Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

DE got what they asked for with this sh*tstorm, dividing their own community even more, people insulting each other because opinions are clashing and so on... the same damn thing happened years ago with other bundles.. sad to see the same happening again in 2023 after the "lessons learned" from the past.. anyway almost 50 pages of people asking for the same things DE.. i think it's time to give the people what they want and deserve.

(also please do something about people being just utterly disrespectful..)

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Lol, lmao even. This is the worst take possible.

Warframe is a F2P game that frequently releases updates that are comparable to AAA titles in scale and quality. The game has 10 years of content for you to enjoy completely free with one of the fairest f2p systems on the gaming market. Are you saying that this game cannot sell bundles for people who want to support future development of this game with a AAA price tag? 

Wake up.

when its not worth it, yes. 

• Like 2

The argument here, seems to be, the skins only, most people agree that plat is a trading/selling currency in the game, and can be farmed, this bundle is mostly for new players, veterans dont get much out of it, it seems to me this was a suggestion from Tencent, and DE just went with it, personally i think the bundle should have all of this sure, but they coulda gone with separate choices, for people who just want the skins(yes the veterans im thinking about y'all).

3 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

DE Team its clear this post lost its purpose and its now a collection of members that are divided thanks to your choices as a dev.

Can we have a mod closing this threat

6 minutes ago, Okayane said:

(also please do something about people being just utterly disrespectful..)

lol ^

6 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

Man, companies be salivating at the mere thought of absolute buffoons like you

Dark, why don't you just ignore him? 

42 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

buying slots is a choice not a necessity,

i buy slots because i need it, i like some weapons and i like some frames, ofc it's a necessity, in fact it's the only mandatory(almost) to have in warframe, and it's always worth your plat to buy more slots, oh nvm you're playstation.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Are you serious here? I'm now more valuate then founders... I'm still here, spending my money... after 10 years!

Well, yes, some of us are still here. So if I buy this package I'll now be double prestigous?

Reality is, the 10 Year Support badge means nothing because anyone can have it as long as they buy the package. So a 1 day old account that bought it is as prestigous as you are.

Founder badges, the True Master badge you can buy from the shop if you are MR30+.. that is what prestigous looks like.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by wodanclay
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

It's only fomo if you really want it. And if you really want it you'll get it. But you have the choice of not getting it. 

Are you going to tell a gambling addict he has a choice, are you going to tell the guy who smokes every 30 mins, he has a choice, FOMO is a commonly tactic even before the internet existed, just go back to the telemarkets ads of the 80's.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

I'm in the complaining side but still its no good when people get all personal and angry bashing others just because.

Then mods should moderate. Locking the thread would probably be the most inflammatory thing DE/moderation could do right now.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Xkorpitron said:

i buy slots because i need it, i like some weapons and i like some frames, ofc it's a necessity, in fact it's the only mandatory(almost) to have in warframe, and it's always worth your plat to buy more slots, oh nvm you're playstation.

And what's happening with all the weapons you never use that are collecting dust and more importantly, taking up a slot?

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

Then mods should moderate. Locking the thread would probably be the most inflammatory thing DE/moderation could do right now.

Yeah. Some posts, perhaps even a couple of my own, probably should be removed, but locking the thread entirely would most certainly do more harm than good at the moment.

Edited by Lionsheart89
  • Like 1

il y a 9 minutes, wodanclay a dit :

Well, yes, some of us are still here. So if I buy this package I'll now be double prestigous?

Reality is, the 10 Year Support badge means nothing because anyone can have it as long as they buy the package. So a 1 day old account that bought it is as prestigous as you are.

Founder badges, the True Master badge you can buy from the shop if you are MR30+.. that is what prestigous looks like.

Edit: Spelling

I refuse to believe that guy is serious, he's just a dedicated troll, the needs to feel special because he bought something is so strong in him, that's kinda sad

• Like 5

1 minute ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

And what's happening with all the weapons you never use that are collecting dust and more importantly, taking up a slot?

in case i wanna use them again, im assuming when you buy your cooking materials, you buy them in bulks right, same thing here, i buy slots, cuz i like the weapons i use, same way i buy kitchen/cooking materials, to use them when i need or when i feel i like to try something new or refreshing, what's it to you, if they're collecting dust, doesnt bother me, why should it bother you, if you asked?

• Like 3

Followed a link on my Facebook feed to this thread, and as a veteran who had to walk away from the game for exactly this reason I feel like it is important to voice my thoughts here.

This game used to be what I considered to be the ideal model for free-to-play, and I consistently dumped what I would say is too much money for any game, into this one. I was more or less happy to do it knowing the money went toward a game I found quite enjoyable and a community that is unique in the industry (being a Tenno is a whole thing and I love it.)

That all said, I literally put this game down because of the FOMO practices being implemented by Digital Extremes and these heirloom collections just take the cake. Years ago content creators started dropping off and that should have been the first sign that the direction Warframe was moving was not going to be friendly to veteran players. I remember Shy moving away as a pretty big red flag and I still chose to play for years following that.

The heirloom collection is supposed to be a celebration of 10 years of this game, but by repeating these predatory FOMO practices you're sort of de-valuing your own attempt to celebrate the legacy of this game. It seems like a bit of a red flag that you expect players to stick around but cosmetics intended as a celebration of those players (new players obviously haven't played for ten years) will be limited time only.

To address the point of "fairness" for people who thought it would be limited time: it is very flawed logic to assume you should not fix a problem because it doesn't seem fair to those who already suffered from it. I hope Digital Extremes will consider this moving forward as it becomes obvious that player engagement is also moving into the realm of "limited time before they're gone."

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, FireOox314 said:

I refuse to believe that guy is serious, he's just a dedicated troll, the needs to feel special because he bought something is so strong in him, that's kinda sad

i mean he's not wrong, he has a point thou, if you intentions is to show off, the 10 year badge and how you bought the 80 dollar bundle, that's an L imo and you're a loser if you go with that mindset of buying to show off a pixel badge, and yeah, it means nothing.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Xkorpitron said:

Are you going to tell a gambling addict he has a choice, are you going to tell the guy who smokes every 30 mins, he has a choice, FOMO is a commonly tactic even before the internet existed, just go back to the telemarkets ads of the 80's.

Your 2 examples are related to each other, but unrelated to FOMO.

Both Gambling Addiction and Smoking can be seperately linked back to Dopamine production. FOMO has nothing to do with that as it's instead part of the innate need for connection between humans. As such, Gambling and Smoking Addictions are officially recognised as Psychological Conditions, FOMO is not. Because it simply isn't one.

On 2023-08-30 at 8:31 PM, THeMooN85 said:

Add forum icon, just like founders got theirs, we want ours!

and this^ at the end of the day, people want to feel special in some place, they wanna be the cool kids in the block, i think adding a "badge" on how you bought the 80 dollar bundle feels like a L to me, but yeah, losers will be losers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CrypticMonarch said:

How else do you expect them to make money then? They already let you trade the in game currency meaning technically, you can make insane fashion frames without spending a dime. From any other free to play game, Warfame has done the most to show they are not at all greedy and they think about the players.

All tradeable Plat had to be bought by someone.  If the amount of Platinum in circulation is so high that sales are down (because everyone can just trade for what they need) then I would think the solution would be to add more items that pull Plat out of circulation, like deluxe skins do.  If these skins had been available for a large amount of Plat then they'd pull Plat out of circulation and increase the need for people to buy Platinum.  Instead DE has gone with trying to address feedback by injecting more Plat into the economy which will be traded back and forth and further discourage Platinum purchasing.

• Like 9

à l’instant, Xkorpitron a dit :

i mean he's not wrong, he has a point thou, if you intentions is to show off, the 10 year badge and how you bought the 80 dollar bundle, that's an L imo and you're a loser if you go with that mindset of buying to show off a pixel badge, and yeah, it means nothing.

Exactly, the fervour that shows in his messages talking about heirloom owner being as valuable as founder is concerning, such stupidity cannot be a thing surely, so he's a troll

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Your 2 examples are related to each other, but unrelated to FOMO.

Both Gambling Addiction and Smoking can be seperately linked back to Dopamine production. FOMO has nothing to do with that as it's instead part of the innate need for connection between humans. As such, Gambling and Smoking Addictions are officially recognised as Psychological Conditions, FOMO is not. Because it simply isn't one.

i want you to explain to me, why are most videogames nowadays have pre order bonus limited editions.... and most times they keep doing it, and explain to me why they keep doing it...is it because it works and touches people's FOMO into feeling more valued as a customer.

• Like 6