Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova unintended feature

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

So Nova has the ability to speed up enemies with her 4. Doing a little research I found that this is an unintended feature that’s been in the game since her release, and the only reason we have it is because it was not caught or patched before Nova was added to the game.

This should be removed. If it’s an unintended feature then it’s not supposed to be in the game.

On top of that remove the Chroma Deluxe heavy blade skin becoming 3x bigger on Zenistar as that too was an unintended affect.

34 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

the community likes it so why remove it?

51 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

On top of that remove the Chroma Deluxe heavy blade skin becoming 3x bigger on Zenistar as that too was an unintended affect.

you know people buy that bundle just for the heavy blade skin right? that bug actually makes them money.

This is a post complaining about DE's recent balancing decisions (probably relating to Styanax), not actually calling for changes.

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

This is a post complaining about DE's recent balancing decisions (probably relating to Styanax), not actually calling for changes.

More calling out their hypocrisy and double standards.

why does one unintended feature that has a serious impact on gameplay get to go free? While another one that ultimately had no major impact but was just fun get 86’d? Why does one get recognized as a feature while the other gets treated like it’s removal was for our benefit?

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

and the only reason we have it is because it was not caught or patched before Nova was added to the game.

Nope.

Nova's 4 used to be instant and scaled with range mods.

Only when they changed the radius to slooowly expand and be affected by duration mods this bug got into the game.

They left it in because people liked it and even mentioned that in ancient patch notes.

tldr:

"im mad about styanax getting fixed so now i'll whine about other things in return, that'll show em!"

here's the thing, the nova speed thing was INITIALLY a bug, but got fixed into becoming a feature, the speed increase was capped just like the slowdown and as of today, speed nova is a proper feature now.

as for the zenistar bug, that's not a gameplay issue. at all. DE thought it was funny so they didn't bother fixing it since it wasn't having an impact on the game.

meanwhile styanax could literally walk on thin air due to various glitches with his 4. 

yeaaaah definitely equal. 

31 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Nope.

Nova's 4 used to be instant and scaled with range mods.

Only when they changed the radius to slooowly expand and be affected by duration mods this bug got into the game.

They left it in because people liked it and even mentioned that in ancient patch notes.

So it was still an unintended feature. My point still stands.

29 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

tldr:

"im mad about styanax getting fixed so now i'll whine about other things in return, that'll show em!"

here's the thing, the nova speed thing was INITIALLY a bug, but got fixed into becoming a feature, the speed increase was capped just like the slowdown and as of today, speed nova is a proper feature now.

as for the zenistar bug, that's not a gameplay issue. at all. DE thought it was funny so they didn't bother fixing it since it wasn't having an impact on the game.

meanwhile styanax could literally walk on thin air due to various glitches with his 4. 

yeaaaah definitely equal. 

Personally I don’t care that much about Styanax. His playstyle isn’t too my liking. I’m just sick of DE cherry picking what is and isn’t allowed to be a thing. Like them making Scattered Justice not work on Kuva Hek because it’s stronger than Hek. Even tho other weapon variants that are stronger than the base version can use that weapons augment. Or changes made to Xakus 2 because DE didn’t want frames to have a better version of Lokis abilities. Despite the fact that there’s other frames with better versions of Lokis abilities.

Either apply the rule to everything, or don’t make the rule in the first place.

6 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

A gamedeveloper having the right to do whatever they want with their Intelectual property. 

THE AUDACITY!!!

Except there’s no consistency to their decision making. One day something’s fine. Then it’s done again and it’s not fine like the first time. But the first time remains untouched.

Its hypocrisy. And it shouldn’t be defended. 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

And what about all the unintended stuff that they kept in despite it literally creating the same circumstances?

Did it though? For Nova it was intended to slow enemies only from the start, once they saw the speed they liked it. Put a cap on it and said good.

For Styanax they originally didn't want his 4th to make him fly, saw it happening and said, yeah we don't like it and fixed it.

This is all in your head, you are stressing out over nothing.

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Then what’s the point of these forums then? If your guy’s response to criticism is just “STFU, DE doesn’t need criticism for what they do”.

Lmao im trollin but ikr? i be wondering the same thing. People really dont be knowing what it means to be constructive to other peoples ideas

- Got your classic gif/image only post (unconstructive and most unnecessary)

- Then your person who assumes you have a hidden agenda like just wanting stynax changes reverted (unconstructive)

- Then your people who forget DE made the forums so they can better understand what different players like, and just tell you to deal with what we already have??? (unconstructive)

Forums annoying lol

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Did it though? For Nova it was intended to slow enemies only from the start, once they saw the speed they liked it. Put a cap on it and said good.

For Styanax they originally didn't want his 4th to make him fly, saw it happening and said, yeah we don't like it and fixed it.

This is all in your head, you are stressing out over nothing.

Except they make these decisions based on how much the fanbase enjoys it too. Hence why things like that weapons skin on Zenistar got to stay. 
Yet now our opinions on the topic seem to no longer be part of the equation regarding things like this. Even their response to the reaction to the Styanax nerfs reads as them saying “Oh you’re upset we made him worse? Anyways.”

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Then what’s the point of these forums then? If your guy’s response to criticism is just “STFU, DE doesn’t need criticism for what they do”. You’re literally defeating the purpose of why we have a platform for feedback.

From the community FAQ:

Q: Where can I tell a Dev about my concerns about changes made to Warframe?

A: We welcome constructive feedback and always check the forums to get a sense of how our players feel about Warframe. It’s amazing that our players have cared so much about Warframe’s development since the very beginning! The public forums are the best place to share your feedback. We love to see constructive posts and the community’s responses to those posts. It helps us understand what we need to improve. The Warframe Team shares our players’ passion for Warframe, so we know it's easy for discussions to become heated. That's why we use the Community Guidelines as an outline for keeping feedback constructive. We want to know how our players feel so we can continue to make Warframe the best it can be, and constructive feedback is the best way to help us do that. Please read the Community Guidelines here if you haven’t already!

OP was NOT constructive. It was ironic baiting. 

5 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

From the community FAQ:

Q: Where can I tell a Dev about my concerns about changes made to Warframe?

A: We welcome constructive feedback and always check the forums to get a sense of how our players feel about Warframe. It’s amazing that our players have cared so much about Warframe’s development since the very beginning! The public forums are the best place to share your feedback. We love to see constructive posts and the community’s responses to those posts. It helps us understand what we need to improve. The Warframe Team shares our players’ passion for Warframe, so we know it's easy for discussions to become heated. That's why we use the Community Guidelines as an outline for keeping feedback constructive. We want to know how our players feel so we can continue to make Warframe the best it can be, and constructive feedback is the best way to help us do that. Please read the Community Guidelines here if you haven’t already!

OP was NOT constructive. It was ironic baiting. 

I’m more constructive than the people telling me not to say anything at all.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Except they make these decisions based on how much the fanbase enjoys it too. Hence why things like that weapons skin on Zenistar got to stay. 
Yet now our opinions on the topic seem to no longer be part of the equation regarding things like this. Even their response to the reaction to the Styanax nerfs reads as them saying “Oh you’re upset we made him worse? Anyways.”

*sigh*

I don't know how to get this through your head, 

Just because a bug is well liked or favorited by the community doesn't necessarily mean it will stay in the game.

It is up to tue discretion of DE if they want to keep it or not because it is theur game.

We can have our opinions but in the end it is DE's choice.

Archived