Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am so disappointed with all the nerfed Helminth abilities.

Traumtulpe

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

You claimed that there werent much of a difference between stripping armor with the operator or a skill. Yet it requires two completely different systems with different systems witht heir own rules and regulations etc.

There you go. You couldn't prove it, which means you either do not understand the difference between "same" and "similar", or you wilfully misrepresent what I say and then try to debate that misrepresentation. Sadly, this is nothing new with you.

Which isnt true either, since like I said the moment you use a helminth skill you also move further away from the baseline. Thus more diversity at the same time as you move closer towards another frame. Ontop of that the frame you place the helminth on will likely utilize the skill differently from the one it is innate to since it will be picked due to how it completes that specific kit.

On 2023-08-14 at 4:54 PM, SneakyErvin said:

All frames at that point would be similar.

Words in bold indicate you managed to pick up there is homogenization of frames, as I've stated. GG no re.

Gloom for instance on Garuda isnt used for the healing or slow, it is used in order to allow her infinite energy sustain. On other frames it is most often a heavy energy drain skill because you likely use it for both healing and slow.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Gloom is used for the slow and healing. The healing synergizes with Blood Letting. The infinite energy is a consequence of the synergy, provided there are enemies to damage.

• Like 6

haha nourish roar go absolutely brrrrrr

helminth system has its good, and obviously the bad. Because the concept itself is flawed in nature.

lets say today mirage no longer gives eclipse, rhino no longer gives you roar, or xaku no xata whisper, everyone is going to say "omg helminth many useless abilities, pointless imo".

If they give but kinda nerfed it (which is the middle ground imo), now for some reason, some still can say "why nerf it"...

but then if you give good abilities to the helminth and have no good abilities, you gonna get seva situation.

There is no great in-between for this very concept of giving an ability to one and another. The concept has its flaws needed to be dealt with.

Edited by Amolistic.

On 2023-08-07 at 8:17 PM, Traumtulpe said:

In a world where Gloom (permanent 95% slow and life steal) and Nourish (infinite energy, Viral damage buff, retaliation) exist, I can't understand why DE is pre-nerfing all these innocuous Helminth abilities

SHHHHH you are gonna make them nerf gloom !! its the only reason I can play some of my warframes in steelpath !!

On 2023-08-07 at 9:50 PM, (PSN)Unstar said:

my own armchair guess, but I'd hazard that Helminth Gloom correlates with a wider variety of frame usage, as it's an effective bandaid for a lot of issues players can have.

phew gloom is safe !

nio topic I partially blame Brozime, he made that one video complaining that roar was busted OP and that 100% everyone would subsume it after that video went out they said that roar was going to be diminished version, was it in reaction or some info they kept back ? anyway people still subsume the heck out of it ! I feel like if its good enough for Rhino it should be good enough for other frames !

but I am with you, they put some of the most lack luster same abilities into helminth, Citrine and voruna both put in energy, but nurish is in helminth and so is dispenser, how many different helminth abilities do we need that make energy ? and why are all these emergy skills diminished energy versions ?? we don't need more energy skills ! ! also stop making warframes that come with energy generation as a singular skill, there are loads of ways to make energy economy, taking away a skill slot is boring !

On 2023-08-07 at 8:42 PM, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

But I agree with the sentiment. I wish more helminth abilities got buffs at the very least. Speaking of decoy, Ive always thought it should mimic your abilities you cast,

I thought that it should get a diminished damage clone of your secondary weapon, it shoots stuff until it dies or runs out of ammo

19 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Words in bold indicate you managed to pick up there is homogenization of frames, as I've stated. GG no re.

You still ignore the part where the frame also moves away from the base version of it.

19 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Gloom is used for the slow and healing. The healing synergizes with Blood Letting. The infinite energy is a consequence of the synergy, provided there are enemies to damage.

Nope it isnt. Atleast not for me. And you know what that proves? Oh, oh, oh choices matter since they achieve completely different goals for us! Who wouda thunk dat?

If anything I would actually love for a Gloom nerf to both range and slow on the skill as helminth because I rarely use it to get the slow and the range just means drain comes into the picture realier in dense content and at a higher rate since the skill effects so many enemies at once.

14 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You still ignore the part where the frame also moves away from the base version of it.

Nope it isnt. Atleast not for me. And you know what that proves? Oh, oh, oh choices matter since they achieve completely different goals for us! Who wouda thunk dat?

If anything I would actually love for a Gloom nerf to both range and slow on the skill as helminth because I rarely use it to get the slow and the range just means drain comes into the picture realier in dense content and at a higher rate since the skill effects so many enemies at once.

You use it for the synergy. Without the synergy as a result of the healing, the Gloom + Blood Letting combo wouldn't enable the (conditional) infinite energy you speak of.

Saying "not for me" doesn't change facts. It only shows your skewed perception lacks basis in reality.

Jump In Death GIF

Edited by Silligoose
  • Like 2

On 2023-08-22 at 1:28 PM, Silligoose said:

You use it for the synergy. Without the synergy as a result of the healing, the Gloom + Blood Letting combo wouldn't enable the (conditional) infinite energy you speak of.

Saying "not for me" doesn't change facts. It only shows your skewed perception lacks basis in reality.

Jump In Death GIF

Of course it is for the synergy, but I wouldnt have used it on Garuda if it wasnt for how her third skill works to begin with. It also synergizes better with a ranged build compared to making little flesh sculptures all over. Prior to focusing on ranged on her I didnt use Gloom because I used her Blood Altar as a gap closer constantly. Which also shows that builds and choices do matter depending on how you actually wanna play.

Edited by SneakyErvin

It is no different with weapons. Instead of making the 90% of the junk weapons better it is easier to just nerf the good weapons into the ground. Like the kuva ogris, zarr and the bramma. But hey lets keep throwing harder critters out there and send hundreds and hundreds of them at you in a run. But lets rejoice they made the damage numbers so you can change the size of them. (cough) 

There is only 3 chair ones I use because most are a waste. Eclipse, Nourish and the one that lets you auto hack even in sortie/archons. What can I say I don't enjoy hacking consoles.

• Like 1