The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I turn off screen shake on recoil? It hurts my eyes.

Scar.brother.help.me

First of all I think that the option to turn off screen shake is not working properly. Sometimes it works, sometimes I see no difference.

Second - I always tried to use anti-recoil mods/arcanes and tried to roll rivens with -recoil besides desired stats. Not because I wanted my weapons to aim and hit more accurate but because recoil shakes the screen and it makes me tired of the game very quickly. I mean screen shake makes me kinda sick after a while.

Could you check the screen shake option if it works as intended? I wouldn't mind if recoil moved/shaked my reticle making it harder to aim but not the whole screen shaking all the time.

Nintendo Switch player here, can confirm this is on Switch too. It's particularly noticeable with certain Automatic weapons, where the recoil shakes the whole screen and not just the aiming reticle, even when screen shake is disabled in settings. So far, Phenmor's Incarnon mode (despite saying it has "reduced recoil" in this mode) and the Mausolon. Gonna go through my automatics and assault rifles and see what else does this.

until they change how recoil works, try the pyrana prime. not only does a good build require you have -100% recoil, its also a really good weapon that just melts anything and has infinite ammo with arcane pistoleer.

build: https://overframe.gg/build/296424/

replace the riven with pathogen rounds if you don't have one, and if you do have a riven make sure you have corrosive on it

Between the walking epilepsy triggers that Eidolons used to be, the way release Particle Ram was actually painful to look at with some energy colors, and stuff like this I really think DE needs to have somebody on the dev team whose sole job is to screen for dangerous/unpleasant visual effects.  And, just as importantly, who cannot be overruled when he says to take something out or at least make it only active for players who actively choose to turn it on.

Archived