Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

Not to be that guy, but i agree with those who say that founders should get a discount, not that i want to be constantly reminded i'm special but we have already committed a considerable amount of money and while i kind of want to buy this,  with that plus grandmasteri would have spent almost half a grand on this game, that's more than in several years of playing WoW, which just doesn't make much sense.

Not to be that guy, but i agree with those who say that founders should get a discount, not that i want to be constantly reminded i'm special but we have already committed a considerable amount of money and while i kind of want to buy this,  with that plus grandmasteri would have spent almost half a grand on this game, that's more than in several years of playing WoW, which just doesn't make much sense.

Yep.....that is a ridiculous amount of money.  Sort of makes the whole "thank you for being a founder" ring kind of hollow right?  Especially given that they'll be doing these every few months which means new exclusives every few months ect. 

Thank's for supporting the game early, couldn't have done it without you guys ;)

I see lots of people missing the point of the founder packages and this new thing. You're supporting them. What you get is just a little treat for your donation.

Most of the people want to give DE money, it is just that they don't want to pay a large sum of money for only a small thing, like the syandana or prime extractor and wish to pay a fair sum for those things.

The latter...Prime Access will reset with each new Prime offering.

So you're saying, if we buy 140$ worth of one Prime Access, we'll get 3 items (obtainable already in the void) and two items which most likely won't change, and have to buy it again when the next round comes? I'm sorry, and when I say this, I say it for most people, most of us don't have 140$ to spend every month on a game for items we can get for free. It really is a slap to the face to us founders. I'm not bashing on DE or anything, I respect you guys more than anything, or else I wouldn't have spent 350+ hours. 

Can there be a customization option of this?

I don't want:

Ember Prime (i'd like to find the pieces and put her together myself)

Avatars (the one i've got suits me just fine)

Platinum (i'll top up $50 every now and then and that holds me down fine)

Sicarus (not interested) 

I do want:

The 90 day boosters sound fun, i'd like to forma a few of my weapons and this would lessen the burden.

Prime Glaive (un-primed was a pain to build, finding the bits sounds like way too much work considering)

Prime Titan extractor sounds interesting

Wouldn't mind some Syandana

I'm probably one of the few who want this option, so c'est la vie, but i figured i'd post this here for vanities sake if anything :)

I honestly don't get the point in this thread... buy it or don't buy it. You still get what you want and just a few extras that you may or may not use, you also get some more plat which would count as a "Top up" as you said for a while if you were to get the 140$ Pack. Buy it or don't honestly.

Edited by EinRyu

I see lots of people missing the point of the founder packages and this new thing. You're supporting them. What you get is just a little treat for your donation.

Nah, this isn't a founder support thing.  This is a shortcut pack with exlusives plain and simple.  It's like a premium account analog you find in many F2P hybrid games except a hell of a lot more expensive for significantly less content.  

Yes, we are founders, yes we supported and believed in them.  They're not running a charity though and neither are we so that altruistic poop can go right out the door thank you very much.  We are their investors, we expect certain returns down the road for that investment beyond what everybody else gets (in case you decide to chalk it purely up to the content they implement) that didn't invest early got plain and simple. 

We're not asking for handouts, what we are asking for is the privilege to purchase exclusives from these post founder packs at a reasonable price - not the plat, not the in-game obtainable content - just the exclusives.

Edited by Relkin

I honestly don't get the point in this thread... buy it or don't buy it. You still get what you want and just a few extras that you may or may not use, you also get some more plat which would count as a "Top up" as you said for a while if you were to get the 140$ Pack. Buy it or don't honestly.

How it possible to "not use" for example Ember Prime. You just get it with package. And all parts hunt lost meaning. Its like willingly thowing away major and fun part of the game. Including in package Ember, Sicarus and Glave have so strong negative value for me - It almost outwaight positive parts of package.

$140 for things i don't want seems a bit backwards to me :/

if i stop playing warframe tomorrow, i don't want $100 of money sitting around gathering dust.

Price discrimination is what its called in economics. more or less, im taking liberties with the definition but, hey ;)

Well what would you like them to do? Make it all pay to win so nothing expires and people stop complaining? 

All I want is the option to buy the cosmetics without dolling out 140 dollars every time a new prime is released. I've already given plenty to DE so I'm not being greedy. Since DE knows how much we've given to them why not let us pick and choose. I mean is that so wrong? I've spent more on this game than I have ever spent on another. That's saying something so tell me why it's so wrong to ask for the option to buy items that don't hurt anyone else without a bunch of stuff I can get in game easily or already have plenty of?! And when did I say anything about pay to win? Also that really doesn't even make sense in this game considering it's primarily a PvE game.

I have one simple response to Prime Acess. I don't need Early Acess stuff since i will end up getting more from your game if i farm all that stuff for myself anyways. So Ember Prime, Sicarus Prime and Glaive Prime?... Yeah, sorry, but i actually enjoy the feeling of earning such weaponry. Buying just weapons and Warframe just always made me feel dirty (Yes, this includes Excal Prime and Skana Prime... Hell, my Skana Prime is still lvl9, and i'm from February!) 

Seriously, the presence of the Warframe and weaponry REALLY makes feel bad. It's like the UMvC3 character pack that offered you a 8-character pack of which you only wanted 2 of. The presence of the other 6 character ended up preventing me from buying the whole pack in the end. Which means no revenue from it, when they could have separated each character and ended up with at least SOME revenue out of me, even if i ended up paying more for the individual character. But enough about UMvC3, we're talking about Warframe.

I want to buy the "Exclusive" stuff separately. I WILL spend real money (and not my stored up Platinum) on such items as the Titan Extractor Prime and the Syandana, generating revenue for your game. (I was looking for an excuse to give you guys some money anyways, been a while since i didn't threw some money your way XD.) I'd just like you not to lock such rewards behind such a huge paywall of items of which i will get no value of.

I want to buy the "Exclusive" stuff separately. I WILL spend real money (and not my stored up Platinum) on such items as the Titan Extractor Prime and the Syandana, generating revenue for your game.... I'd just like you not to lock such rewards behind such a huge paywall of items of which i will get no value of.

^Thread in a nutshell if you are really too lazy to read the entire thing thus so far and think pretty much most of us agree on this point.

Okay, I don't normally throw opinions out, or try to weigh in on things, but with this, I feel the need to speak out..

Reading the opinions and such up till now, I have to agree with these packages being a slap in the face to those of us who invested significant amounts already. I don't mean founders specifically, but anyone who bought any of the previous large platinum packages before now too. I don't feel founders should get special discounts or packgages unique to them with these sorts of things either, we got our package after all.
In my own case, if I were to buy the highest package, it would put me at even more platinum than the grandmaster package left me with. (10,400+) The platinum I already bought was more than I would ever really need from how I choose to play the game.
FYI, how I play, and I feel a fair amount of other players do too, is I prefer to earn frames and weapons by playing the game. I purchased my founder package initially to get platinum for weapon/frame slots and excal prime. I upgraded it to get onto the design council because I liked how the game was going, and then upgraded it again purely to support DE. Now however, I'm presented with the dilemma of either not being able to play the game as I've chosen, or lose out on exclusive content.
I'm not against the idea of a prime early access to give those that want it access to new prime stuffs, and platinum. In fact I think it's a good method for DE to continue getting income from the game through its lifetime. I was one of the ones who fully expected frost prime to be available for platinum when it was going to come out. What I object to is the combination of making people have to buy the early access for these primes in order to get the exclusive content. Additionally. if there was a reasonably priced package that simply had the exclusives, even if it included the platinum I don't need(depending on amount), or boosters I don't want, I probably would have bought it without more than a sigh or brief internal debate over the value, as the packages currently stand, I doubt I'll be investing in them.

Long story short: I feel there should be an package option geared towards those of us who prefer to earn things through playing the game, but still want the exclusive content, and if this is going to be a regular thing with new releases, then it might help keep players around and loyal to/enthusiastic about the game.

For newer players this is a good alternative to the founders packs, but most seasoned players are only interested in the exclusive gear.  At a 140$ price point no founder is gonna buy that unless they really want those exclusives, or they already spent their huge stack of platinum.  Like many users have stated, it feels like a slap on the face, after paying to be a founder and have exclusive items locked behind another pay wall.  

Edited by Dart333

Ok... So should i remove my post from there? X__X

No, but for the really lazy people who just skip to the end. It shouldn't be removed as you are expressing your opinion and I'm only taking out the part that most of us here agree on.

Also, my post will be useless if this continues for a while.

Edited by TheNoobishNub

All I want is the option to buy the cosmetics without dolling out 140 dollars every time a new prime is released. I've already given plenty to DE so I'm not being greedy. Since DE knows how much we've given to them why not let us pick and choose. I mean is that so wrong? I've spent more on this game than I have ever spent on another. That's saying something so tell me why it's so wrong to ask for the option to buy items that don't hurt anyone else without a bunch of stuff I can get in game easily or already have plenty of?! And when did I say anything about pay to win? Also that really doesn't even make sense in this game considering it's primarily a PvE game.

I see where you're coming from, so stop biting so hard. As for the pay to win, I was actually talking about if they maybe made it like where you can pay to fully max out mods and weapons/frames, while everyone else has to grind it out. 

A scaled down price to those who helped the game and DE with money should be allowed the exclusives/minor plat at a lower cost. Why not add the exclusives with minor plat at $50 im willing to spend that every two-three months easy but not $140 for in game items that would make me feel bad for buying then the exclusives.

I see where you're coming from, so stop biting so hard. As for the pay to win, I was actually talking about if they maybe made it like where you can pay to fully max out mods and weapons/frames, while everyone else has to grind it out. 

Soooo... We're cool?