Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need another source of Archon Shards and/or a Garrison revamp

KitMeHarder

I'll be blunt, with the current amount of Archon shards we have, it will take almost exactly 2 years to finish fully slotting all the frames I regularly/semi-regularly use... with normal shards... And Archon shards have already been in the game for almost 12 months. (With ~8 new frames likely being added in those 2 years, potentially needing to be slotted as well.)

This is Umbral Forma all over again. Except with those, 90% of the builds that wanted them could get by with just putting on a sh*t ton of regular forma and polarizing every slot. But even then, that problem was in the game for almost 2 years until Teshin started bringing them, and now IMO we're at a "good enough" spot.

So (not even factoring Tau forged) if we can't get a new source of Archon Shards, IMO Garrison needs to change in one of two ways...

• Every week, we can buy as many shards of that color as we want. That way if we no longer need a color like blue, we can save that week's Stock to buy another yellow in a later rotation.
  • Or, every week brings one shard of each color. This is just a different way of letting us pick which shard we want, so we're not forced into a shard we may not even need (if it can't be Tau forged).

And of course, if the Garrison can somehow help with the lack of Tau forged shards as well, that'd be the cherry on top.

Edited by KitMeHarder
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Let Kahl's content die and move the Shards to a more interesting game mode / function.

I agree, I have no love for Kahl's missions. But I don't see DE removing them. And so long as they're a source of shards, people who enjoy the game the way I do are strongarmed into this content. 2 years is already a long time, and that'd turn into something like 4 years without Kahl.

The best option would be to optionally subvert the need to do the missions, (i.e.) letting players buy the 105 weekly Stock with a select resources like sentient cores. That way players have a choice, while both methods are maintained (and development efforts aren't wasted), just like fishing and Thumper hunting.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Let Kahl's content die and move the Shards to a more interesting game mode / function.

At the very least, a hardcore Archon Hunt where you face all 3 (at once or in succession) that would reward you with 3 Shards would be a great start.

Nah I think theres a better solution (short on time, energy and sleep so might not be as well thought out as I want it to be, will come back to this). Opening up the archon shards to multiple sources that contribute to the same cap so you have choice of how you do it (and I'm confident we will have other sources of shards eventually too). I have alot of ideas I need to think through first that I intend to post to try improve kaahls systems, but for now to put it simply I think it should be seperated into a couple categories, the current kahl missions, procedural kaahl missions more akin to regular warframe missions that are themed around kahls mission tiles or something that requires your warframe. I like kaahl and dont want him to go, I think his systems need a bit of improvement to be truly great, though I can understand that because of how different it is some might not be inclined to partake in kaahls missions so I feel choice is the best option. With these 3 categories they should all contribute to the same point cap for the store so players have choice as to how they get it but the cap shouldn't exceed the total earnable from 2 of them(i think this might even still be a bit high and only having the reward for any one of them you do to full completion or a mixed bag, like no extra side missions in garrison but complete the mission once for half the points, do a warframe mission from the rest), so as to not promote doing it all for best rewards. 

18 hours ago, (PSN)hazelmantis3 said:

I would like to see a shard that could increase movement speed that would be rad!

I'd like this too. It actually was listed as one of the Archon Shard options when they first revealed the feature, but then it got changed to a parkour bonus instead. Feels bad man.

I'd also like to see a shard bonus for ability range.

Edited by SteveCutler

13 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

I'd also like to see a shard bonus for ability range.

That's not going to happen. Can you imagine a fully decked-out tauforged +15% ability range archon shards (+75% total) equipped nuker would bring to the already on-life support game balance?

Archon shards are already game-breaking as it is. I am starting to believe the very limited acquisition is intentional to prevent it from spiraling out of control which will lead to nerfs. We all know how Warframe players react to nerfs.

Unlike umbral forma, you can unequip the archon shards on your unused frames and move them to your regularly used frames. 

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

That's not going to happen. Can you imagine a fully decked-out tauforged +15% ability range archon shards (+75% total) equipped nuker would bring to the already on-life support game balance?

They could cap range at its current maximum, if they don't want players to go any higher. I just want to be able to get it from Archon Shards to have more build flexibility.