which end in lost mission rewards

Then Stop Playing It.... As Long as the Metrics indicate that People are Still playing Railjack then it Will Never Get Fixed... Definitely Won't get Fixed just because we Asked them too.... Or did you learn nothing from Void Sling Feedback 👀 ?

The flow of a railjack mission is just designed weirdly.  And it's been tweaked at least once to make it "smoother".  It doesn't feel smooth.

Unrelated, but I had my worst Host Migration issue in RJ about a month ago.  Maybe two.  I wasn't host.  I was in AW going to destroy a crewship.  I pop in, and I'm Wisp so drop a haste mote.  Host migration happens.  When it finishes, I'm now host.  I'm also in my AW, but still inside the crewship.  Can't cast, shoot, melee, swap to operator or exit.  /unstuck doesn't do anything.  I'm just in the crewship in my archwing able to move around and that's it.  The mobs hadn't respawned so I couldn't even get them to kill me.  Gear wheel doesn't come up.  So all I can do is fly around in the AW, waiting for them to blow up the ship so I can die.

23 hours ago, Wheelhouser said:

The flow of a railjack mission is just designed weirdly.  And it's been tweaked at least once to make it "smoother".  It doesn't feel smooth.

Unrelated, but I had my worst Host Migration issue in RJ about a month ago.  Maybe two.  I wasn't host.  I was in AW going to destroy a crewship.  I pop in, and I'm Wisp so drop a haste mote.  Host migration happens.  When it finishes, I'm now host.  I'm also in my AW, but still inside the crewship.  Can't cast, shoot, melee, swap to operator or exit.  /unstuck doesn't do anything.  I'm just in the crewship in my archwing able to move around and that's it.  The mobs hadn't respawned so I couldn't even get them to kill me.  Gear wheel doesn't come up.  So all I can do is fly around in the AW, waiting for them to blow up the ship so I can die.

People seem to forget real fast - DE experimented with Railjack as a different thing - where they had larger ambitions that they never actually implemented - then opted to go a different direction. And finally tried to revert the game mode back to essentially core WF. THe UPGRADES Interface was not the traditional MODS they've had in game forever (that early version acted like mods but came across ina weird interface that took some getting used to).

Railjack is one of the newer systems DE implemented and has nearly the most version implementations since it's release. Melee took 7+ years to get to Ver 4 while Railjack is on Ver 3 since 2019 (average 1 new version of RJ per year). And RJ Ver 3 is radically different than Ver 1.

10 hours ago, uberfu said:

People seem to forget real fast - DE experimented with Railjack as a different thing - where they had larger ambitions that they never actually implemented - then opted to go a different direction. And finally tried to revert the game mode back to essentially core WF. THe UPGRADES Interface was not the traditional MODS they've had in game forever (that early version acted like mods but came across ina weird interface that took some getting used to).

Railjack is one of the newer systems DE implemented and has nearly the most version implementations since it's release. Melee took 7+ years to get to Ver 4 while Railjack is on Ver 3 since 2019 (average 1 new version of RJ per year). And RJ Ver 3 is radically different than Ver 1.

I started in mid 2020.  I believe it was called RJ 2.0 by most at that point.  I know I enjoyed how it was designed at that point more than what we have now.  You could always start a public mission with your own RJ no matter what.  Missions had loose roles, so full squads ran smoother when each person did their thing (engineer + pilot + gunner/away guy at minimum).  No Corpus missions (IE, have a full star chart ground mission inside the RJ mission).

I've always found the RJ portion fun, and I obviously find basic Warframe fun (barring defense missions).  But something about mashing them together makes both of them a little less enjoyable, so I've avoided Corpus Railjack missions like the plague (bar clearing each one once).  Farming the Holokeys was one of my least favorite farming activities.

21 hours ago, Wheelhouser said:

I've always found the RJ portion fun, and I obviously find basic Warframe fun (barring defense missions).  But something about mashing them together makes both of them a little less enjoyable

pretty much what i recently said in another thread like this. RJ would be more fun if it was more about RJ.

Archived