Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we turn off or disable or rework Gunnery 10?

pwnSacrifice

So It's been a few months since I've been in my railjack. I felt like grinding out some holokeys the other day, and after popping into a Void Storm on Saturn, I quickly learned that sometime in the last few updates, they made it so the artillery chair locks onto fighters with gunnery 10.

This wasn't the case before Veilbreaker, and it is very much unwanted.  Now I am actively fighting the game for control. Now I cannot reliably point at a crewship, as the second I "aim" I am jarred around to the nearest fighter. Seeing as I'm very often 1, 2 or even 3 kilometers out, it's helpful to be able to zoom. 

I only grabbed the intrinsic for the mastery after railjack revised and seeing as I am either piloting, in the artillery chair or doing a point of interest,. It hadn't effected me... until now. 

I know it's useful on consoles, and I don't advocate for it to go away, but *I* want to play, not let the game aim for me. I don't get an option to turn it off. I don't get to "undo" the mistake of wanting that 1500 mastery. Can we get a toggle, or better yet, a redesign so that it's not actively bad to choose? Maybe make it some kind of toggle in the accessibility options? How about we just go back to the artillery being, you know, the artillery instead of a third (useless) turret? 

It's a shame that my favorite game mode feels unplayable now. 

On 2022-10-16 at 4:33 PM, SDGDen said:

I've seen this a bunch lately... im at gunnery 9.

guess i am not upgrading. 

Unless you're *desperate* for mastery, or have some handicap aiming, I cannot recommend it.

For real, this shouldn't be a Gunnery perk, and it should just be an Accessibility option, possibly on by default on consoles (obviously with an opt out)

I honestly couldn't care less if it was replaced by a blank slot, but to give Pablo et al. a few suggestions for an appropriate Rank 10 perk (that more or less matches the others) here's some suggestions from a well seasoned enjoyer of railjack (especially skirmish)

On Turret Kill: Regen 25 energy/sec for 5 sec, 15 sec CD (energize for railjack) ((would be very nice to open up the jacks to more than hildryn/lavos/protea))

On Turret Kill: Gain X%(5?10?) damage stacking up to Y%(150?300?), lasts 5 secs (essentially merciless for railjack) ((we really don't need this one))

%chance on crewship kill to replenish (1 or 2) Dome charges  ((would be nice QoL change, kinda steps on cheap shot's toes))

Artillery Shots pass through shields ((possibly too strong, but I personally would love it))

Gain an Alternate Fire, Overcharging the turret and firing out some kind of Mega-Shot, at the cost of incurring Cooldown on the turret. Maybe make the Mega-Shot different based on different turrets (would be really cool). Possibly have it cost a dome charge. Basically turn your turrets into (stahlta/ambassador/aeolak).  ((I think this is the most appropriate one, matching roughly the design of the others, gaining a cool new function rather than just another buff))

Suggestions aside, just please change the artillery chair back to not tracking fighters.

I'm in team Gunnery 9 too 🤠.

The extra heat from Gunnery 10 caused a reaction even before the changes hit but from what I remember DEs response was a combination of "Suck it up" and "use "Gunnery 9 reload ability to mitigate".

Personally I would love artillery access from pilot seat as Gunnery 10, make the lock-on a toggle in accessibility options instead.

to play advocate i honestly dont even think its useful on consoles haha. i play on pc with a controller and dont have trouble aiming the big gun, because tbh, the crewship youre targeting should already be disabled as in high level stuff it sometimes wont even destroy it otherwise 

you are talking about that big one right? i havent touched rj in a long time

• 2 months later...

Necro-ing this because it needs more attention. 

I honestly couldn't care less about the actual ability, what sort of bonuses ect it has (I haven't actually used my turrets since the last railjack revised), about the only thing that I care about is the "accessibility" option that actively interferes with my gameplay.

It might seem a small issue (normally all the fighters are dead within a minute) but at no point is fighting the game for control ever acceptable, and while most of warframe is free from issues like that, this is one area where it's beyond an annoyance. If railjack ever gets expanded, this issue will just grow in scale. Far better to address this now, to appease players like myself and also quashing a potential issue if that design space is ever used again.

Not sure if I am very insensetive to the auto aim or what, but I can't say I have noticed this.  I have played ten or so missions in the last couple of weeks.  

On 2022-10-16 at 8:50 PM, pwnSacrifice said:

I quickly learned that sometime in the last few updates, they made it so the artillery chair locks onto fighters with gunnery 10.

What do you mean by artillery chair? Do you mean both turret and the artillery? Because you can use both in the artillery seat. I hit a fighter once in like 50+ shots with the artillery. Maybe I am killing off more fighters than you guys before going for the crewships?

Archived