Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drifter melee combat can do better, I hope DE Fix it.

MouadSaqui

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

I like the parry mechanic but we scale too fast. You get like two decrees and all the methodical gameplay goes out the window. Where you can kill 5 enemies in just as many seconds.

This, One shouting everything with a single slash, even in Steel Path.. 

1 minute ago, Silligoose said:

Those modders were passionate about their project, so... you know...

We can dream though 🙂

I mean, They showed Soulframe melee in a devstream, they can import that to warframe since they basically share the engine

4 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I'm glad it doesn't look like your video TBH

it doesn't have to be like in the video, I was only using that to say that DE can make good melee, we believe in the new team 

My biggest gripe with the current melee mechanic is that attacks from standing still move you forward which is nonsense. Also would be nice to have an actual button for attacks that lift enemies properly, like in other games and where you can follow through with proper lift combo that ends in smashing enemy into the ground.

7 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

it doesn't have to be like in the video, I was only using that to say that DE can make good melee, we believe in the new team 

But what's so bad about them? My only complaint is how slugish they feel except for the Syam, but that can either be fixed by just tweaking speeds overall

people are out here saying decrees break the combat, you must not know about the Sampotes' Heavy attack; as long as you've got the health to tank hits and your heal ready, you can just spam heavy attack on every mob and it hits like a truck, regardless of whether they block or not. the second attack can even hit behind you lol. no decrees needed with that thing, and once you do, well.. that one decree that gives shockwave on heavy attack, plus the elemental melee ones, it's GG for the Dax.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

people are out here saying decrees break the combat, you must not know about the Sampotes' Heavy attack; as long as you've got the health to tank hits and your heal ready, you can just spam heavy attack on every mob and it hits like a truck, regardless of whether they block or not. the second attack can even hit behind you lol. no decrees needed with that thing, and once you do, well.. that one decree that gives shockwave on heavy attack, plus the elemental melee ones, it's GG for the Dax.

Too true.  I wondered why the Sampotes costs more to unlock than the others. 

Then, I found out why.  And it was glorious.

1 minute ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I don't think you understand the video. Imagine clearing all bosses in Elden Ring without every rolling at all. Or getting hit either. Right now Drifter combat is like that.

Wow.  I just threw up in my mouth a little bit reading that.  Nicely put. :D

You're right that it's mitigated by Decree health/damage stacking, but... it doesn't really resolve the main issue.

DE can do better with Warframe's gunplay and melee gameplay (Warframe and Drifter), imo. I don't think it's simply a matter of difficulty, but of gameplay mechanics and movement/animation.

I'd rather see a melee system that can rival Ghost of Tsushima (basically, improving even further on Duviri's combat system and expanding it, applying it to all melee enemies):

PointedCompetentCrocodile-size_restricte

And this quality of gunplay, and movement animations, but with Warframe's speed and enhanced movement system (bullet jump/glide). And sound design:

Archived