Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a way to totally abort the New War quest?

(NSW)Crazzzie

Question

I can't get past Boreal.  Now, I don't even care.  I *might* stick with the game if I can abort, but right now, I think I'm out.

Edit: It actually got worse; I closed the game and restarted.  I went to another boss (Nira) and guess what?  After the cutscene entering the boss room, no weapon would work.  No gun, no bow, no knife.  Abilities worked, though.  Maybe I can run around and give Nira lung cancer from all the smoke, maybe?

Edited by (NSW)Crazzzie

15 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Maybe if you "idjits" would quit listening to those that keep saying Boreal is so easy, you wouldn't keep getting stuck fighting him.

I didn't ask for your (dumb) opinion.  I'm asking for a solution.

"That is the solution, for this and all future threads that keep complaining about Boreal."

No, what you are proposing is NOT a solution.

One solution would be for Boreal to be gradually weakened after X number of tries, so that it doesn't become a roadblock for everyone but 'leet' gamers such as yourself.  Then people would stop complaining.  

The next solution would be the ability to abort the mission.

Edited by (NSW)Crazzzie
  • Like 1

no, there is no way to exit The New War.

the Archons will be a lot easier if you practice your Parkour a bit. like, Slide boosting and Firing at the same time. or just Slide boosting at all rather than just Walking, so that you can dodge attacks rather than being unable to.

also shoot them in the Face, for dramatically higher Damage from your Nataruk.

Edited by taiiat

2 hours ago, (NSW)Crazzzie said:

I can't get past Boreal.  Now, I don't even care.  I *might* stick with the game if I can abort, but right now, I think I'm out.

Edit: It actually got worse; I closed the game and restarted.  I went to another boss (Nira) and guess what?  After the cutscene entering the boss room, no weapon would work.  No gun, no bow, no knife.  Abilities worked, though.  Maybe I can run around and give Nira lung cancer from all the smoke, maybe?

Boreal is currently bugged in other content, which might mean he's bugged in NW too.  I know this probably doesn't sound like much help considering your Nira issue, but I might try Nira again and save Boreal for last.

I've heard that Support has in some cases helped people out with New War progress, but I don't know what their criteria are.  Perhaps a bugged Boreal and Nira would qualify.

I've tried that, concentrating on shooting and moving.  Hasn't worked.  Might get it down to 50%.  Restarted game (you can't even go to "orbit" in these battles).  Tried another boss.  Controls wouldn't even work in the fight, even after death.

Got tired of it.  New War is a gigantic roadblock that has to be done to unlock content, which is what makes this so frustrating.  I can't believe DE can be this dimwitted, but then I look around and see all the halfwits in power in both government and business and that question gets answered instantly.

And DE should worry about gamers like me because I probably put in $100USD in the game in the last month buying formas and the like (basebuilding).  

Edited by (NSW)Crazzzie

3 hours ago, (NSW)Crazzzie said:

And DE should worry about gamers like me because I probably put in $100USD in the game in the last month buying formas and the like (basebuilding).  

Not that that is actually a lot of money to them, but I'm glad that I haven't noticed (not that there isn't) any favoritism for players that spend a lot of money because that breeds a lot of bad things. You shouldn't be able to pay your way into preferential treatment.