Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

was there ever any discussions about a modular warframe ?

_Anise_

they have modular weapons, there are modular companions, they talked about wanting to do modular archwing did they ever talk about modular warframes ?

I think it would be kinda cool todo a warframe from the ground up getting to choose its passive and what 4 abilities get slotted into it as well as getting different cosmetics like gender helmet etc

52 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

Was there ever any discussions about a modular warframe ?

In the Forums yes, many times players have brought up the subject but the conversation dies just as quick as it starts.

53 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

did they ever talk about modular warframes ?

By "They" if you mean the Devs, no, the whole idea of a Modular Warframe would require an immense effort to make and balance, it would also hurt the lore as each frame was at some point an individual who went through the Helminth process to become a frame, the idea of tearing up individuals to make a Frankenstein monster (Modular Frame) doesnt sound right.

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

I think it would be kinda cool todo a warframe from the ground up getting to choose its passive and what 4 abilities get slotted into it as well as getting different cosmetics like gender helmet etc

Wile it sounds cool on paper, getting something like this into the game would be a mess, also it would probably be extremely overpowered and could make any frame made in the succession redundant depending on the combination of abilities you're allowed to make.

29 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

By "They" if you mean the Devs, no, the whole idea of a Modular Warframe would require an immense effort to make and balance, it would also hurt the lore as each frame was at some point an individual who went through the Helminth process to become a frame, the idea of tearing up individuals to make a Frankenstein monster (Modular Frame) doesnt sound right.

Wile it sounds cool on paper, getting something like this into the game would be a mess, also it would probably be extremely overpowered and could make any frame made in the succession redundant depending on the combination of abilities you're allowed to make.

I think it would only really work in something like warframe 1999 (something like a pre-warframe concept, it is a guy wearing a suit this time after all, so to simplify it he could just be picking up pieces and adding to his suit, hey I found an ember helmet, that coincidentally burns my enemies now), but at the same time it feels like it would be too special to limit it to that. 

And also agree about the difficulty to balance, though if it were built for a specific mode, like 1999, then I could see it being far easier to balance and make work. 

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

also it would probably be extremely overpowered

when did DE / warframe care about balance ? we have warframes that are already able to hit the damage cap, so what is considered overpowered ? dealing twice and much and still hitting the same cap ?

could be talking about broken ability combos on existing skills? I wasn't contemplating players mix and match whatever abilities they like from any existing warframes but more having a limited curated pool of new abilities per slot so it could be completely and easily balanced.

the other point being brought up is lore, wasn't Zanuka made out of spliced together warframe parts ? it doesn't have to be orokin in origin, so not reason why something new/similar couldn't exist in lore if they really wanted?