The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arthur and Excalibur and the fantasy of warframe with famous tales

CosoMalvadoNG

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx_X-6iDiHWz2Xy9WUrn1caPvbL-bFels3?si=U4fBgHftXcq83WQK

In the demo that DE showed in tennolive2023 we see a guy named Arthur with the Excalibur armor which is a allegorie to Arthur of the round table carrying Legendary Sword Excalibur.

We have seen similar allegories before at certain points in the history of Warframe... which one is your favourite?

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
misspellings
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tanta Cinta said:

I just want to say that the demo was not something I would ever expect to come out of warframe ever, and my mind is literally obliterated.

I know right, I was too busy being distracted by the DOOM style "Murmur" thing (Murmur means time right? I assume so because the place is covered in sand, and the enemies turn to sand)

Then DE sneaks behind me with a baseball bat and at that point I have no idea what's going on anymore.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I know right, I was too busy being distracted by the DOOM style "Murmur" thing (Murmur means time right? I assume so because the place is covered in sand, and the enemies turn to sand)

Then DE sneaks behind me with a baseball bat and at that point I have no idea what's going on anymore.

I'm still trying to process the fact that we basically just witnessed Hayden Tenno slaughter some computer amalgamations and then get grinned at by Albrecht Entrati and his Orokin cat. 

Now I'm sitting here wondering what the significance is with 1999. For this entire game's life, I never thought I'd ever see hints of our modern times in the game. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Arthur is Excalibur, Aoi is Mag... Maybe a Volt somewhere else.

So did Albrecht lie about not taking Kuva... "last skin I will be in"

Well, somehow. Albrecht got one of Wally's fingers. It's possible he made some sort of deal or pact with it.

Possibly giving himself up to it, in exchange for a finger?

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Tanta Cinta said:

I'm still trying to process the fact that we basically just witnessed Hayden Tenno slaughter some computer amalgamations and then get grinned at by Albrecht Entrati and his Orokin cat. 

Now I'm sitting here wondering what the significance is with 1999. For this entire game's life, I never thought I'd ever see hints of our modern times in the game. 

Hazard a guess, Warframe's earliest conception in any form may have been 1999. But there's on way to really verify that without DE themselves saying what the number represents.

Edited by Zahnny

14 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

"Murmur" thing (Murmur means time right?

"Murmur" if thats the right syntax, I assume comes from the french "murmure" which means to whisper.

Just a reference here to a film for the context: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Homme_qui_murmurait_à_l'oreille_des_chevaux and oddly that movie was in 1998 xD

I think its related to how the void "speak" to us, I dont know the words in english for these sounds we hear across the Zariman and inside caves of duviri.

Also is it me or did they add the "happy new year" in there??

Edited by Krilexis
spelling

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Tanta Cinta said:

A lot of sci-fi series (well, mostly Star Trek) had sections in the 20th century, it seems Warframe isn't safe from it either.

Just now, Krilexis said:

"Murmur" if thats the right syntax, I assume comes from the french "murmure" which means to whsiper.

Just a reference here to a film for the context: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Homme_qui_murmurait_à_l'oreille_des_chevaux and oddly that movie was in 1998 xD

I think its related to how the void "speak" to us, I dont know the words in english for these sounds we hear across the Zariman and inside caves of duviri

ah, my bad. I made the assumption it must be related to time, since Sand is often used as a metaphor for Time.

This could be stretching things, but I don't think it's entirely out of the question 1999 may be referring to a Y2K problem happening canonically in the Warframe Universe.

Everyone expected computers to malfunction at the turn of the millenia.

Infested Computer amalgamations are attacking people. Party balloons all around like there was a huge celebration but nobody is around?

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tanta Cinta said:

Given the association with new year's day and the PA mentioning that the ticket machines were down, I imagine they picked the year in reference to the Y2K bug, and all the hysteria that surrounded it..

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Infested Computer amalgamations are attacking people. Party balloons all around like there was a huge celebration but nobody is around?

Of course there are balloons everywhere, it’s 31st of December. And there isn’t anybody because no one will stay in the metro station while it’s attacked by walking computers 

5 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Given the association with new year's day and the PA mentioning that the ticket machines were down, I imagine they picked the year in reference to the Y2K bug, and all the hysteria that surrounded it..

Y2K shouldn't have any correlation with Warframe, the Orokin, the Tenno, or anything at all in our universe. 

The only way this makes sense is if they're introducing alternate realities which seems like exactly what they're doing.

If would be really funny if all the lore we know about the Orokin Empire was all just kickstarted by Y2K 🤣

Edited by (XBOX)Tanta Cinta
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tanta Cinta said:

Y2K shouldn't have any correlation with Warframe, the Orokin, the Tenno, or anything at all in our universe. 

The only way this makes sense is if they're introducing alternate realities which seems like exactly what they're doing.

If would be really funny if all the lore we know about the Orokin Empire was all just kickstarted by Y2K 🤣

Something I noticed while watching is the Computer things were using Infested Animations.

I thought maybe this was just placeholder or something, but it might actually be deliberate.

The Infested is known as the Technocyte Virus. A virus that can incorporate Organic and Inorganic material.

Is Y2K the source of the Technocyte Virus? And we're just witnessing an extremely primitive version of it?

1 minute ago, Zahnny said:

Something I noticed while watching is the Computer things were using Infested Animations.

I thought maybe this was just placeholder or something, but it might actually be deliberate.

The Infested is known as the Technocyte Virus. A virus that can incorporate Organic and Inorganic material.

Is Y2K the source of the Technocyte Virus? And we're just witnessing an extremely primitive version of it?

The theory and conspiracy races begin!

I'm guessing i'm not the only one to spot this but AOI is mag. You can hear her casting abilities when talking over the intercom.

Also little thing that i'm guessing everyone is confused about. But let me get this straight; Warframes are humans that have had their boddies injected with the infestation and a transference bolt. Their bodies are malformed and twisted into living metal. Underneath their "skin" little human remains. (e.g Umbra still had non functional eyes under his carapace.) They are also dead or exhibit little to no lifespans. They are just human flesh mechs.

So how the hell is some guy wearing the skin of a warframe? is he a warframe? What is going on.

Edited by (XBOX)Itz2Cat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Itz2Cat said:

So how the hell is some guy wearing the skin of a warframe? is he a warframe? What is going on.

Who knows man. In our universe Excalibur Umbra was the first experimental warframe before Ballas brought the strain to production. There are so many ways to take in and try to make sense of the demo, but the only way I can process it is that Arthur could be a time-traveling orokin-era man who was injected with the strain to become Excalibur and sent back in time to prevent something (I guess Y2K).

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tanta Cinta said:

Who knows man. In our universe Excalibur Umbra was the first experimental warframe before Ballas brought the strain to production. There are so many ways to take in and try to make sense of the demo, but the only way I can process it is that Arthur could be a time-traveling orokin-era man who was injected with the strain to become Excalibur and sent back in time to prevent something (I guess Y2K).

At the end of the day, i think this is such a strange and interesting looking concept. I feel like it could go real goofy real quick. and i don't like the idea of that.

Also with all respect, i hope that you're theory isn't true. The idea of his whole body being mangled and just leaving his head all handsome is really goofy. But you never know.

Again, i think this has a lot of potential.