Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

The credit bought one is reusable too FYI - twice as "effective" *shrug* tbh I don't see drones being a large source of income.  You can only deploy one at a time and they can get killed so you need the BP to be reusable.  It's about as P2W as buying neurodes from the market place (not that much, just speeds things up).

If it is, then it's not so bad. Still kind of questionable, but I don't have any serious objections just yet. (Partly because I don't know how effective extractors are.) That's if the free extractor is reusable.

Gah. Was hoping the Ember Prime avatar would've been available to buy. I would have -FINALLY- upgraded my avatar. I've just been using the default one and the one I got for free from some promotion a few months ago.

*shrugs* I dunno, I just don't think a little picture is worth paying money for.. but that Ember Prime avatar pic broke my frugal nature. But since I can't buy it separately, then oh well. I'll just keep this one.

Anyone have a picture of the misa syandana prime?

The one on the website is way too small for me to tell if it is worth the 90 quid because I'd basically only be buying it for the scarf and the extractor.

I wish I could buy those two seperately but hey I am sure this is the plan and no use crying over spilt milk.

I already have 11k plat from grandmaster and steam packs and I prefer to build my weapons so its likely i will never use anywhere near that much.

That's part of the fun of this game - if you don't want to grind, you can just pay to get access.  But you're paying for convenience here, nothing more.  If you've got the money, go for it.  If not, then you're not really losing anything either.

As much as I love and support DE as a company. I really wish they would explain this. Why would you pay 140$ for 3 items you can get in-game? I really want the prime resource drone + the syandana.

Here's the problem:

1) You can get 3 of them in-game.

2) We have no idea what the syandana looks/feels like in game.

3) It's 140$.

I wouldn't have a problem with this if I hadn't spent 250$ on the founder's package. Also, the fact that the only thing I'm really paying for is the syandana + the drone. The platinum is nice too.

What do you guys think?

can care less cause 4300 plat and 90 days xp/cred booster (7 days = 80 plat per booster so do the math and ya..) and i want em now so DE TAKE MEH MONIES o wait steam wont let me ARGHDSAHJ

kind of dumb to make another founder type exclusive thing, at the very least make it so we can buy them

The only thing I want is that syandana and it's locked at the highest tier... :{ Is My love for this game and hundreds of dollars already not enough DE!?

Seriously, 250 dollars for 3 Prime Exclusives... thats a Grand Master.

And then you add in a S#&$ load of cool stuff for 140$? If i knew that i would have left Lato Prime and spent 10$ less and have those new Prime Stuff. And even skip having to mindlessly farm the Void.

How much love after all we spent, if you made the pack with less platinum, and took off the boosters, you could lower the price a lot and get much more people buying. Sorry, just ridiculous.

Doesn't seem that much different than the regular market place. You're essentially paying to get non exclusive items faster, with the exception of the resource drone and syandana but I'm not crazy about them so it's nothing to me.

Edited by Haldos

As you said I'm on the fence about it, the "Exclusive" Prime Resource Drone that gives 2x the Resources I'm also slightly questioning, as the only way to get this shiny fancy Resource Drone that does S#&$ for you better is by coughing up 80$ which is... yeah. 50$ was already breaking bank for my budget when it comes to gaming.

However the main reason I don't like it all that much is because I always felt "Prime" Gear would always be the one thing we actually had to work for and put time and effort into getting... than suddenly the whole batch of Primes released in U11 is available for 80$ or 50$ for the 2 weps only. I mean honestly why suddenly make Primes available through cash grabs instead of making them the one set of items only available through work ingame? Last thing I want is for EVERYTHING to be available through $, hopefully Clan Tech isn't next...

I've got mixed feelings regarding this Prime Access.

1. The cheapest bundle is $50. I don't have a job, so I'm SOL on this front.

2. There's little to no information regarding most of what is in this. This is extremely sketchy and has put me on guard.

3. With the exception of the exclusivity of the Titan, Syandana, and the avatars, this entire promotion is about early access. I do not have a problem with this. I can wait and farm for free.

4. I would have less of an issue if Founders could simply buy the individual pieces of this, ignoring the structure of the promotion. (i.e. Founders can go in and buy the Syandana at the price DE thinks is fair, but nothing else.) This would make me feel like this is less a money grab.

5. This is a cool way to introduce new stuff to new players. They can just drop 50 - 150 bucks and get a bunch of shiny toys to play with from the get go. Conversely, that is a slap in the face to players who've been a part of the Warframe community for a long time. I've only been playing a few months and this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

From the appearances of this promotion, this is something I would attribute to EA, not Digital Extremes.

Perhaps this promotion is not a money grab as it may appear to some players and just a good idea, poorly executed.

I genuinely hope that it is a bad execution.

Also: I don't care about the Platinum, I can buy more anytime. I don't care about Ember or the Weapons, I can farm those. I don't even hate the insanely long boosters! What I hate is that the Titan, the Syandana, and the avatar stuff being completely exclusive in the highest tiers of this promotion.

This is the only problem I have with the pack. (Opinions.) It's a reusable BP and its twice as effective. Kind of unfair for the free to play players. Not conducive to a fair environment. Reusable, okay. Twice as effective, not okay.

Or just make the free to play one reusable as well. 

The Blueprint in the market is also re-usable but doesn't have Double Capacity like the Prime version in Prime Access.

You have to remember, the very first prime warframe and weapons were bought, not earned. When the first farmable primes came out many founders back then complained about primes not being a completely founder exclusive, basically the same argument you're making but switched. Now they've made it both, which is really the only compromise that can be made in that situation, with 2 added exclusives to maybe make it worth it to spend the money if you don't need the platinum at the time.

Oh looks like Meg beat me to posting the FAQ!

Meg my one question about that FAQ is that it states there will be a new prime pack when new primes are introduced (I'm assuming every major update) - it also states we cannot rebuy prime access.  Does this mean that we are grandfathered in to the new items when they are introduced or is it considered a "new" package and we will be given the option to buy it again?

The latter...Prime Access will reset with each new Prime offering.

For people saying they wanted founders to get more free stuff aside from the 8k plat and other junk, we got a free excal prime skin called Alabastar.

NOPE - that was a mistake not an awesome gesture from DE.

For people complaining about them selling cosmetics and grind shortcuts......meh.  Nobody is forcing you to buy it.

Putting the Syndana on the top tier does kind of suck though especially for GM's who plunked 250 on the barrel (esp those of us who did it in closed beta taking a huge financial risk on this game) that have little use for platinum.  I think being able to purchase the exclusive cosmetic portion of these prime packs (notice in the FAQ it states that they will be doing this for every new prime release) for a semi reasonable price (~20$ for the Syndana).  That, is about the only thing I think they should change.

EDIT:To clarify, purchase of the exclusive cosmetics should be a privilege of founders.

Edited by Relkin

I've got mixed feelings regarding this Prime Access.

1. The cheapest bundle is $50. I don't have a job, so I'm SOL on this front.

2. There's little to no information regarding most of what is in this. This is extremely sketchy and has put me on guard.

3. With the exception of the exclusivity of the Titan, Syandana, and the avatars, this entire promotion is about early access. I do not have a problem with this. I can wait and farm for free.

4. I would have less of an issue if Founders could simply buy the individual pieces of this, ignoring the structure of the promotion. (i.e. Founders can go in and buy the Syandana at the price DE thinks is fair, but nothing else.) This would make me feel like this is less a money grab.

5. This is a cool way to introduce new stuff to new players. They can just drop 50 - 150 bucks and get a bunch of shiny toys to play with from the get go. Conversely, that is a slap in the face to players who've been a part of the Warframe community for a long time. I've only been playing a few months and this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

From the appearances of this promotion, this is something I would attribute to EA, not Digital Extremes.

Perhaps this promotion is not a money grab as it may appear to some players and just a good idea, poorly executed.

I genuinely hope that it is a bad execution.

Also: I don't care about the Platinum, I can buy more anytime. I don't care about Ember or the Weapons, I can farm those. I don't even hate the insanely long boosters! What I hate is that the Titan, the Syandana, and the avatar stuff being completely exclusive in the highest tiers of this promotion.

^^This^^

Why not let founders pay for individual stuff? Haven't we earned that atleast? I'd be completely fine with just the cosmetics. Is that too much to ask?