Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave, Conservation and Venus Bounty Hunter shouldn't show up in the same week.

so the Nightwave Bonties

Conservation -5 perfect capures in vallis

Venus Bounty Hunder  -5 vallis bounties

Am I the only seeing this as basically an invitation for people to: Go Public Matchmaking for bounties and leech while they do conservation instead of helping the squad with the bounty?

DE is just encouraging bad behavior when they put both of these in NW the same week.

Leeching - probably but in all honesty I won't be bothering with the 5 bounties on Venus.... Nightwave already feels like 'weekly chores' to me and I only do the quick stuff or things I was intending to do anyway....

I wouldn't bother at all but I want the umbra forma which is deliberately stuck at the end of the rewards... How I wish there was a store where I could just buy what I want instead of reward tiers filled with repeated items that just give me credits that I only spend on kuva/potatoes because I have everything else.

I think the reason DE do this is to sort of remind people of these content islands and try to encourage them to play around them some more, even if the loot there is no longer useful to them.

While i understand your argument why these 2 shouldn't show up (also applies to mining) i honestly never experienced this going badly.
What i'm saying is: our 4 player teams are already OP enough that the biggest balance concern in the game is that someone hogs all the gameplay while others are left to basically AFK and watch the explosions. 1-2 people going on side-quest adventures isn't making any weather as far as i can see. If anything - that's more game left to play for the 2 guys that actually do the bounties.

It's not like those bounties are even hard. Not until you hit Tier 4 or 5 at least. Most probably do the nightwave on Tier 1-3 and in those you can basically solo them, save for few exceptions like stealing supplies.

Well its 2 end stick.

If you want to avoid the leechers/afkers you make invite only squad, with freinds or via recruit chat.

If you go public its the price you pay.

They should spice up the Challenges and throw in do 5 diff bounties solo or while alone (similar to some riven challenges), but for some it be difficult to pull off.

Why is this an issue?

If one player does the 5 perfect captures, 3 others get the benefits of not having to bother doing them and complete that part of NW during some other content. I've actually done this exact same thing in invite/friend only missions with some friends, simply because it saves both parties time.

I do the same with "complete 10 nightmare/syndicate missions" when there is also a "complete 3 XXXX missions".

I do most things in solo mode anyway so I might be missing some of the issues. There aren't any objectives that require all squad members to start them in open-worlds the last time I checked.

I get that you do not like having people walking around randomly like lemmings, but that isn't something related to NW. Just play non-public (invite/friends/solo) and you shouldn't have the issue you've mentioned.

15 hours ago, Quimoth said:

Why is this an issue?

If one player does the 5 perfect captures, 3 others get the benefits of not having to bother doing them and complete that part of NW during some other content

In an ideal world but last I checked (and to be fair this was on deimos) you need to be within a certain range (affinity I believe) for the capture to register on another user, or at least I didn't register a capture when I was at the edge of the map while clan mate was in the middle.  

Locations don't always match up for that ideal situation of double duty....

16 hours ago, Quimoth said:

Why is this an issue?

If one player does the 5 perfect captures, 3 others get the benefits of not having to bother doing them and complete that part of NW during some other content.

Not true. Tried it once this week and once the other week.

On 2023-01-09 at 10:08 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

so the Nightwave Bonties

Conservation -5 perfect capures in vallis

Venus Bounty Hunder  -5 vallis bounties

Am I the only seeing this as basically an invitation for people to: Go Public Matchmaking for bounties and leech while they do conservation instead of helping the squad with the bounty?

DE is just encouraging bad behavior when they put both of these in NW the same week.

It's comments like these that make me realise just how diverse the playerbase is. It honestly sounds like you're imagining a problem, one that doesn't actually exist. DE is encouraging cooperation.

When I see these two I think "awesome, I can bring some friends and we knock these over at the same time (noting we have to be close to get credit for the conservation)". Even if I do them solo, I still think it's a much better idea to have open-world NW acts for the same location, rather than mix-and-match and getting "5 PoE bounties" and "OV conservation" in the same week.

On 2023-01-10 at 1:16 AM, LSG501 said:

In an ideal world but last I checked (and to be fair this was on deimos) you need to be within a certain range (affinity I believe) for the capture to register on another user, or at least I didn't register a capture when I was at the edge of the map while clan mate was in the middle.  

Locations don't always match up for that ideal situation of double duty....

This doesn't change much, it just means that your public bounties are like most of the public bounties. A big mess where half the squad isn't even doing the bounty out of boredom or because others are moving to fast between objectives for them to follow.

I just don't get why OP thinks having these 2 NW missions coinciding makes any significant difference on public bounties.

Oh and hypothetically you could do:

1. st bounty, player A does captures
  2. nd bounty, player B does captures
  3. rd bounty, player C does captures
  4. th bounty, player D does captures
  5. th bounty, we all happy.

TL;DR; don't cry when public squads are a mess, we all know that is the case regardless of NW missions.

11 hours ago, Quimoth said:

Oh and hypothetically you could do:

1. st bounty, player A does captures
  2. nd bounty, player B does captures
  3. rd bounty, player C does captures
  4. th bounty, player D does captures
  5. th bounty, we all happy.

TL;DR; don't cry when public squads are a mess, we all know that is the case regardless of NW missions.

"Hypothetically", you just set up a premade squad in your example, not a public squad, completely nullifying your tldr.

22 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

"Hypothetically", you just set up a premade squad in your example, not a public squad, completely nullifying your tldr.

not really, because i state that NW is not the cause or reason for public squads being a mess.

Also, occasionally I do enjoy public squads where people socialize and help each other out. You just got to ask and if the response isn't there or is negative that is just fine. I don't like the idea people have of dictator-frame sometimes. I can do all content solo or with friends when I really do not want another random to mess with it, NW missions or not sometimes random people just have different interests.

Archived