Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This gameplay shown by Pablo doesn’t get me excited.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

16 hours ago, Felsagger said:

If the update flops half of the user base will start a heavy revolt. It's not going to be pretty, Psi. 

I wish DE good luck. They better not fail. 

You have no idea how many times I've heard people say that.

Hell, I'm people! I've said that. Or something to that effect, certainly.

It's never been true.

DE's move from making warframe an introduction to another project to publicity is something that speaks to the team's desperation and lack of respect for the community. It could cause great damage to the company's image, which already suffers from accumulated damage in warframe management. I personally won't even play the next game from DE because I know it will be similar to warframe and I'm feeling that it won't have the same player base as warframe...it's a game that could fail at launch. Years and years of neglect with warframe made me uninstall the game and I don't even want to play again... when I think about playing warframe again, I feel like throwing up.

50 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

You have no idea how many times I've heard people say that.

Hell, I'm people! I've said that. Or something to that effect, certainly.

It's never been true.

FALSE. 

Let me remind you elementary history. 

Rail Jack Launch. That was an ENTIRE COMPLETE FIASCO for a launch. 

a. The game was unplayable. 

b. DE never met the goals EVER up to this day with what they promised back then in Tennocon. To boot the whole thing was a SIMULATION. That was revealed in 2017 and now we are at 2023, SEVEN YEARS LATER without such features.   

c. DE never understood the implications of what they were proposing because once they brought the concept on reality they had to CUT a lot of corners. 

How can this be avoided? 

a. DE playtest your own game MORE OFTEN. 

b. Don't sell a PIE in the sky with representations that will not arrive at the final build. 

c. HONESTY. BE HONEST with what the team can do, the technology can do and what is not attainable. 

There. 

27 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

DE's move from making warframe an introduction to another project to publicity is something that speaks to the team's desperation and lack of respect for the community. It could cause great damage to the company's image,  

Let me make a short pause here. 

This is fundamental. This is a service game. If the trust is breached then many users will NOT say a word and abandon the game. At the corner you have HORIZON Forbidden west Burning Shores doing a launch. If pastures are not green here, they will be greener ELSEWHERE. 

I don't have to make a fuss out of this. It's just how people will behave if they feel ignored. There is NO need to bash any developer. Actions will speak for themselves. (The action and reaction of the public). 

It's not the image of the company. We are speaking here about the TRUST between company and the clients.  

55 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

DE's move from making warframe an introduction to another project to publicity is something that speaks to the team's desperation and lack of respect for the community. It could cause great damage to the company's image, which already suffers from accumulated damage in warframe management. I personally won't even play the next game from DE because I know it will be similar to warframe and I'm feeling that it won't have the same player base as warframe...it's a game that could fail at launch. Years and years of neglect with warframe made me uninstall the game and I don't even want to play again... when I think about playing warframe again, I feel like throwing up.

Cool, then for the sake of your own mental health, leave. 

32 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

FALSE. 

Let me remind you elementary history. 

Rail Jack Launch. That was an ENTIRE COMPLETE FIASCO for a launch. 

a. The game was unplayable. 

b. DE never met the goals EVER up to this day with what they promised back then in Tennocon. To boot the whole thing was a SIMULATION. That was revealed in 2017 and now we are at 2023, SEVEN YEARS LATER without such features.   

c. DE never understood the implications of what they were proposing because once they brought the concept on reality they had to CUT a lot of corners. 

How can this be avoided? 

a. DE playtest your own game MORE OFTEN. 

b. Don't sell a PIE in the sky with representations that will not arrive at the final build. 

c. HONESTY. BE HONEST with what the team can do, the technology can do and what is not attainable. 

There. 

Railjack's release was terrible sure. Not denying that, even as someone who enjoys Railjack. (Not sure why it's even been mentioned since it's completely irrelevant) And it didn't cause 'riots'. It didn't cause a mass exodus. People weren't even as angry as when Bramma got the mildest, faintest, hand-placed-gently-on-the-wrist nerf.  And even that didn't cause any of those.

Duviri will be no different. 

On 2023-04-16 at 3:33 PM, Felsagger said:

Ervin, quit trolling. That one doesn't work, at least work harder. Go back to the topic. 

Hey I wasnt the one claiming to be fascinated by chinese "artistry". I just dont know how someone can claim to be interested in something they seem to know squat about.

1 hour ago, Vaml77 said:

DE's move from making warframe an introduction to another project to publicity is something that speaks to the team's desperation and lack of respect for the community. It could cause great damage to the company's image, which already suffers from accumulated damage in warframe management.

Not gonna lie, been hoping someone will speak up about this, while I'm not too fond of what you said, the image has been somewhat "Rough" with plenty of other reasons in the past, and I really don't want to get into here. but nevertheless, well said.

30 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Cool

I'm gonna ask the same as I asked the other person in this topic, What's your problem?

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

There is NO need to bash any developer. Actions will speak for themselves. (The action and reaction of the public). 

I am really getting confused about what side you are on here, I've noticed its a coin clip situation dependent on who you replie to, mind clarifying? 

6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'm gonna ask the same as I asked the other person in this topic, What's your problem?

In respects to Vaml?

They've said that thinking about playing Warframe causes them distress. Hanging around the Warframe forums complaining therefore is only negative - they don't want to and aren't going to play Warframe, so even if their complaints result in a positive conclusion, they won't benefit from it. And I can't imagine constant reminders of something that 'makes them want to throw up' (hyperbole, I'm sure but still) is particularly fun. Consequently, it'd be better for their mental health if they left.

If we're talking about myself in general, I won't subject you to that. 

1 hour ago, Vaml77 said:

DE's move from making warframe an introduction to another project to publicity is something that speaks to the team's desperation and lack of respect for the community.

That is such a silly way to look at it. It's as if you have zero grasp on time.

Duviri has been in the works for a long long time. Soulframe started development somewhere around the end of 2021. It is more that the development of Duviri spawned an idea at DE to make a new game based on similar combat. And if you know any of DEs history, it is quite easy to see. Just as WF was spawned from ideas that were planned for Dark Sector, while also using alot of concepts from that game in WF, even more so during the development of WF early on.

It isnt as if melee operator combat hasnt been asked for over a long period of time, and again with the introduction of Teshin TNW gameplay. Heck, Teshin gameplay alone could have been a reason for both the Duviri approach and DE deciding on a new "slower" game, because that part of TNW was well recieved. Heck, we've been straight up shown parts of the Teshin combat in the videos of the Duviri gameplay already.

42 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I am really getting confused about what side you are on here, I've noticed its a coin clip situation dependent on who you replie to, mind clarifying? 

I am not critiquing the developer. I'm stating facts that happened with Rail Jack. Bashing a developer is different like making fun of them, being burlesque or insulting. Those are two different types of behaviors. 

I am pointing out what happened with one of their releases and the historical events that took place. Of course everything is editable and fixable. However when people speaks about promises you at least expect the completion of the goals they, themselves, proposes, right? 

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

And it didn't cause 'riots'.

It produced a lot of mockery and lot of people seeing a video pointing out the events of Rail Jack. That IS NOT positive for any company. 

Wait isn't that a 'riot'? That's not good for anyone. Such performance generates bad publicity. That's a BIG problem right there. It hurts the trust in a service game. 

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

It didn't cause a mass exodus. 

You don't know that. None of us knows that. However it left a bad sore for seven years. 

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Duviri will be no different. 

How people would react when they get stripped of the Warframe powers. 

THIS IS DIFFERENT, LOZA. They are changing the pace of the Warframe for the pace of the the drifter. In Rialjack you still use your warframe and hack and slash with your warframe boarding other ships or repel boardings of the enemy. The WARFRAME is involved. 

When the move is this drastic then Duviri should perform better, moreover, Duviri must convince providing quality. Otherwise people are going to be angry for such changes and power reduction. 

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

In respects to Vaml?

They've said that thinking about playing Warframe causes them distress. Hanging around the Warframe forums complaining therefore is only negative - they don't want to and aren't going to play Warframe, so even if their complaints result in a positive conclusion, they won't benefit from it. And I can't imagine constant reminders of something that 'makes them want to throw up' (hyperbole, I'm sure but still) is particularly fun. Consequently, it'd be better for their mental health if they left.

Ah, alright, thank you for clarifying in a civil manner

At first, I did read your response to Vaml, as just a typical WK, but seeing that you actually care more about their mental health than a simple video game, does make this a whole lot better and I strongly suggest the same to Vaml, his or her Health is much more vital then Warframe of all things, while nothing is stopping them from Hanging around the Warframe forums, folks who only want to "shun or shoo" them away, cuz "Oh no, how dare they be negative" isn't the best way to tell someone to leave.

But likewise, I rather have Vaml take more care of their health then this..

51 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I am not critiquing the developer. I'm stating facts that happened with Rail Jack. Bashing a developer is different like making fun of them, being burlesque or insulting. Those are two different types of behaviors. 

I am pointing out what happened with one of their releases and the historical events that took place. Of course everything is editable and fixable. However when people speaks about promises you at least expect the completion of the goals they, themselves, proposes, right? 

Ahh, alright makes sense cheers o7

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I just dont know how someone can claim to be interested in something they seem to know squat about.

Even if this post is the definition of an Irony, despite if it is on purpose or not. I'll say it again. Ervin, If you want to troll, troll away. No one stops you. Have fun doing that. 

However, I must inform you that not everybody sees the world the way you see it. Sorry, It's a tough reality out there for you to digest but that's how the world rolls. Carry on with your attitude. 

49 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

It produced a lot of mockery and lot of people seeing a video pointing out the events of Rail Jack. That IS NOT positive for any company.

Quite a few things that they did caused this, more than usual, but to your other question "Wait isn't that a 'riot'?"

In a way yes, but not so much, Riots typically involve destruction of property, public or private, or in this case mass protest and mass exodus of the game, mostly, that has not really happened yet, yes the numbers have dropped a massive ton as late and some of the more "special" choices have been met with certain backlash, I honestly can't see this happing if the update flops, as they will always be certain folks who will play blindly (in both cases).

You should know what I mean by this...lol   

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Quite a few things that they did caused this, more than usual, but to your other question "Wait isn't that a 'riot'?"

In a way yes, but not so much, Riots typically involve destruction of property, public or private, or in this case mass protest and mass exodus of the game, mostly, that has not really happened yet, yes the numbers have dropped a massive ton as late and some of the more "special" choices have been met with certain backlash, I honestly can't see this happing if the update flops, as they will always be certain folks who will play blindly (in both cases).   

True, you are absolutely right. I have to use the word UPROAR. 

People are going to be deeply angry twice because one thing is to tolerate a problematic launch but another thing is to tolerate a problematic launch with a change of pace. Those are two entirely different situations. 

The opinion about Duviri is DIVIDED. I've seen it in the forums by many people. I am lenient to the point that I'll play the whole thing to see what this whole thing is about. I am giving DE a CHANCE. Other people already said "NO, we don't want that". 

When the opinions are polarized then that imply VOLATILITY. The content can't be VOLATILE and should be launched with a fair degree of good performance, otherwise the whole situation could become a snowball for everybody. 

Psi, there are people here that will defend the Developer doing damage control. It's very likely to happen here. You have fanboys everywhere and you have all type of individuals who only sees their own reality. It's PERFECTLY NORMAL. I'm serious. This happens in every forum when something goes south. 

Ok that is all cool, but how in the hell is this thread still going? Like, genuinely, how wasn't it closed by the moderators? How didn't everyone lose interest to it? It's 24 pages and going!

It's like update hype threads of ye olden times made a comeback... but in reverse.

22 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Ok that is all cool, but how in the hell is this thread still going? Like, genuinely, how wasn't it closed by the moderators? How didn't everyone lose interest to it? It's 24 pages and going!

It's like update hype threads of ye olden times made a comeback... but in reverse.

Why should people lose interest in the conversation and why should this thread get closed when people are interested in the conversation? The thread is still going on. The idea is to discuss what we like and we don't about what we are seeing on the disclosed material of Duviri. If you are not interested that doesn't mean that the thread needs to be closed. You can simply stop posting in it. 

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

Why should people lose interest in the conversation and why should this thread get closed when people are interested in the conversation? The thread is still going on. The idea is to discuss what we like and we don't about what we are seeing on the disclosed material of Duviri. If you are not interested that doesn't mean that the thread needs to be closed. You can simply stop posting in it. 

Pretty much this ^

The topic did derail slightly but only in the concept of talking about the update and getting people to express their views on the update and most of it has been highly negative and yes the topic has branched into other similar topics of how the game state is, not directly about the update but it still holds a conversation.

1 hour ago, ant99999 said:

update hype threads but in reverse.

Is this the only reason why you dislike this thread?

Cuz it's not praising or hyping the update?

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

you dislike this thread

Who told you that? I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. It's like my morning routine at this point. I open the Forums and I know for sure this thread is gonna be there with more replies for me to read. It's like watching a comedy series.

6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Cuz it's not praising or hyping the update?

Ok, maybe you're genuinely confusing me with someone. I'm not praising it either. I'm cautiously optimistic at best.

I did make some fun of calling it a souls-like, that's about all of my contribution to this thread.

Ok, maybe you're genuinely confusing me with someone. 

Who told you that? I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. It's like my morning routine at this point. I open the Forums and I know for sure this thread is gonna be there with more replies for me to read. It's like watching a comedy series.

That's a fair way of looking at it, if I'm going, to be honest with you xD

Although I don't usually check the forums each day, I will check if someone has replied to me and respond as soon as I can, but as of late I have been, as generally, this update does perk my interest but still remain pessimistic. Maybe just the way you worded it but it did generally at first sound like your advantage person praising the ground that Warframe walks on, so to speak and I'll always ask them why they think that way, so my bad.

I am curious tho, though a few people dislike the update due to it's not "Warframe" enough, what is your take on that? 

11 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I am curious tho, though a few people dislike the update due to it's not "Warframe" enough, what is your take on that? 

My take on that is that Warframe has changed so much for the period of its lifetime, any "Warframe enough" essence of it anyone can have in their mind is very much arbitrary.

The only relevant metric for any update is how long it is capable of keeping someone playing it.

My take on that is that Warframe has changed so much for the period of its lifetime, any "Warframe enough" essence of it anyone can have in their mind is very much arbitrary.

The only relevant metric for any update is how long it is capable of keeping someone playing it.

Fair enough

3 hours ago, ant99999 said:

It's like watching a comedy series.

Some people get really riled, exacerbated and somehow infuriating for the things I type. It is indeed comedy for me too. I have fun watching how few burst few neurons putting too much importance on a video game. I can't disagree with this. The community somehow turns into comedy when opinions are divided. 

If we use that rubric then Railjack is literally a disaster worst than any forest fire we've ever seen. But I think Railjack is far from being that. There are many features in this game that people stopped using them like K-drives and archwings. 

The horse in Duviri will become another fad. It will be cool for at least two months, after that the whole horse will be thrown away. 

Archived