Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buffing Shade's Precepts before Shade Prime

Duality52

With Shade Prime officially confirmed, there was a minor buff to Ambush in preparation. This felt underwhelming compared to Dethcube's Vaporize being buffed before Atlas Prime Access (Oct 2019).

• Ghost

Remove the condition of removing the invisibility upon attacking or staying too far away from the enemy that triggered the precept. Instead, at max rank the precept will grant 10 seconds of invisibility and cooldown.

• Ambush

Decloaking near enemies will stagger and debuff them with a 50% damage vulnerability. In other words, the opposite of Ash's Smokescreen when used near enemies.

Thoughts?

The invis mod on shade is and has been one of the dumbest things to ever exist in warframe.   

My sentinel will make me completely visible to all enemies until an enemy is 2 feet from my face at which point he will make me invisible????  WTF lol.   SOOooooooo helpful!!!!!!!!!   

"Hey bob you see that tenno coming through that door 40 meters away??   Yeah Fred I see him..  Bob you reckon we should start shooting at him or wait a few seconds for him to stop crouch walking towards us lol?   We have orders from the queens Fred,  start blasting...we can laugh at him while he is dieing"

How about.... my sentinel makes me completely invisible to  enemies until an enemy is within 5-10 meters at which point I lose invisibility....... OMG it would be like having a sentinel whose purpose is to help with stealth...

15 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

The invis mod on shade is and has been one of the dumbest things to ever exist in warframe.   

My sentinel will make me completely visible to all enemies until an enemy is 2 feet from my face at which point he will make me invisible????  WTF lol.   SOOooooooo helpful!!!!!!!!!   

"Hey bob you see that tenno coming through that door 40 meters away??   Yeah Fred I see him..  Bob you reckon we should start shooting at him or wait a few seconds for him to stop crouch walking towards us lol?   We have orders from the queens Fred,  start blasting...we can laugh at him while he is dieing"

How about.... my sentinel makes me completely invisible to  enemies until an enemy is within 5-10 meters at which point I lose invisibility....... OMG it would be like having a sentinel whose purpose is to help with stealth...

The idea is pretty good but implementation is horrible.

First it's time when it activates and cooldown makes it hard to mix attack & stealth. When I've been trying it years ago I've attacked at the same time Shade starts cloaking me. That deactivates cloaks

Then reading wiki there are many condition that deactivates cloak:

- Jumping will not deactivate the cloak. However, double-jumping does deactivate the cloak.

- Using the Codex Scanner will deactivate the cloak.

- Cloak will dissipate if you deal any damage with weapons and Mod effects (Such as  Heavy Impact), with exception of offensive Warframe abilities.

Then there is cooldown:

- Has a ~8-second cooldown after leaving any kind of stealth state, including  Smoke Screen,  Invisibility,  Prowl and  Arcane Trickery.

If it had no cooldowns then it would be something like Wisp (jump and you are invisible).

along with a cooldown or going into a shadow makes you invisible again (as long as you are not attacking )

and shade has a animation or lights up in some way to notify that its invisibility is about to end in 2 seconds, so it doesn’t just drop out

prob some stuff like this that’ll make use a little more predictable and useful

Archived