Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Incarnon Genesis weapons have "Incarnon" in their name?

(XBOX)KayAitch

When you apply an Incarnon Genesis to a weapon it basically becomes a new weapon - different stats, a new mode, a different image in the armoury, etc.

Same name though, and in lots of places all you see is the name.

We already have up to 10 weapons with them, but we'll have 30 in 13 weeks. We often have multiple copies of these guns. Are we going to get every genesis and get the resources to apply it, like, did I bother to put it on the Vasto or not? It's going to get confusing.

Could the name change to have the prefix "Incarnon" so we can tell at a glance?

So "Incarnon Strun Prime", "Incarnon Telos Boltor", "Incarnon Dual Toxocyst", "Incarnon Prisma Skana" etc.

Edited by (XBOX)KayAitch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

When you apply an Incarnon Genesis to a weapon it basically becomes a new weapon - different stats, a new mode, a different image in the armoury, etc.

Same name though, and in lots of places all you see is the name.

We already have up to 10 weapons with them, but we'll have 30 in 13 weeks. We often have multiple copies of these guns. Are we going to get every genesis and get the resources to apply it, like, did I bother to put it on the Vasto or not? It's going to get confusing.

Could the name change to have the prefix "Incarnon" so we can tell at a glance?

So "Incarnon Strun Prime", "Incarnon Telos Boltor", "Incarnon Dual Toxocyst", "Incarnon Prisma Skana" etc.

There is a way you can fix this yourself, which is why I assume DE wont do it since renaming weapons already exists in fortuna, hok, I would however love to see the weapons get the incarnon tag when they have the adapter, so when you search 'incarnon' they show up in search results.

• Like 2

IMO it is more appropriate to have a filter for weapons with adapters in them rather than adding "incarnon" to the name. Since these are not technically incarnon weapons and changing their names in the way TC suggests would confuse the real incarnon weapons with weapons for which an adapter has been applied (these do not count for "complete a mission with incarnon weapons in each slot").

10 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

DE wont do it since renaming weapons already exists in fortuna

There are 30x weapons, more coming, and that costs 15 plat each time. 

It's a rubbish solution and a poor use of 450 plat (around £25 if bought from DE)

9 hours ago, Leqesai said:

it is more appropriate to have a filter for weapons with adapters in them

That only works in the arsenal/inventory, where I can also see the picture.

It doesn't work where you can only see the name, for instance in the player menu in the top left.

There probably should be a filter, but I also want to be able to tell at a glance.

9 hours ago, Leqesai said:

(these do not count for "complete a mission with incarnon weapons in each slot").

How do you know? We haven't had one of those NW challenges since before Incarnon Genesis was added?

In any case, that sounds like a bug - either it should work for adapted weapons, or the text should say something like "innate Incarnon weapons".

Edited by (XBOX)KayAitch

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

How do you know? We haven't had one of those NW challenges since before Incarnon Genesis was added?

It's not a Nightwave thing - it's the requirment to unlock the 5th evolution for the original Zariman Incarnom weapons. I doubt this will be tweaked to support adapted weapons, but hopefully the challenge will be reworded at some point.

Just now, drnlmza said:

- it's the requirment to unlock the 5th evolution for the original Zariman Incarnom weapons

Oh yeah. I'd already unlocked all of them. That might be a bug.

So far I've found the opposite - genesis incarnon challenges work with any weapons. I unlocked the Burston evolutions without firing a shot from it as I had an Incarnon secondary I was using.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

That only works in the arsenal/inventory, where I can also see the picture.

It doesn't work where you can only see the name, for instance in the player menu in the top left.

There probably should be a filter, but I also want to be able to tell at a glance.

That's a good point. I hadn't considered that. Maybe a special icon could be added to the name instead of "incarnon" to indicate it has an adapter. 

6 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Maybe a special icon could be added to the name instead of "incarnon" to indicate it has an adapter.

That works too, though there are already icons for potato, forma, mastery, exilus and arcane and most menus don't show them (or only show them in tooltips)

• 2 weeks later...