Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unlocking Duviri Steel Path (Post Hotfix)

[DE]Megan

4 hours ago, Alphas said:

It would have been nice to have this information 3 days ago before people lost out on their Incarnon Adapters... especially considering this wasn't even a bug that needed to be addressed in a hotfix.  If it was addressed in a forum post then it could have been put in the news section or in red text as a periodic alert, not a forum post days after the fact.

We had this info 4 days ago in the hotfix. And was constantly asked about in QnA/Region chats (at least in ASIA/OCE) to the point that it become necessary to copy/paste the actual hotfix notes as an answer. If you missed all that after recognising a problem then it's on you.

• Like 1

So do I have this right:

If I want to play SP Circuit I now need to complete normal circuit for 1 round AND go fight the flying space turd? Ummm.... why? If I don't want the "Duviri Experience" then why should I "have to" play it? It's not my fault I despise this mess of a content island (no offense to any who love it, cause to each their own, but you can keep it).

DE would you please stop playing "hotfix bandaid" and actually go back and fix all the stuff you've swept under that rug? The pile is getting ridiculous...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KestrelsEclipse said:

So do I have this right:

If I want to play SP Circuit I now need to complete normal circuit for 1 round AND go fight the flying space turd? Ummm.... why? If I don't want the "Duviri Experience" then why should I "have to" play it? It's not my fault I despise this mess of a content island (no offense to any who love it, cause to each their own, but you can keep it).

DE would you please stop playing "hotfix bandaid" and actually go back and fix all the stuff you've swept under that rug? The pile is getting ridiculous...

It’s basically like the actual Steel Path you now need to do the normal to do the Steel Path pretty normal stuff do 1 normal round of Circuit and one lone story and it unlocks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, German said:

"sorry tenno, beeing legend 3, having completed duviri and all its content and having kullervo doesnt guarantee you have played duviri"

what?

Sorry Tenno,

Being Legendary 3 only shows that you have leveled a bunch of gear, and was achievable with a single Drifter weapon. Completing Duviri and farming 2 Kullervos and the shotgun can entirely be done in Standard Duviri Experience, which is already automatically counted as completed after doing the Duviri Quest.

So no, it does Not Guarantee that you have done Standard Lone Story and Circuit!

• Like 2

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Do_High_Go:

Sorry Tenno,

Being Legendary 3 only shows that you have leveled a bunch of gear, and was achievable with a single Drifter weapon. Completing Duviri and farming 2 Kullervos and the shotgun can entirely be done in Standard Duviri Experience, which is already automatically counted as completed after doing the Duviri Quest.

So no, it does Not Guarantee that you have done Standard Lone Story and Circuit!

It's the fact you have to do all 3 again to unlock SP. Surely they could just give SP access to people who have done everything in Duviri. I was just gonna get my incarnons for this week but honestly cba to do a 100th worm fight right now.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, (XBOX)I Nemesis lv said:

It’s basically like the actual Steel Path you now need to do the normal to do the Steel Path pretty normal stuff do 1 normal round of Circuit and one lone story and it unlocks. 

I get the premise and if Duviri had ever been like the normal star chart, I'd agree completely... that said, it isn't.

DE specifically presented Duviri as a "do what you want" game mode. To the point they actually broke it into 3 separate sections for those who just wanted circuit, story, or combo.

The addition of RNG for frames and weapons in SP mode also makes it nothing like the star chart. SP in normal gameplay is a chance to take the oceans of endo and credits you farmed, the hundreds of forma you've built, and the frames and gear you've min/maxed and test just how fast you can turn bullet sponges into Jackson Pollock paintings. It's a challenge... (sort of)

Duviri isn't the same. It's either "here is your war-god frame and gear" or "here is Hydroid and the intro weaponry" so you're either useful or a wet rag. I don't see any reason to lock that away from new players if they want to head in. Half the time I've bothered with Duviri I can have MR 5 players rocking a Mesa Prime while the Leg 1 player is trying to keep their Caliban from getting curb stomped. We know it's hit and miss and we know it's carry or be carried in there.

My contention is that DE, instead of fixing the issue as they should, just slapped a bandaid on it and - in the process - slapped their player base in the face. If you knew this was going to jank up circuit progression then hold the damn Hotfix until the week rotation starts at the least. It wasn't like people hadn't already been doing this for months without a problem.

I mean, I read DE's post on this and face-palmed so hard I left a mark and I don't really care about Duviri that much. Those that do... well I've heard plenty of rants on it.

I'm just asking for a little more common sense in applying their bug fixes. And I'd really like to see them put a pin in all the "new shiny" content and actually drill down on the thousands of bugs and problems still waiting to be fixed.

• Like 3

On 2023-07-11 at 11:14 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Hello!

If you’ve spent a lot of time in Duviri on the Steel Path, you may be having some issues accessing these nodes after our recent Hotfixes. This is due to a fix for players not earning Duviri Steel Path Trophies that caused more widespread issues than we anticipated.

In short, after Hotfix 33.5.6, you will have to go through additional steps to re-access Steel Path Duviri due to this bug fix. To help clear up any confusion, here is what needs to be done:

• Complete the Duviri Paradox Quest (if you haven’t already).

• Complete a minimum of one Stage of the Normal Path Circuit and extract.

As I've posted in multiple threads, this is not true.  You must complete the FULL Normal Path Circuit including ALL bonus/extra rounds after the final frame BP is awarded.

Completing just one Stage doesn't work.  Steel Path does NOT unlock.

• Like 1

4 часа назад, The_Android сказал:

As I've posted in multiple threads, this is not true.  You must complete the FULL Normal Path Circuit including ALL bonus/extra rounds after the final frame BP is awarded.

Post .6 hotfix I've played 1 round of regular Circuit, then full regular Lone Story => SP unlocked.

So, your statement is not true for me. There is no universal solution then?

5 hours ago, The_Android said:

24 minutes ago, bl1te said:

Post .6 hotfix I've played 1 round of regular Circuit, then full regular Lone Story => SP unlocked.

So, your statement is not true for me. There is no universal solution then?

For me: Per instructions,  I ran 1 round of normal/regular Circuit. It did not unlock Steel Path. I thought maybe I had to finish a second round in order for it to count the first as completed -- kinda the irritating way rewards and decrees work -- so I did 1 round plus 1 round and that... nope. Then I just said "screw it" and ran 10 rounds. That's 1. Plus 1+1. Plus 1+9 = Way more than 1. Followed by Lone Story, stages 1-6.

Now I'm not sure if it matters the order in which you redo everything, because DE hasn't been clear about that part. For example, complete Lone Story, stages 1-6, then do 1 round of Circuit -- I did it in reverse because I only cared about Circuit being open. But I couldn't even ask if anyone, in the massive threads about it, who still had Steel Path closed or was stuck could test that theory since apparently Xbox players are not allowed to comment in the PC section, even when it's about a major platform-wide issue, in a cross-play game, and is the only place getting attention.

• Like 1

For some reason I can't play the steel path in duviri anymore, since launch I can play it but this week it's blocked for me and in the interface it tells me to play normal mode first, I play it but the streel path is still blocked . :sad:

Edited by Mcdollan
  • Like 1

For some reason I can't play the steel path in duviri anymore, since launch I can play it but this week it's blocked for me and in the interface it tells me to play normal mode first, I play it but the streel path is still blocked . :sad:

Edited by Mcdollan

On 2023-07-13 at 12:38 AM, German said:

It's the fact you have to do all 3 again to unlock SP. Surely they could just give SP access to people who have done everything in Duviri. I was just gonna get my incarnons for this week but honestly cba to do a 100th worm fight right now.

Surely, but still having done 'everything' does not mean you have touched every game mode. I sucks, it gives "Should have finished that Circuit on Monday" vibe -_-

If it was really That important, it should have never been a Hotfix, should have been part of a mainline, it should have been part of the core update to begin with since surely there was so much thought put into it, right? But I guess 2 more weeks of "illegal" access to something that was already accessible for over a month was really a Huge issue it had to be haphazardly hotfixed mid week locking out big portion of eligible players .... the late post with steps that allegedly still do not work for all players also does not help...

• Like 1

When Duviri launched, Duviri's Steel Path didn't have requirements afaik.

Now, you have to complete each of Duviri's modes on Normal in order to play any of them on the Steel Path.

Clearing the quest counts for clearing The Duviri Experience, so you have to also clear The Circuit (at least 1 round) and The Lone Story (defeat the Orowyrm, then extract) in order to access The Steel Path.

18 hours ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

For me: Per instructions,  I ran 1 round of normal/regular Circuit. It did not unlock Steel Path. I thought maybe I had to finish a second round in order for it to count the first as completed -- kinda the irritating way rewards and decrees work -- so I did 1 round plus 1 round and that... nope. Then I just said "screw it" and ran 10 rounds. That's 1. Plus 1+1. Plus 1+9 = Way more than 1. Followed by Lone Story, stages 1-6.

Now I'm not sure if it matters the order in which you redo everything, because DE hasn't been clear about that part. For example, complete Lone Story, stages 1-6, then do 1 round of Circuit -- I did it in reverse because I only cared about Circuit being open. But I couldn't even ask if anyone, in the massive threads about it, who still had Steel Path closed or was stuck could test that theory since apparently Xbox players are not allowed to comment in the PC section, even when it's about a major platform-wide issue, in a cross-play game, and is the only place getting attention.

In my case I did the following:

1. Played one round of normal circuit.  No unlock.
  2. Played the Lone Story.  No unlock.
  3. Played *another* round of the Full Story (I've finished all I need to do of Duviri except buying decorations).  No unlock.
  4. Played all 10 rounds of the normal circuit.  No unlock.  (Grrrrr)
  5. Played the two extra rounds for the credits and endo of the normal circuit.  UNLOCKED!

• Like 1

So I had a similar issue, I think certain moods are not tracking correctly. I played all 3 nodes in Sorrow no unlock, did the lone story and circuit in fear no unlock, doing just the lone story in anger unlocked it I had done circuit the day before in anger. While I can no longer test this, if anyone still having problems could try perhaps we can find a solution.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Do_High_Go:

Surely, but still having done 'everything' does not mean you have touched every game mode. I sucks, it gives "Should have finished that Circuit on Monday" vibe -_-

If it was really That important, it should have never been a Hotfix, should have been part of a mainline, it should have been part of the core update to begin with since surely there was so much thought put into it, right? But I guess 2 more weeks of "illegal" access to something that was already accessible for over a month was really a Huge issue it had to be haphazardly hotfixed mid week locking out big portion of eligible players .... the late post with steps that allegedly still do not work for all players also does not help...

additionally i dont understand why we have to unlock sp duviri seperately from steel path anyway.. when you have steel path just let us go to duviri steel path, no extra unlock required.

• Like 2