Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnon Adapters - Is Cavalero's market ever gonna refresh?

--UMBRA--MauVasconcellos

Question

I read somewhere that his wares shall remain forever locked on "Week 2", offering the same weapons (Gammacor, Boar, Gorgon, etc).

Why?

I wouldn't care to spend 120 plat per Incarno adapter. Not all players have free time on their hands to do endless circuit runs. Us older people (fathers and alike) barely got 1~2 hours available to play each week and grinding is officially NOT part of the routine when you're already dealing with work and family. Sometimes we just want to sit down and relax after a long day.

The decision to use money should be ours. It's that simple.

I hope you DEVs can give this a thought. Thank you.

• Like 4

17 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, MauVasconcellos said:

I read somewhere that his wares shall remain forever locked on "Week 2", offering the same weapons (Gammacor, Boar, Gorgon, etc).

Why?

I wouldn't care to spend 120 plat per Incarno adapter. Not all players have free time on their hands to do endless circuit runs. Us older people (fathers and alike) barely got 1~2 hours available to play each week and grinding is officially NOT part of the routine when you're already dealing with work and family. Sometimes we just want to sit down and relax after a long day.

The decision to use money should be ours. It's that simple.

I hope you DEVs can give this a thought. Thank you.

You read it incorrectly. Or whoever wrote whatever you read was hilariously misinformed. It's very clear how it works from the announcement description.

Also just to address: "The decision to use money should be ours."

The decision is still yours. It's never been taken away from you. But you can't buy milk from your post office either. You have to be given the option of where you can buy it from. After reading and understanding the announcement description hopefully that strange stance will subside.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

You read it incorrectly. Or whoever wrote whatever you read was hilariously misinformed. It's very clear how it works from the announcement description.

Also just to address: "The decision to use money should be ours."

The decision is still yours. It's never been taken away from you. But you can't buy milk from your post office either. You have to be given the option of where you can buy it from. After reading and understanding the announcement description hopefully that strange stance will subside.

So, how will  the Incarnon Market rotation work?

I haven't found that piece of information yet.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

With the least possible amount of effort, you will find it. That spy-glass symbol at the top of the page is a search function.

Well............ you could have helped a fellow player and just given me the straight answer, couldn't you? That is WHY I asked in the first place. And it seems the answer to my question was simple: "No. The market choices will remain the same." I just did not know where to look around here.

With that said, you get a B- for a half based answer. Thanks anyways.

• Like 3

to answer this properly:

New Incarnon Geneses Acquisition Method: Incarnon Market at Cavalero 
In addition to acquiring these new Incarnon Geneses via the Steel Path Circuit Rewards, they will also be available for purchase at Calavero with Platinum in the Incarnon Market starting the week they are available on the Circuit Reward path. 

As previously discussed on Devstream 172, the intention behind this experiment is to offer players the option to pay-to-skip should they desire, while ensuring that the free acquisition path is not prohibitive for players. Only these 5 new items will be available for Platinum via this experiment, and will become available following the Weekly Reset on July 30th.

the 5 new Items being Incarnon Adapters for Boar, Gammacor, Angstrum, Gorgon, and Anku

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime
  • Like 4

MR33 here but I gave up circuit mode for the third week as it's too unstable so so far I have two and a half weeks of progress ignored by me. It's horrible to play 30~60 minutes to reach 50% circuit mode bar and get stuck in a scene change or host migration, exit the mission and see that the progress has not been added to the account.

My tip is that if you intend to play circuit mode in a random squad, give preference to being the host, choose a smart frame and face your teammates as ghosts who occasionally help speed up the mission and can also leave disconect/mission.

Edited by Famecans

41 minutes ago, MauVasconcellos said:

Well............ you could have helped a fellow player and just given me the straight answer, couldn't you? That is WHY I asked in the first place. And it seems the answer to my question was simple: "No. The market choices will remain the same." I just did not know where to look around here.

With that said, you get a B- for a half based answer. Thanks anyways.

DE hasn't ruled out  an eventual expansion of the Incarnon Market.  Personally, I think they will add brand new adapters there for the same reason they gave for the last batch.  Less certain, but I also think they add the older ones too, sooner or later. 

Those are just my guesses though.  It could be they decide the plat sales aren't worth the loss in players grinding for Circuit points and clamps.

11 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

DE hasn't ruled out  an eventual expansion of the Incarnon Market.  Personally, I think they will add brand new adapters there for the same reason they gave for the last batch.  Less certain, but I also think they add the older ones too, sooner or later. 

Those are just my guesses though.  It could be they decide the plat sales aren't worth the loss in players grinding for Circuit points and clamps.

Let's hope they keep on with the expansion, then.

As I mentioned  before, I am just but one case of a player who has not gotten time to grind and earn all the specific items the game asks you to. I just want to sit down and enjoy a full game experience, and, if I can pay for that, why not? It is my choice, after all. 

Besides, one does not need to purchase all the Incarnon adapters available each week. Youtube is available so we can watch reviews of said weapons, in order to help us guide our decisions wether to purchase one, or two, or all, or none at all. Its a win-win situation for DE and the streamers alike.

5 minutes ago, MauVasconcellos said:

Let's hope they keep on with the expansion, then.

As I mentioned  before, I am just but one case of a player who has not gotten time to grind and earn all the specific items the game asks you to. I just want to sit down and enjoy a full game experience, and, if I can pay for that, why not? It is my choice, after all. 

Besides, one does not need to purchase all the Incarnon adapters available each week. Youtube is available so we can watch reviews of said weapons, in order to help us guide our decisions wether to purchase one, or two, or all, or none at all. Its a win-win situation for DE and the streamers alike.

Like I said, I expect it to happen, but I'm skeptical they look at it as an obvious slam dunk win-win.  I can't do more than speculate at their reasoning for not monetizing everything, but the fact is they've never done so.  There is a self-interested calculus going on there.  Ultimately I'm sure a lot of the factors are tied up with what they think drives player retention and return in the long run.  Of course those decisions my cost them individual players like you maybe.  But successfully or not, they'll be trying to predict aggregate effects. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Like I said, I expect it to happen, but I'm skeptical they look at it as an obvious slam dunk win-win.  I can't do more than speculate at their reasoning for not monetizing everything, but the fact is they've never done so.  There is a self-interested calculus going on there.  Ultimately I'm sure a lot of the factors are tied up with what they think drives player retention and return in the long run.  Of course those decisions my cost them individual players like you maybe.  But successfully or not, they'll be trying to predict aggregate effects. 

Very true.

I just hope they can weigh the balance, trying to offer the best of their game to all types of players, ranging from the hardcore day-to-day Tenno, all the way to the elusive tourist like myself, who's been around since early 2015, but still hasn't reached even the 900 days mileage at the log-in screen due to life responsabilities.

Thanks for replying, mate. :) 

I don't get this dumb decision on DE's part. Why put in a market when it doesn't rotate? It almost seems like the market has been put there for that one sorry individual that missed out on the rotation and has the connection to get a market for plat in there. It should have been tough luck, if it doesn't rotate.

29 minutes ago, Symbiont said:

I don't get this dumb decision on DE's part. Why put in a market when it doesn't rotate?

My guess is they wanted a good mix of players in Circuit on most weeks, and not just those who were unwilling to spend plat.    But they didn't say that, and as always I could be completely off base.

Even if I'm right, there are a few other things that strike me as odd about it.