Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which: Prisma Grinlock or Rubico?

GriffinLord12

I'm running out of inventory space, and I feel like two different snipers is too much especially when I wanna build new weapons. Which one do ya'll recommend I get rid off: the Prisma Grinlock, or the Rubico?

On the surface, it seems to me that they're very similar. They both output about the same damage (according to my own mod setups, and even at their base damage), but I like each for different reasons. The Grinlock has much more ammo in the magazine and is more aesthetically pleasing. The Rubico has less ammo but has a scope, and does slightly more damage. Note that I don't have the Rubico Prime, just the original weapon.

I imagine that there's more to either of these weapons that I am clueless about, so let me know which I should keep. 

Normally I'd sell whatever's easiest to obtain again later, but the Rubico is a better weapon and Baro weapons are always tradeable or return eventually

You might want to consider just trading things for plat and buying more slots, too

26 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Prisma Grinlok is not a sniper

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

the Grinlok is not a sniper at all

Ahh, that makes much more sense now lol. Thanks for clarifying.

32 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

the Rubico is a better weapon and Baro weapons are always tradeable or return eventually

Gotcha, appreciate it.

One option you do have, though I don't know how much it would affect your loadout: Ambush Optics, or a Riven with -Zoom.
This allows your sniper to function more like a DMR (which is kinda how the Grinlok rifles work, carbine/DMR rifles), but using the sniper mods.

Personally, I'd ditch Rubico if it isn't Prime, I rarely need a full sniper rifle. DMRs or Tiberon Prime's/Kuva Hind's Semi auto mode fills the role nicely (but I'm assumign you don't have access to those based on the question)

Other DMR/Multirole rifles I keep around: Argonak (mostly because of a Riven, but maybe?), Latron Prime (base Latron and Wraith kinda work, but not really), Stradavar Prime (base Stradavar works). With base Hind having a Semi-Auto mode, it might also work.

• 2 weeks later...

They're actually pretty different, since weapons actually classed as snipers have combo and usually some kind of scope multiplier, like crit damage.  I keep anything that's a pain to get or craft, but toss anything with a prime.  I'd toss the rubico, if it was me, since it has a prime.  I wouldn't toss the prime or the prisma tho.  I'd get 12p for slots.

Archived