Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vasto Incarnon is very mediocre

MobyTheDuck

After playing with it for a while, I come to find the Vasto Incarnon on the lower end of usefulness and uniqueness.

It requires 8 headshots to fill and has 24 ammo, which sounds ok, but the problem is how it plays.

One click makes it shoot a 6 round burst with increased multishot, that gives us only 4 shots before you have to charge the Incarnon again.

The shots are ok, but have no punch-through, which means that even if you line up enemies, you might waste shots on a corpse or on the scenario while trying to spray around. Also you can't aim or use it while aim gliding, as it makes you cancel the glide (but doesn't cancels wall cling, possible glitch?)

My suggestions are:

- Increased ammo or make every burst use 1 bullet or remove the burst entirely, but increase fire rate
- Give it some punch-through or give it some ricochet
- Let it shoot while aim gliding

Edited by MobyTheDuck
  • Like 4

I disliked it at first but I've come around to it after some more playtime. Stats aside, I disagree on it being on the low end of uniqueness, I think its probably one of the more unique incarnons and it plays into the whole revolver/six shooter style. I would like to be able to aim down sights and aim glide with it, but other than that I think it's fine as is.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

You're missing the entire purpose of the incarnon.

You seem to think it's for spraying down enemies. No, it is not. It's for burning down a single target, like a demolyst or... an Eidolon. Yes, it works perfectly for those, and EXTREMELY well too.

That's a good point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

You're missing the entire purpose of the incarnon.

You seem to think it's for spraying down enemies. No, it is not. It's for burning down a single target, like a demolyst or... an Eidolon. Yes, it works perfectly for those, and EXTREMELY well too.

It is pretty hard to focus a single target with it spraying wildly all over the place (and yes, I do know about the recoil reduction perk) not to mention having effectively four trigger pulls when most other incarnons do last at least more than three seconds, start to finish

It's really, REALLY good for blasting acolytes. The real problem is the requirements for both of the second evolution options. Not equipping a primary weapon is FAR too large of an ask for a weapon that's a secondary single target option. And 3 seconds is far too short for deathtrap trigger. What is DE's obsession for these weird little conditions that just make gameplay less streamlined?

Edited by Bluemillion
  • Like 3

Increasing the incarnon mag size to allow 8 bursts in total instead of 4 would be enough for me. It gets used up a little too quickly for my taste. Also,

Deathtrap Trigger: Increase Damage by +66 (Vasto) / +24 (Prime). On Equip From Primary: Increase Critical Chance by +30%, increase Critical Damage by +2.2x (Vasto) / +0.8x (Prime) for 3s.

Increasing this to 6s instead of 3s should be enough to match the increased mag size. And:

• Perk 1: Lone Gun: Increase Damage by +66 (Vasto) / +24 (Prime). With No Primary Equipped: Increase Damage by +40, increase Magazine Capacity by +14.
    • Increased Magazine Capacity does not affect Incarnon Form.

Allow the magazine capacity to affect the Incarnon Form too, increasing it to allow 24 bursts in total, to match the tripled mag size of the non-incarnon mode. That should justify forgoing a primary for this evolution. 

• Like 3

I agree.

off: I'm tired of opining about details, I'm just giving up talking about inconsistencies.

Zylok incarnon before the last update had potential, 10 shots incanon and it was possible to burn any enemy with damage resistance and status effects in simulacrum, after the last update juggernaut level max does not receive forced heat status from this weapon and so Zylok incarnon is downgraded immensely by several enemies.

I find the joke funny, the numbers say that Afuris is worse than Zylok but Furis is better than Zylok through these details. I hope it's not a bug😑