Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This game makes no sense to me sometimes missions are unnecessarily unclear and unfun

RitualMurderers

Question

Trying to do the Triton mission on Neptune.

I get to the prison and kill the wardens then the alarm goes off of its own accord. Nothing near me no one to set it off. I tried it 4 times now, if I try to be stealthy and not kill wardens it goes off if i kill them in a few hits before than can do anything or get to a console the alarm goes off

what do you want me to do here? No indication of what i am doing wrong

This game doesnt explain a damn thing. 

25 answers to this question

Did you see a message saying Killed All Wardens on your screen, their is 4 of them in the Prison, I just run the mission to look.

Going through the lasers at the front will auto trip alarm as well, once upon a time you could turn them off by the console on the top level at the back, it's broken.

Quick way of doing it is to go down the hole in the floor on the left just before the hack door, go to the left or right and at the back drop down to the lower level you should see an active door and you can access the prisoner once you go along and up through the hole to gain access to the prison chamber without any Wardens, DE might fix it one day.

Another thing to note when doing a Sortie the alarms will auto trigger regardless it's part of the sortie parameters.

Edit:
To add if the prisoner goes down and you're close enough to extraction you don't need to revive them it will complete the mission once you make it into extraction area solo if the prisoners timer to revive is still running.

7 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Yeah you move a fair way doing it that way, though a lot of the time I just move like a normal warframe and hit cloak if taking damage or where I need to be at then cloak even in SP.

Those two panels you hack turn off the wave sheet lazers covering the console, first one the top does the top one and the bottom console does the bottom one, they wave back and forth over the console, you can time it just right at times and get in the middle of them, if you press Y.

That Grineer vault I'm talking about is one of the ones in rotation on Sedna Kelpie where it gives the max affinity in the star chart for hacking a vault no alarms.

You can tell I've not visited Sedna in aaaages can't you? xD I do that too, Bullet Jump then Instant Recast (on PS4 if you press R1 it auto-casts your last-used Ability) as she jumps and we can aim-glide without breaking Prowl too so all good stuff

15 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

You explained it great as I never noticed when doing it myself, I had Ivara out in Zariman yesterday funny thing.

Your vault I don't recall outside Earth but I know the one you mean. There's a strange additional terminal with: "Disable Security" written on the tip when close enough. I always use it even though I still can't figure out it's purpose :p

Yeah you move a fair way doing it that way, though a lot of the time I just move like a normal warframe and hit cloak if taking damage or where I need to be at then cloak even in SP.

Those two panels you hack turn off the wave sheet lazers covering the console, first one the top does the top one and the bottom console does the bottom one, they wave back and forth over the console, you can time it just right at times and get in the middle of them, if you press Y.

That Grineer vault I'm talking about is one of the ones in rotation on Sedna Kelpie where it gives the max affinity in the star chart for hacking a vault no alarms.

11 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Good thing about Ivara yes she is slower than other frames but players can sort of bullet jump in a fashion by not hitting crouch but still hitting the other keys and doing a speed roll in the air rinse and repeat, if you get it right you fling yourself a fair way quite fast, rather than just rolling, it's like a fast mid air jump roll sort of, hard to explain it's just muscle memory so I'm crap at explaining it. :facepalm:

You explained it great as I never noticed when doing it myself, I had Ivara out in Zariman yesterday funny thing.

Your vault I don't recall outside Earth but I know the one you mean. There's a strange additional terminal with: "Disable Security" written on the tip when close enough. I always use it even though I still can't figure out it's purpose :p

13 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

except- Limbo gets nerfed almost every new update, you cannot always use skills when inside the Rift and the Rift itself you can be shot through some have noted. The safer option for newer folk is Wukong, much as I loathe him- they just need to join or be in; a Clan with Tenno Lab Research as Cloudwalker cheezes too much. My personal frame for Spy is Infiltrator aka Ninja Ivara as mine has 47% increased move speed in one config, 56% in another dependent on Abil Strength and ignores lasers plus cloaks your companions too. Yes, yes she does lose bullet jump but really you'd not notice it that much. Thing is my Ivara is also way out of OP's reach unless they have great friends to help them fast

Good thing about Ivara yes she is slower than other frames but players can sort of bullet jump in a fashion by not hitting crouch but still hitting the other keys and doing a speed roll in the air rinse and repeat, if you get it right you fling yourself a fair way quite fast, rather than just rolling, it's like a fast mid air jump roll sort of, hard to explain it's just muscle memory so I'm crap at explaining it. :facepalm:

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

this is a Corpus vault, not Grineer. no wonder why your description was confusing me a bit.

It is a Grineer vault I'm talking about.

When you first open the door you go up and right into the braided looking pipe as you exit it you turn left, hack first console above where you can look down into the vault, then you turn around go to another braid pipe to the left at the back zip across above drones, drop down hole hack second console, go into braided pipe and up, scoot behind the drone and up along the walkway and to the right, that's the last console that is looking directly at the door below in front of you, if fissure enemies spawn into the vault after that door is hacked it slams shut, I've been doing spy runs by the thousands for years, you get to know all the different ways in but with this vault it's pretty straight forward. 

2 hours ago, Mazifet said:

limbo is really good for spy as his rift allows him to ignore laser barriers, and popping a max range cataclysm will destroy all security cameras in the area.

although since you are a newer player you probably don't have access to corrupted mods and limbo himself, so my best advice would be just take your time, as rushing through the mission can easily set off an alarm via a security camera, laser barrier, or an enemy seeing you.

except- Limbo gets nerfed almost every new update, you cannot always use skills when inside the Rift and the Rift itself you can be shot through some have noted. The safer option for newer folk is Wukong, much as I loathe him- they just need to join or be in; a Clan with Tenno Lab Research as Cloudwalker cheezes too much. My personal frame for Spy is Infiltrator aka Ninja Ivara as mine has 47% increased move speed in one config, 56% in another dependent on Abil Strength and ignores lasers plus cloaks your companions too. Yes, yes she does lose bullet jump but really you'd not notice it that much. Thing is my Ivara is also way out of OP's reach unless they have great friends to help them fast

limbo is really good for spy as his rift allows him to ignore laser barriers, and popping a max range cataclysm will destroy all security cameras in the area.

although since you are a newer player you probably don't have access to corrupted mods and limbo himself, so my best advice would be just take your time, as rushing through the mission can easily set off an alarm via a security camera, laser barrier, or an enemy seeing you.

57 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I feel your pain so so much here as even with my full-ninja Ivara it happens and frustrates to no end. The Relics always pick a 60/60 mod Spy like the sadists at DE just know we're trying to score a perfect and pow! rob us totally.

They can screw up a Cosmos Specter (Cosmic? Never recall which xD) as we must rescue the target without tripping alarms which is precisely when they spawn in....

The good thing about that one Grineer vault I mentioned is if you haven't opened the last door yet you can't be locked out, if you open the door as they spawn the door slams shut and no way to open it, it's a lost vault altogether.

6 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

They still spawn into Grineer and some Corpus spy vaults being doing it for years, it's only one that is annoying though, from the 1000's of Spy vault runs, the Grineer vault where you normally need to turn of the two wave laser fields or time them well to stand in the middle spot, (or be a full stealth Ivara) if I'm doing that vault the enemies pop in as soon as I open the outer door, I'm a stickler for no alarms triggered, it's just me.

Other vaults it seems to be fine, I just roll with it when they pop in.

I feel your pain so so much here as even with my full-ninja Ivara it happens and frustrates to no end. The Relics always pick a 60/60 mod Spy like the sadists at DE just know we're trying to score a perfect and pow! rob us totally.

They can screw up a Cosmos Specter (Cosmic? Never recall which xD) as we must rescue the target without tripping alarms which is precisely when they spawn in....

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

that's because nobody turns off the alarm before entering the vault; corrupted enemies don't "spawn" in spy vaults (at least, they're not supposed to anymore)

They still spawn into Grineer and some Corpus spy vaults being doing it for years, it's only one that is annoying though, from the 1000's of Spy vault runs, the Grineer vault where you normally need to turn of the two wave laser fields or time them well to stand in the middle spot, (or be a full stealth Ivara) if I'm doing that vault the enemies pop in as soon as I open the outer door, I'm a stickler for no alarms triggered, it's just me.

Other vaults it seems to be fine, I just roll with it when they pop in.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

that's because nobody turns off the alarm before entering the vault; corrupted enemies don't "spawn" in spy vaults (at least, they're not supposed to anymore)

I've had Ivara in Prowl, merrily stalking through picking off enemies unseen; playing Solo so no other player spoils it. All good I've had 2 perfect data steals and then as I'm midway through the third; "Alarms?! Tenno they're trying to destroy the data!" I still have around 350 Energy thanks to build and Infiltrate for about 40% movement speed; no enemy in the Vault... except the pack of Corrupted that just spawned in or ran into the Vault just after- tripping the alarms.

Even now they still do this on regular missions and sometimes even Syndicate Assassin packs on spawn will trip them too. Major pain in the butt

Just now, (PSN)Claudija said:

I use Infiltrate Ivara for those and Spy as she walks through lasers, mine kinda jogs heh. Focus on the rescue first if using any other frame as once you have them the "Alarms not triggered" reward point was already added giving you 2/3 and for say the Cosmic Specter (Cosmos... something like that) you already have a 50/50 chance of getting a blueprint for one.

Once your target is free; run just run for the Extraction only stopping to rez them if they go down as they will teleport right next to you every single time.

Never do Fissures as Rescue as on spawn Corrupted enemies will automatically trigger alarms which frustrates me personally every time; they ruin Spy Fissures too

to clarify- Specter blueprints are scored like this:

Alarms triggered -1 point

All Wardens killed +1 point

I think getting the target safely out also counts as a point though usually their death is Mission Failure.

3 points maximum that you can get and almost guarantees if not 100% guarantees the best Specter blueprint from the mission.

I use Infiltrate Ivara for those and Spy as she walks through lasers, mine kinda jogs heh. Focus on the rescue first if using any other frame as once you have them the "Alarms not triggered" reward point was already added giving you 2/3 and for say the Cosmic Specter (Cosmos... something like that) you already have a 50/50 chance of getting a blueprint for one.

Once your target is free; run just run for the Extraction only stopping to rez them if they go down as they will teleport right next to you every single time.

Never do Fissures as Rescue as on spawn Corrupted enemies will automatically trigger alarms which frustrates me personally every time; they ruin Spy Fissures too

Sometimes the alarm will go off no matter what as @Slayer-. said. But in those instances, Lotus specifically tells you "The enemy is on high alert, blah blah blah". You just have to have learned that prison tile from the normal missions so that you can get there quickly and let the rescue person out. If you want to kill all the wardens to make your specter BP reward better, you can still do that after setting the person free. Though any mission where the alarm is automatic is going to be a higher level mission with a higher level BP to begin with.

1 minute ago, RitualMurderers said:

I did complete it finally on my 5th try but its really frustrating to have to load out load back in and run all the way there and not know what i did wrong. I hate it

Can be frustrating at times when you're still learning the different ways some missions can be accomplished.

I'd say you may have missed a warden or tripped the lazer, it's all a learning curb. I know when I first started it was a total mind bending experience redoing missions and learning to work them out. ha I'm still learning.

Glad it could help.

Also Welcome to the game, remember it's not a race to the finish line take the time to explore and have fun while playing. 

25 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Did you see a message saying Killed All Wardens on your screen, their is 4 of them in the Prison, I just run the mission to look.

Going through the lasers at the front will auto trip alarm as well, once upon a time you could turn them off by the console on the top level at the back, it's broken.

Quick way of doing it is to go down the hole in the floor on the left just before the hack door, go to the left or right and at the back drop down to the lower level you should see an active door and you can access the prisoner once you go along and up through the hole to gain access to the prison chamber without any Wardens, DE might fix it one day.

Another thing to note when doing a Sortie the alarms will auto trigger regardless it's part of the sortie parameters.

Edit:
To add if the prisoner goes down and you're close enough to extraction you don't need to revive them it will complete the mission once you make it into extraction area solo if the prisoners timer to revive is still running.

I did complete it finally on my 5th try but its really frustrating to have to load out load back in and run all the way there and not know what i did wrong. I hate it

Archived