Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

kill 5 void angle nightwave

Vaml77

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Not sure how you would see this as a bug. If you don't get the final shot on an Angel, then you haven't actually killed one, you've only damaged one. Not the same thing.

This isn't how other boss-type enemies have worked in Nightwave.  "Kill Profit Taker" doesn't only reward the person who gets the final blow.

But more to the point, it's silly to have players competing to get the final blow on boss-type enemies; this type of design actively works against the cooperation and camaraderie that DE has expressly stated is a goal in their multiplayer content.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
  • Like 3

I don't see why people are considering angels a 'boss type' enemies. On non SP missions, they're easy to kill once you know what you're doing and have decent equipment. I'm no meta slave player and I can kill them with button mashing and sub optimal amp. Are yall considering thumpers 'boss type' too? I mean we get those in NW as well.

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Not sure how you would see this as a bug. If you don't get the final shot on an Angel, then you haven't actually killed one, you've only damaged one. Not the same thing.

Bruh. This isn't required for any other boss related Nightwave challenge. Profit-Taker, Exploiter, and the Eidolon challenge do not require this. The Zariman ones are all either buggy like this or inconsistent like the Armageddon and Flood challenges asking you to do 3 missions instead of a number of rotations like Survival, Defense, and Disruption work.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hobie-wan said:

I don't see why people are considering angels a 'boss type' enemies.  On non SP missions, they're easy to kill once you know what you're doing and have decent equipment.

I don't think it has much to do with difficulty, but rather that they have a boss-style health UI, damage-gated phases, a custom arena, and are generally rationed to 1 per level.

20 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I don't see why people are considering angels a 'boss type' enemies. On non SP missions, they're easy to kill once you know what you're doing and have decent equipment. I'm no meta slave player and I can kill them with button mashing and sub optimal amp. Are yall considering thumpers 'boss type' too? I mean we get those in NW as well.

You don't need a final blow to have a Thumper count either. This isn't about kill difficulty, it's about being given task credit when a squad kills the enemy, because only one spawns per mission.

It wouldn't be a big deal if they spawned in numerous amounts like the Eximus Nightwave task. This isn't the case though.

• Like 2

On 2023-07-10 at 2:28 PM, (PSN)Unstar said:

I don't think it has much to do with difficulty, but rather that they have a boss-style health UI, damage-gated phases, a custom arena, and are generally rationed to 1 per level.

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

You don't need a final blow to have a Thumper count either. This isn't about kill difficulty, it's about being given task credit when a squad kills the enemy, because only one spawns per mission.

It wouldn't be a big deal if they spawned in numerous amounts like the Eximus Nightwave task. This isn't the case though.

Fair enough. Though I feel like running a normal mode exterminate solo to find one doesn't seem like a big deal if you've gotten to the Zariman. Plus the whole "You can reach rank 30 NW without doing every challenge" thing. *shrug*

15 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Fair enough. Though I feel like running a normal mode exterminate solo to find one doesn't seem like a big deal if you've gotten to the Zariman. Plus the whole "You can reach rank 30 NW without doing every challenge" thing. *shrug*

It's not a big deal in isolation, but being punished for being in a squad is all over this game and really makes multiplayer feel like a disadvantage often. I'm not even talking about accidental issues like host migrations either. Various mission objectives, bounties, and enemy spawns scaling off squad size resulting in higher rewards/efficiency for specific squad sizes is the elephant in the room this issue falls under that addressing would do the playerbase a huge favor.

Multiplayer should be the most efficient method of completing something due to the availability of more tools, players, and weapons. However, everyone, no matter platform or squad size, should be playing the same mission with the same opportunity of progress.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1