Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SP Interception

SpiritTeA

I don’t think that Eximus overguard killed CC frames, but it DOES made solo SP interceptions a nightmare! When there numerous eximus swarming the map and going right to capture points, and you can’t do anything, that’s disgusting. Why Survivals doesn’t have such Eximuses spawn rates from 0 minute like Interceptions?  Tune down 1 rank Eximus spawn on interception a lot, or make them ignoring nodes(not re-capturing it).

22 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

you can’t do anything, that’s disgusting

Warframe is a toolbox game. You are presented with problems and you task is to aquire frames and weapons to solve those problems. I agree that overguard has made CC focused frames less versatile, but imho it has also made the game better overall. Don't forget DE said they don't balance around SP. If you cannot complete SP interception with a certain frame, just use a different one. Not all gear is suppose to solve all problems. It's your job as a player to choose a correct tool for the job.

8 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Warframe is a toolbox game. You are presented with problems and you task is to aquire frames and weapons to solve those problems. I agree that overguard has made CC focused frames less versatile, but imho it has also made the game better overall. Don't forget DE said they don't balance around SP. If you cannot complete SP interception with a certain frame, just use a different one. Not all gear is suppose to solve all problems. It's your job as a player to choose a correct tool for the job.

I’ve never said Overguard is a problem. And I’m using specific frames for interception, it’s just none of CC frames is capable of dealing with swarm of eximuses capturing nodes.

When I solo SP Interception, I drop an Oberon specter at the first captured point and command it to stay there while I go capture the rest. He has a radiation-based weapon (i.e. Arca Plasmor) to increase the chances to cause rad proc.

Oberon's radiation-based abilities (1,2 and 4) will end up making enemies fight each other, delaying the capture of his point. Overguard Eximus units will be protected from the proc but they may still attack or be hindered by regular enemies which have rad proc on them, delaying them from capturing their targeted point. Not 100% guarantee but still better than 0% of not having anything protecting that point.

A Nyx specter could work too I assume but I never tried that. I don't know how frequent they use the Chaos ability.

Use operator Void dash to travel between capture points, much faster than running. You'll need it as there are times when 2-3 points are being captured at the same time giving you a 5 second window to kill all the enemies at those consoles.

But I don't use a CC frame in SP Interception anymore when playing solo.  Their effectiveness has been drastically reduced for such a task (especially when there are eximus nullifier units involved! ).  I use a nuker frame and rely on specters for CC if needed. 

1 hour ago, SpiritTeA said:

I’ve never said Overguard is a problem.

I've never said you said overguard is a problem.

1 hour ago, SpiritTeA said:

none of CC frames is capable of dealing with swarm of eximuses capturing nodes.

Not with their abilities. So either a nuke/dps frame is a solution. Or a good gun. Or some cheese.

48 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I've never said you said overguard is a problem.

Not with their abilities. So either a nuke/dps frame is a solution. Or a good gun. Or some cheese.

The best solution is strip overguard and than CC them. Even with on Call crew and Khal team deployed, they can’t reliably kill Eximus , because they’re bugging while “Hold Position”.

Killing is also pretty pointlessly. As you killed eximus, went on capturing node and than new one respawned and recaptured node while you were on other end of map. Eximus spawn in cancer in SP Interception 1 round. You getting 2 eximus first 5 minutes on survival, but I can kill over 10 eximuses for 1 round of interception. It’s kinda good thing if you want to farm, but if you want to complete that terrible starchart mission it will be pointless pain.

So idk how to feel about it- on 1 hand it's one of the few ways to farm riven slivers .
On another one- it can feel a bit too much. And spawning for them with a timer cooldown can be a way out.
Killed 1 eximus- 30-40 sec cd solo and reduced by 5 sec for each player or something.

Rn it's if you don't want to deal with them- stripping them from an overguard and control until the end of the round.

But mb use an easier solution- eximus cannot capture a point- or 1 at a time max?  They will still annoy you- but there won't be a case,
where 4 of them capture a different one.

to be fair, solo SP interception is probably the hardest solo content in the game as it is exceptionally more difficult compared to any other mission type. there's also not that much cheese, as 4 objectives are constantly under attack, while in other game modes its just 1 or 0 objectives that are being swarmed. Especially on maps where the 4 points are very far apart and don't have great LoS, like void interception, it can become really difficult. not because the enemies are too strong but because of the sheer quantity that's running down the points.

it's important to point out though, that enemies are generally focused on a single point, with a few enemies now and then trying to capture the other 3 points. so having 2 players, one for the main defense, the other defending point #2 #3 and #4, is already infinitely easier.

but all that is fine to be in the game. there's no reason to clear those missions in the first place, aside from some truly pitiful affinity. and if you really need that, just ask in recruitment chat for help and constantly try to public matchmake into it. or wait for a steel path daily to hit that node and get it done immediatly.

• Enemies will try to re-capture towers in the order they were taken by the players, making them predictable.
    • However they will sometimes try to take another tower if the targeted tower couldn't be recaptured for a long period of time.
    • Players can track which tower is being recaptured by looking at the blinking tower letters in the top left of the HUD.
  • Solo players can easily complete interception missions, with any Warframe, by focusing on capturing new towers instead of trying to protect captured ones. Warframe's parkour and movement speed will usually allow to capture three towers before the enemies can recapture the first one.

Interception | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

Make of this information what you will. I have not tried SP Interception solo yet because I just do not like Interception solo in general. 

On 2022-12-06 at 3:07 AM, SpiritTeA said:

I don’t think that Eximus overguard killed CC frames, but it DOES made solo SP interceptions a nightmare! When there numerous eximus swarming the map and going right to capture points, and you can’t do anything, that’s disgusting. Why Survivals doesn’t have such Eximuses spawn rates from 0 minute like Interceptions?  Tune down 1 rank Eximus spawn on interception a lot, or make them ignoring nodes(not re-capturing it).

Yeah theres def issues with the way eximus work against cc frames. Especially when they spawn so commonly... i get people like them, i love them, but it gets stupid sometimes 

If i could change them Id make most (so not all) of them not scale.

They will increase with starting level but thats it. They dont need to be dealing 1 shot damage and be Sponges when they can shoot you from all directions and easily get to objectives with little ways to counter them. 1 enemy can spawn in every few minutes or so who is super charged and scaled by maybe +50% current enemy levels, or 5 enemies who are grouped up, but thats it. Every few minutes is key here to not overwhelm the player.

Major Plus Side: Such a change means that it puts less stress on shield gating as these enemies wouldnt be able to always 1 shot you. This means damage reduction and even health would have more use in high level gameplay against those non cc'd enemies dealing heavy damage buy not enough to down you instantly

Minor Plus Side: Theyre easier to kill, so cc frames getting done dirty can have a way to do them dirty right back. Making their added stress more satisfying than stressful. This is the same common logic in most games with hordes where enemies who are extremely fast or hard to counter are weak (outside of mini bosses/big bosses). Theyre usually really really weak to balance it all out.

Teleporting Grineer Butcher is actually an example of it. Little blade hard hit you with but packs a punch. His health low to get him off your behind faster. If it was a super tanky enemy with a 1 shot toxin + slash shotgun teleporting behind you, stressful yes but its not much fun. It killing you would be unfair

Down Side? I dont think there really is one. The current state of play would still be possible with this change, as all youd have to do is trade health and shield mods for more power and those 1 shot threats would come back to life for most warframes, especially frames like Banshee. And thats how modding should work right? You put survival mods on if you want less hazerdous enviornment, and less surv mods if you want more. So yeah

Everybody wins (more people win actually) instead of what we have now.

Archived