Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow me to Disable Cross Play. Without Segregating me from my Own Platform

I'm on PS4, it loads way slower than PC.

So If I get matchmade with a PC Host, they're usually halfway through the mission by the time I'm done staring at my Landing Craft.

I'd just Disable Cross Play, but if you do that, DE makes you go stand in the corner alone. - you don't get matchmade with other PS4 Players if they left X-play on Even though you're both on PS4!

Please make the X-play setting more comprehensive. options like "Limit Host to same platform" "allow x-platform Clients"

51 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I'm on PS4, it loads way slower than PC.

So If I get matchmade with a PC Host, they're usually halfway through the mission by the time I'm done staring at my Landing Craft.

I'd just Disable Cross Play, but if you do that, DE makes you go stand in the corner alone. - you don't get matchmade with other PS4 Players if they left X-play on Even though you're both on PS4!

Please make the X-play setting more comprehensive. options like "Limit Host to same platform" "allow x-platform Clients"

Even within the same platform, you would still get matched with PS5 people, who have much faster load times, perhaps comparable to PC, so your problem would remain.

Im sure part of the issue is on DEs end. I'm on PS4 and on loading into a mission i always keep chat open and have seen (on steel path) 5 people trying to load in, and on regular mission 6 people. Surely DEs systems should stop that happening? You know, being a 4 player squad game for as long as I've played warframe, 5 or 6 loading in shouldn't be happening. Maybe something has been missed in setting up crossplay? Also when DE stream prime time they are always hosts so never seem to encounter mission loading issues. If i could afford to upgrade to PS5 i would but like i say maybe something has been missed in setting up crossplay.

If you disable cross play, you should only get matchmade with other players who have it disabled.  This is simply necessary so you don't join other player's matches where cross play was allowed by them, and cut them off from all other platform players despite having cross play enabled.  Nor can you base it on host, since host or client is effectively random in public play.

The way it functions now is pretty much necessary to have the setting mean anything.

1 hour ago, Phatose said:

If you disable cross play, you should only get matchmade with other players who have it disabled.  This is simply necessary so you don't join other player's matches where cross play was allowed by them, and cut them off from all other platform players despite having cross play enabled.  Nor can you base it on host, since host or client is effectively random in public play.

The way it functions now is pretty much necessary to have the setting mean anything.

Which is exactly why I'm asking for settings to be more comprehensive.

3 hours ago, (PSN)manicmartz61 said:

Im sure part of the issue is on DEs end. I'm on PS4 and on loading into a mission i always keep chat open and have seen (on steel path) 5 people trying to load in, and on regular mission 6 people. Surely DEs systems should stop that happening? You know, being a 4 player squad game for as long as I've played warframe, 5 or 6 loading in shouldn't be happening. Maybe something has been missed in setting up crossplay? Also when DE stream prime time they are always hosts so never seem to encounter mission loading issues. If i could afford to upgrade to PS5 i would but like i say maybe something has been missed in setting up crossplay.

I've noticed this coming up a lot lately as well.

I'll join a mission, the loading screen seems to freeze up, and I'll see extra people appear in the squad chat list.

Then I get disconnected, and when I try to rejoin squad the session is full.

My theory is that since I'm on a PS4 and taking so much longer to load, the PC Host is assuming I'm dead and grabbing alternate matches.

2 hours ago, Pakaku said:

So, how is one supposed to connect only to similar-platform players, without knowing if their settings are set to allowing Crossplay or not?

I'm not sure what you're getting at

addressing your question directly: but we Do Know. Same as how we know player names, loadouts, etc. computers talk to each other.

but I think you might have been trying to make some deeper point that wasn't being communicated.

Also, I don't care if the people I'm going to be matched with have X-play On or Off. that was part of my initial point. DE does, but I don't.

I want to be able to setup: When I am Client, only join PS4 Hosts; but don't care if they add in clients from x-platform.

The Host is the one who determines spawn rates, and the initial mission start timing. So that's the only one I need to filter.

1 hour ago, Phatose said:

"Limit initial host to same platform" ?  If the initial host leaves, then it's the same as now.

I'd love this for PC, even if doesn't 100% prevent me ending up in a game hosted by console. 

2 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

"Limit initial host to same platform" ?  If the initial host leaves, then it's the same as now.

I'd love this for PC, even if doesn't 100% prevent me ending up in a game hosted by console. 

Thank You.

Yes that would work. Exactly the kind of thing I'm asking for.

Funny to see that it goes both ways.

I'm a PS4 player complaining about PC hosts. You're a PC player complaining about Console hosts.

Works better, but still has complications.  You can join a game that hasn't actually begun yet through MM.  If that happens, the game would still need to choose a host - and it's entirely possible the game's preferred host would not be on your platform, even if hosts of your platform were possible.  Then it needs to choose between ignoring your preference, booting you, or choosing a non-ideal host.

This is especially relevant since if there are no other games in progress on a node you choose, then you start a new match but the host is not decided until the match actually begins.  Which means it's entirely possible for a game you created to end up choosing a host not on your platform.

It may be better served through other methods.  Make a new match invite only, start it alone, then switch it to public.

Archived