Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos Fishing Help

KernelWizard

Hello, so lately I've been getting into Deimos fishing and trying to get a lot of the fishing trophies there. I've been trying to fish Chondricord and Vitreospina for a couple of days now, throw in vome residues and went to the caves with glowing auras over the water and whatnot, but I still can't seem to find them much. Am I doing something wrong/ is there a recommendation for deimos fishing? Also my fortuna spear can't penetrate the water, do I need a deimos spear? I'm also interested in finding more rare fish like myxostomata.

49 minutes ago, KernelWizard said:

Also my fortuna spear can't penetrate the water, do I need a deimos spear?

I see you asking for help quite often on the forums, that's fine & all, but for once I just want to say, look for the answer yourself

If you think you need a new spear, go look one, where's the fun if everyone is always telling how to do everything?

you need a Deimos spear to pierce the Exocrine (infested goo water), and the rarest fish need Processed residues as bait. 

7 hours ago, -Krism- said:

where's the fun if everyone is always telling how to do everything?

to be fair, this game isn't exactly helpful when it comes to explaining how its systems work: ask anyone who's played warframe for any length of time and they'll tell you it pays to have another tab open on the wiki, or another device nearby, plus he's still got to actually go and grind for the stuff he needs: if he's being carried, that's different of course, but if not, then if they guy's gonna farm, the least people can do is tell him where to farm and let him get on with it. I know if I were a new player with questions I'd want answers.

You should get the deimos spear , it makes things easier as you need it to actually hit through the "water"

It can be rather annoying to find the right spots , but there are usually specific regions where you can find the specific fish , you may need to look it up on the wiki cause i don't remember right now (i did spend a few hours fishing but a long time ago)

There is also the whole vome / fass cycle to worry about as the type of fish that appear changes.

Read up on everything.

In warframe, you never click a menu, start a quest or touch anything before you read up first. This means grinding, cosmetics items, mods, weapons, boss fights - anything and everything.

For abilities for example, certain abilities work on "certain bosses". Vanguard enemies will disable most but not all warframe abilities.

Meaning the rules change with no consistency.

Then most grinds have cheat babushka grinds inside those grinds.

Planet-grinds, here under fishing and mining have the added hidden quadruple grinds. So you need to unlock spears through factions, you need to unlock bait and in some cases craft it, fish are location specific and day-night cycle locked.

So before you even click on the deimos map, you have already googled 'name of fish', 'name of fish problems' and read the wiki.

When the grind was installed, people first had to figure out all the ways it tries to stall you - where in a perfect scenario you could be searching for an item indefinitely not knowing you need bait or the night cycle and so on.

Their job is to waste as much as your time as possible by means of artificial grind. Your job is to know that and read up on the traps before you touch anything.

13 hours ago, -Krism- said:

I see you asking for help quite often on the forums, that's fine & all, but for once I just want to say, look for the answer yourself

If you think you need a new spear, go look one, where's the fun if everyone is always telling how to do everything?

No

Also thanks everyone! Damn I guess maybe I should grab some bait/ pheromones things too. People seem to talk about Deimos fishing in general quite less than Fortuna one (and I mainly got to do Fortuna's only because of Nightwave lmao). I guess I'll just go blindly into this one until I caught something lmao, I already got around 3 fish trophies that I was planning on getting while trying to catch Condricord and Vitreospina hahah. 

10 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

to be fair, this game isn't exactly helpful when it comes to explaining how its systems work

I don't disagree, but if OP has come to Deimos, that means they've done the plains & the vallis, it works exactly the same with an open map & a hub-town; from what I can tell, OP didn't even try to look around Necralisk, instantly ask for the answer instead of looking around the hub for 30 seconds

Archived