Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Syndicate Augment Mods to Nightwave

(XBOX)Kebiru25

The Syndicate standing system is perfect, but it locks players out of  key augment mods depending on the 3 Syndicates you choose. Some players don't have access to Excalibur, Frost , Limb, Mirage, Nezha, Nova and Xaku. And others don't have Mag, Nekros, Titania, Trinity. Valkyr(the one I need) and Zephyr. If you play the system right, you have the chance of getting 4 Syndicates, but it locks you out of 2-3 warframes. More Warframes augs are coming which means more can to locked out of getting mods.

The intended idea was to go to Trade chat. The Trade chat and everywhere else is flooded with Rivens and Primes. No one is trying to trade Augments Mods. As a casual, I don't have the time to hunt or wait for them. I get a few hours in the week to play. This is where I think Nightwave can help.

Nora's Nightwave is a reference to The Warriors movie. A DJ that has the ear of all the gangs. So what if you extend that theme. Every week she dedicates it to one Syndicate where one Warframe augment mod set to the Cred Offering. She already has Augment Mods selling there already. Just add from the Warframe list above. This way the Trade chat can focus on Rivens and Primes. 

Thoughts? 

Just like new players are advised to live breathe and sleep on the wiki, so you can use Warframe.market for all your augment needs. Sure a first party warframe solution would be great but I don't realistically see that happening.

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)Kebiru25 said:

The Syndicate standing system is perfect, but it locks players out of  key augment mods depending on the 3 Syndicates you choose. Some players don't have access to Excalibur, Frost , Limb, Mirage, Nezha, Nova and Xaku. And others don't have Mag, Nekros, Titania, Trinity. Valkyr(the one I need) and Zephyr. If you play the system right, you have the chance of getting 4 Syndicates, but it locks you out of 2-3 warframes. More Warframes augs are coming which means more can to locked out of getting mods.

The intended idea was to go to Trade chat. The Trade chat and everywhere else is flooded with Rivens and Primes. No one is trying to trade Augments Mods. As a casual, I don't have the time to hunt or wait for them. I get a few hours in the week to play. This is where I think Nightwave can help.

Nora's Nightwave is a reference to The Warriors movie. A DJ that has the ear of all the gangs. So what if you extend that theme. Every week she dedicates it to one Syndicate where one Warframe augment mod set to the Cred Offering. She already has Augment Mods selling there already. Just add from the Warframe list above. This way the Trade chat can focus on Rivens and Primes. 

Thoughts? 

I dont know in what world you live in, but in the world I live in, people just buy and/or trade augments. Nothing is locking you out of anything. The only thing you cannot get is the syndicate syndana because its untradable. And you can get it by just switching syndicates for a while and switching back once you max them up. However, I agree that nightwave should have these, no real reason why not.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Kebiru25 said:

The Trade chat and everywhere else is flooded with Rivens and Primes.

FWIW, you can use filters, like only showing messages with "Augment" in them, and / or hiding any "Riven" or "Prime" mentions.

(Also, WDYM by "everywhere else"? Were you desperate enough to try Maroo's Bazaar for trading?)

Plus, yeah, Warframe.Market exists, that should work well enough in any case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

FWIW, you can use filters, like only showing messages with "Augment" in them, and / or hiding any "Riven" or "Prime" mentions

If filters worked...nice try though.

Augment mods should not be on NW. What a crappy reward when you can just go get it by playing a few missions. 

I'd rather see hard to achieve arcanes like arcane energize or something like that. Augment mods. Most are useless clutter anyway, and therefore most you get will just fill a spot for a useful reward like 3x forma or something else.

the Normal circuit offers an Augment for whichever warframe you choose, so there is another way, but it's still far from ideal since you have to wait for your desired frame to appear, then hope you get the right augment to pop up. recently I wanted  Prolonged Paralysis for Valkyr but it came up with Eternal War instead.

at the very least, the warframe path you choose for standard Circuit should offer ALL a frame's available augments, after all, the intention behind Circuit is to try and get players using different frames and experimenting with different builds, no?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

If filters worked...nice try though.

Feel free to actually explain what you're talking about with that.

Augment mods should not be on NW. What a crappy reward when you can just go get it by playing a few missions. 

So you're just ... choosing to ignore the reality of being unable to buy the Augments from Syndicates you're not part of?

You know, kind of the main reason why this topic exists?

Augment mods. Most are useless clutter anyway, and therefore most you get will just fill a spot for a useful reward like 3x forma or something else.

Who said anything about Augments being NW rank up rewards, the OP is about putting them into the NW shop.

I'd say it's a bad idea and not because trading already serves that purpose. But because it makes catching up with the Nightwave shop even harder for new players and it can result in negative interactions with it.

Like new players already have all the weapons and mods in there to get, the 250 or so Nitain they'll need, base Vauban, all the cosmetics, and it's their only real source of Catalysts and Reactors. Adding in something with as much value as augments just makes new players even more strapped for NW Cred. Then there's the potential issues that can cause if players go buying augments from there only to later learn they could have gotten them "for free" from Syndicates. Also depending on how DE fits them into the shop rotations it could end up diluting things and making it harder to get specific items.

While players who're already experienced with the game have an easier time just going through trade, either mod for mod or funding plat trades, or spending the couple minutes a day for a few days to swap to the other Syndicates. So having them in the NW shop wouldn't be all that valuable for such players.

• Like 1

On 2023-05-27 at 2:26 PM, NinjaZeku said:

you can use filters, like only showing messages with "Augment" in them

I tried using filters, but it was like fishing in a tub. I had that filter up for week and saw nothing. Sometimes saw someone selling Augments only to find out they choose the same syndicate as me.