Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any alternatives to Overframe that are kept updated?

Hexerin

Question

Overframe is okay for what it is, but half the content on the site is missing and/or outdated, and the site as a whole also just simply hasn't updated since Kullervo released (still no Wisp Prime, for example). Are there any alternatives that are actually kept updated?

9 answers to this question

Not that I am aware of. Thing about Overframe is that, well its Community influenced. Its a bit like asking that the entire community be faster and better about keeping updated. Well that or you could potentially request the site have a feature to sort or select from date ranges, so you can see more recent input. 

The other thing, at least how I see it, is if you are at the stage of Warframe, knowledge and experience, where something like Overframe is "too slow", or outpaced by updates, and new info... You probably know enough about the game, and its systems, mechanics, buffs, nerfs, to generally not need anything from Overframe, aside from pure curiosity about other peoples opinions. As in, you yourself are the better alternative, that can be up to date. Short of that, maybe the Wikia for more specific info (like they were updated pretty fast over Incarnon data, generally speaking) and then for more nuance and random info, the Forums maybe. 

ya, overframe has a big issue of outdated tier lists too imo, like how Yareli is the worst frame on there and garuda/grendel are also considered "B Tier" which is 2nd to the worst of the tiers, yet they should both easily be in A tier, just garuda's passive and 4th ability easily makes her a fantastic frame.

Garuda's passive +100% damage but from wiki 

• Damage appears to stack multiplicatively, even with other multiplicative sources such as Roar and faction damage mods.

garuda's 4th ability

Enemies damaged by the flying talons are marked with Garuda's symbol for 10 seconds. Attacking marked enemies with weapons and abilities grants a 75% chance to cause a DmgSlashSmall64 Slash Status Effect.

• Status chance is affected by Ability Strength, capped up to 100% status chance at 134% Ability Strength.
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

like how Yareli is the worst frame on there

To be fair, Yareli is a broken frame. I would toss her at the bottom of a tier list as well, since there's a random chance you just outright fail any mission you play her on (among a handful of other severe to critical issues she has).

55 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

To be fair, Yareli is a broken frame. I would toss her at the bottom of a tier list as well, since there's a random chance you just outright fail any mission you play her on (among a handful of other severe to critical issues she has).

i have used her quite a bit without issues like that. the only time something like that happened was when i was getting on merulina at the exact same time a lich grabbed me which made me immune to damage but also unable to do anything.  other than that i have had 0 issues bug wise with her.

Overframe is kept pretty up to date considering it doesn't make any Money.
if you want something that's faster parity with the game, you should expect to have to pay someone for the amount of work necessary for that. either you personally or many People as a Subscription.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

Garuda's passive +100% damage but from wiki 

• Damage appears to stack multiplicatively, even with other multiplicative sources such as Roar and faction damage mods.

garuda's 4th ability

Enemies damaged by the flying talons are marked with Garuda's symbol for 10 seconds. Attacking marked enemies with weapons and abilities grants a 75% chance to cause a DmgSlashSmall64 Slash Status Effect.

• Status chance is affected by Ability Strength, capped up to 100% status chance at 134% Ability Strength.

Two things that can amplify any weapon’s performance with her:inlove:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

"doesn't make any Money"

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Are there any alternatives that are actually kept updated?

As far as I know no, there is another one, but that one got left behind, due to some "novel" or so I can't recall, however as for Overframe as of so far it has been up to date somewhat, but the number of updates out for WF and since it's more of a passion project, rather than something to focus on, I won't expect them to keep it freshly updated bi-weekly or less. 

If you want an Alt, then try and look around, but most likely Overframe is the only one that is active right now, while I somewhat agree with tailat's statement here, people coughing up money to make something happen faster is downright stupid if you ask me but to be fair it is likely not gonna happen either, since the content and all that is legally owned by DE (and some other weird stuff), so I'm not sure if they can/want/ or allowed to make a profit from it.

So afraid you'll have to wait until its updated

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Are there any alternatives that are actually kept updated?

Youtubers sadly. I recommend https://www.youtube.com/@Aznvasions or https://www.youtube.com/@TheKengineer

Also I think you understand this wrong. Overframe is a just a tool, like a hammer. Lack of wips prime doesnt makee it outdated, you just make the same exact build as on normal Wisp because there is no difference. Similar with Fulmin. The difference is only for Gunseen, but you still make the same exact build on it as on normal one (shy of riven mod if you have one).

The tierlist and builds are more like popularity list, they havent been tested in any competitive envirments. Just because something is higher doesnt mean it is better, just more popular.

Edited by Zakkhar

3 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

As far as I know no, there is another one, but that one got left behind, due to some "novel" or so I can't recall

If you want an Alt, then try and look around, but most likely Overframe is the only one that is active right now, while I somewhat agree with tailat's statement here, people coughing up money to make something happen faster is downright stupid if you ask me but to be fair it is likely not gonna happen either, since the content and all that is legally owned by DE (and some other weird stuff), so I'm not sure if they can/want/ or allowed to make a profit from it.

WFbuilder was/is making even less Money, so that was leaning even more into "if you expect better than this, try helping this not cost me as much Money to run".
as a result it's kind've a good thing that the traffic to WFbuilder has gone down tremendously - that'll help reduce the Bills that Stoi pays for its continued existence while it provides him nothing but obligations he doesn't even really want.

providing a service related to Warframe doesn't mean you're profiting off of Digital Extremes' property. lest us forget that the major players in, say, Wiki's - are literally making a profit off of countless games and universes. 
because it isn't illegal to receive Revenue for providing an information service.
it would be another thing if it was information that was obtained in an unethical way, but that's separate from information as a whole.

Edited by taiiat