The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path ARCHWING Incursions need to Go Away

It's fake steel path

Archguns don't scale up to SP levels, and DE even acknowledges this by having the archwing enemies Not Have the SP Level Boost.

There's no Acolytes to drop arcanes in it either.

Nothing about Archwing Missions is actually Steel Path.

Unless you want to introduce some Galvanized Archwing Mods and Arcanes, quit pretending and just pull these missions from the Incursion list.

It's easy Steel Essence though.  With the reduced buffs on the enemies they really aren't a worry and for some missions you barely need to fight them anyway (Sabotage & Rush).  The Archwing Incursions are ones I always do when they come up.

I look at this post and think:
"Man, sure would be nice to have Archmelee upgraded a bit.
I'd love to zip around with flair, dodging enemy fire through careful dashes!"
Sounds a lot more fun than sitting down and become a turret's Operating System.

But for the sake of the topic:
It's a shame that both Railjack and Archwing have very shallow and borderline crude missions.

In Railjack, it's either:

• "go blow up this space station" which 3/4th time is just exposing some spots for your Railjack crew to shoot at.
  • A standard mission node with some Railjack gameplay as an appetizer.
  • Both of which introduce very little variation. When you've completed one, you can expect a majority of the mission to feel the same.

That's just no fun. In one the mission type where a "Survival" format would actually shine?
Where a team must...

• Fight off hordes of incoming fighters.
  • Use the resources from the fighters to keep them alive.
  • Maintain a defensive position and upkeep their systems.
  • All against increasingly stronger enemies.

... you'd think that'd be a no-brainer. Unfortunately, every Grineer node is the same "Skirmish".

As for Archwing, the only "endless" version to my knowledge is Interception.
Out of the paltry 8 Archwing missions in the entire Starchart? Only one can even scale beyond the initial Level.
... and it's not even that engaging,

The others are:

• "Mobile Defense" twice.
  • "Exterminate" twice.
  • "Rush", which is a modified Rescue.
  • "Pursuit", which is a modified Capture
  • "Sabotage", of which doesn't involve danger in any format.

If one were to find an excuse for Steel Path being involved in Archwing? It'd have to be "it's a freebie!"
... which is very poor reasoning, to be frank. Steel Path is supposed to challenge you.
Most people feel it's just stat-creep. Less challenge and more tedium once you realize they're all the same enemies with the same AI.
The only upside being that the enhanced enemy durability means builds that killed too quickly to get started can do something now.
That upside fails in Archwing entirely, as the mode lacks the enemy stats and build diversity to make such happen.

I still say that Steel Path should make more varied, tougher enemies that spawn naturally.
But that's a discussion for another post.

On 2023-03-19 at 7:44 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

It's fake steel path

Archguns don't scale up to SP levels, and DE even acknowledges this by having the archwing enemies Not Have the SP Level Boost.

There's no Acolytes to drop arcanes in it either.

Nothing about Archwing Missions is actually Steel Path.

Unless you want to introduce some Galvanized Archwing Mods and Arcanes, quit pretending and just pull these missions from the Incursion list.

Take your free 5 Steel Path Essence and be happy. I sure am!

26 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

I look at this post and think:
"Man, sure would be nice to have Archmelee upgraded a bit.
I'd love to zip around with flair, dodging enemy fire through careful dashes!"
Sounds a lot more fun than sitting down and become a turret's Operating System.

But for the sake of the topic:
It's a shame that both Railjack and Archwing have very shallow and borderline crude missions.

In Railjack, it's either:

• "go blow up this space station" which 3/4th time is just exposing some spots for your Railjack crew to shoot at.
  • A standard mission node with some Railjack gameplay as an appetizer.
  • Both of which introduce very little variation. When you've completed one, you can expect a majority of the mission to feel the same.

That's just no fun. In one the mission type where a "Survival" format would actually shine?
Where a team must...

• Fight off hordes of incoming fighters.
  • Use the resources from the fighters to keep them alive.
  • Maintain a defensive position and upkeep their systems.
  • All against increasingly stronger enemies.

... you'd think that'd be a no-brainer. Unfortunately, every Grineer node is the same "Skirmish".

As for Archwing, the only "endless" version to my knowledge is Interception.
Out of the paltry 8 Archwing missions in the entire Starchart? Only one can even scale beyond the initial Level.
... and it's not even that engaging,

The others are:

• "Mobile Defense" twice.
  • "Exterminate" twice.
  • "Rush", which is a modified Rescue.
  • "Pursuit", which is a modified Capture
  • "Sabotage", of which doesn't involve danger in any format.

If one were to find an excuse for Steel Path being involved in Archwing? It'd have to be "it's a freebie!"
... which is very poor reasoning, to be frank. Steel Path is supposed to challenge you.
Most people feel it's just stat-creep. Less challenge and more tedium once you realize they're all the same enemies with the same AI.
The only upside being that the enhanced enemy durability means builds that killed too quickly to get started can do something now.
That upside fails in Archwing entirely, as the mode lacks the enemy stats and build diversity to make such happen.

I still say that Steel Path should make more varied, tougher enemies that spawn naturally.
But that's a discussion for another post.

Thank you

I'm glad someone gets the point.

the apologists defending the mission being shallow cause "free low effort SE" need to be reminded, that this is a game, and games are played for Good Gameplay, not just a reward.

47 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

games are played for Good Gameplay, not just a reward.

To which I can't help but look at those players- who do nothing but acquire pointless wealth at all costs- and say:

"You're no better than the Corpus under your boot.
The only difference between you and them is that you are a Warframe. Capable of extorting whatever you want, whenever you want without consequence.
... and the only difference between me and you is that I know how to make my weapons dance in starlit spotlight!"

I sometimes wonder what it's come to these days... that "AFK gameplay" is coveted enough to be considered profitable.

• 4 months later...

My main gripe with Steel Path Archwing is that it doesn't provide any Steel Essence on its own. I'd really like it, since I actually tend to enjoy Archwing missions.

It would be cool to have new/better Archwing missions too.

On 2023-03-22 at 6:39 AM, Binket_ said:

To which I can't help but look at those players- who do nothing but acquire pointless wealth at all costs- and say:

"You're no better than the Corpus under your boot.
The only difference between you and them is that you are a Warframe. Capable of extorting whatever you want, whenever you want without consequence.
... and the only difference between me and you is that I know how to make my weapons dance in starlit spotlight!"

I sometimes wonder what it's come to these days... that "AFK gameplay" is coveted enough to be considered profitable.

everyone needs a break some time.

Archived