Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players are taking Advantage of connection

cyntreau

I am seeing an annoying new trend of 'clever' players leaving a mission right away by force quitting the game (fooling the game into thinking it was a disconnect), timing the mission length, then relogging and utilizing the "you were disconnected, rejoin squad?" option that pops up to join just as the mission is about to complete and get the credit for doing nothing, also the game usually won't replace the empty player slot with anyone else either. I just watched it happen with today's sortie, both on the hijack and defense missions, the same L2 player joined on us, left immediately on mission start, then rejoined seconds before the mission was about to end. Players are timing this, and taking advantage and it's quite annoying. Players that do this need to be punished.

Its hard to prove this is intentional on the players side.....

I join random random missions and get host migrations while trying to load into them about 50% of the time.   Im on ps4 with massive load times and so i sit through 60 seconds of loading thinking im getting into a mission only to migrate, then 60 seconds to get back to my ship.  Then I have to try again and risk the same crap happening. (and if I do make it in people are usually half/three-fourths done with the mission lol) (relic popping for new primes is hella frustrating because everyone is titania/wukong/gauss/volt and just blitzing the missions)  

Sometimes I try to join and get stuck into a mission alone and no one ever joins even though my squad is open.  And if I quit out and do the same mission I miraculously get placed into a full squad....

AND then im usually trying to do endless missions to level or pop relics... everyone leaves after 1-2 rounds the majority of the time.   Getting a squad that will even make it to C rotation is rare.   forcing me to join more missions and suffer through all the above bugs.  

-----------

Host migration is kicking alot of people's asses.    Yeah when i get kicked it asks if I want to rejoin that squad.   I Just say no.   Whats the point in trying to connect with that host again??    

=======

I Have seen a few people quit out of fissures.   DOnt know if the squad didnt fill up fast enough for them or if they were trying to leech new relics and didnt see any.  I imagine there are scumbags out there who WOULD do the thing your describing...  But as someone who constantly get migrated I think you need to blame DE/the platform servers.  Even before xplay  ps4 to ps5 connecting was crap.   

Only good thing is forming a squad before going into a mission seems to eliminate migrations.   I didnt get kicked from one relic squad while farming new primes and every one of those groups were formed before going in.    (people might not like it but maybe if you were held back from missions until you had a full squad, if your set to public, would fix everything.....)

I'm more inclined to blame glitches with the latest X-Play Matchmaking than anything player intentional.

Very common for players on console who load slower, to get dropped right at mission start when the host is PC.

(something dumb with the coding where the PC host is assuming the slow loading is actually a disconnect; DE needs to fix that to account for performance differences)

then, by the time that client is done getting loaded back to orbiter, another 40secs have passed; just in time for him to hit the rejoin button, wait another 40secs to try and load back in; by which time OP the Speedrunner is just about ready to finish the mission. They aren't intentionally sitting and waiting for you to finish the mission for them, Literally that's just how long loading screens take on some consoles.

Gets to be a real problem in Radshares, I'll take so long to load in that the host is already at 8 reactant and objective complete... I'm not trying to leech here, its just that slow.

1 hour ago, cyntreau said:

I am seeing an annoying new trend of 'clever' players leaving a mission right away by force quitting the game (fooling the game into thinking it was a disconnect), timing the mission length, then relogging and utilizing the "you were disconnected, rejoin squad?" option that pops up to join just as the mission is about to complete and get the credit for doing nothing, also the game usually won't replace the empty player slot with anyone else either. I just watched it happen with today's sortie, both on the hijack and defense missions, the same L2 player joined on us, left immediately on mission start, then rejoined seconds before the mission was about to end. Players are timing this, and taking advantage and it's quite annoying. Players that do this need to be punished.

TO OP: before concluding this is an intentional exploit

I'd like you to take a Note of player platform next time it happens.

if you see a correlation where its always a console player, that would confirm my theory.

also, try playing with X-play disabled for 1 week and see if it never re-occurs, that would also be a good confirmation test.

How would they intentionally time this? You can complete a mission in many different time periods. The only thing that can technically be somewhat figured out is Survival (or the new Mirror Defense). Everything else varies based on in-game performance or other player controlled events.

It would also make very little sense to do this, given how they could just afk somewhere or pretend they are helping, everyone still gets the rewards at the end, regardless of actual contribution. I would argue it's probably more of a fuss to exit and reload/relog than to do nothing in mission for the reward. It's not like there's a votekick system that they evade this way anyway. 🤷‍♂️

30 minutes ago, at35z said:

How would they intentionally time this? You can complete a mission in many different time periods. The only thing that can technically be somewhat figured out is Survival (or the new Mirror Defense). Everything else varies based on in-game performance or other player controlled events.

It would also make very little sense to do this, given how they could just afk somewhere or pretend they are helping, everyone still gets the rewards at the end, regardless of actual contribution. I would argue it's probably more of a fuss to exit and reload/relog than to do nothing in mission for the reward. It's not like there's a votekick system that they evade this way anyway. 🤷‍♂️

To you very good points, I'll also add a question for OP: What types of missions are these, other than today's sortie? Because in many missions, the "mission complete" reward isn't the most valuable reward, so the cheesing attempt they're accusing players of wouldn't make any sense.

1. Void Fissures - By loading it right before extraction, the players wouldn't collect enough reactant, thus making them ineligible for the prime parts.

2. Iso Vaults - You need to physically collect any voidrig drops or vault resources inside the chamber; simply loading it at the end of the mission only gets you bounty rewards.

3. Kuva Flood - I think you can still get the Requiem relic, but not the kuva, if you load in after the siphon's been destroyed.

4. Conjunction Survival - Sentient cores and Lua Thrax Plasm only get collected if you gobble them up, so you need to be their for the rotations.

Now, I will admit, loading shenanigans once helped me build Nova. I must have run the Raptors 20 times and the dang Systems would never drop. Then one day, I got caught in a loading screen/failed loading loop, only to finally load into the mission ... at the extraction point. Mission complete reward: Nova Systems. Hooray!

Archived