Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

10 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Interesting way of looking at it, I might end up doing the same as you, but I'm gonna hold off, just a wee bit longer to see what the new pack (the Whipser thingy pack) grants and see from there. 

Forgot who but someone did make a very good point about treating the pack like a collector's thing and in the sense this supports the artists behind it, not the greedy corp <Shrug>, what still amasses me is the WKs in this thread, they can keyboard warrior but in an actual standoff, they'll tuck their tails and run away.

Also I love the name

Yeah, if this is a large-scale tennogen skin where when you buy, it supports the artists behind it I would understand the price more and its model, and I value direct works from artists. It's inconvenient to buy tennogen items by using money all the time, instead of plat but that's that.

I just hope the next Heirloom, if there is one is implemented way better than this and DE keeps their word.  Appearance-wise I have no complaints with the skins, the extra stuff Frost and Mag are wearing and the starry/flowing fluid in glass look screams "space-ninja" to a tee. Especially Frost who still resembles his original design. If others like Volt, Ember, etc. have similar designs that seems interesting and fun to think about.

Also, are you talking about my username?

2 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Also, are you talking about my username?

Yes

2 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Yeah, if this is a large-scale tennogen skin where when you buy, it supports the artists behind it I would understand the price more and its model, and I value direct works from artists. It's inconvenient to buy tennogen items by using money all the time, instead of plat but that's that.

If it was something like this, then I'd porb have gotten it in a heartbeat, regardless of the price since a certain cut will go towards that person. But sadly this isn't the case but yes I do agree with that too, I value direct works from artists as well.

4 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

I just hope the next Heirloom, if there is one is implemented way better than this and DE keeps their word. 

They won't, corps like DE never do.

5 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Appearance-wise I have no complaints with the skins, the extra stuff Frost and Mag are wearing and the starry/flowing fluid in glass look screams "space-ninja" to a tee. Especially Frost who still resembles his original design. If others like Volt, Ember, etc. have similar designs that seems interesting and fun to think about.

Mhm, I agree and it's why I want to grab it, the Extra plat is always great to have, and the Ayra stuff, meh I don't need it, but who knows maybe I will someday, so haveing it in my pocket is kinda nice and the skins, I used to main Mag and Forst I never played but that's cuz most of his skins suck, but this one, is just "Kiss"

And if Forst does get his rework, it's just an overall win-win.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

They won't, corps like DE never do.

I'm skeptical as well, to the point I can't help but think that if Heirloom comes back, it could be the same, or they won't launch it at all thanks to what just happened. I just hope it doesn't turn into a blame game and the detractors get blamed for getting outraged at what is a legit reason if the latter happens.

7 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Mhm, I agree and it's why I want to grab it, the Extra plat is always great to have, and the Ayra stuff, meh I don't need it, but who knows maybe I will someday, so haveing it in my pocket is kinda nice and the skins, I used to main Mag and Forst I never played but that's cuz most of his skins suck, but this one, is just "Kiss"

And if Forst does get his rework, it's just an overall win-win.

I'm a fan of things elemental and in games I tend to nab the elemental stuff, so Frost is already good in my book, and I admit I'm kinda neglecting Mag compared to the four I keep mentioning on the forums, honestly. But he, (and maybe others) getting a rework or minor touch-ups is also always welcome. That's why if there are future heirloom packs, I look into Volt, Ember, and Saryn the most.

13 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yes

Glad ya liked it! It's sort of an inside joke/thing going on with a friend involving something from what we wrote purely for fun before, I got attached to it in particular. Twisted some things which resulted in this username, which I think went nicely after that. Saint and Protector of Diners, Stafel Goddard Lund, your legacy lives on! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stafelund said:

I'm skeptical as well, to the point I can't help but think that if Heirloom comes back, it could be the same, or they won't launch it at all thanks to what just happened. I just hope it doesn't turn into a blame game and the detractors get blamed for getting outraged at what is a legit reason if the latter happens.

Eh, it's a little late for that, people will do the blame game, hell this blew up quite a bit but not as hard as the carrier Nerf but if it happens again, I doute people will be as polite this time around.

But we'll just have to see

I'm a fan of things elemental and in games I tend to nab the elemental stuff, so Frost is already good in my book, and I admit I'm kinda neglecting Mag compared to the four I keep mentioning on the forums, honestly. But he, (and maybe others) getting a rework or minor touch-ups is also always welcome. That's why if there are future heirloom packs, I look into Volt, Ember, and Saryn the most.

If there is ever a future heirloom pack and we get a Kullervo, Voruna or Wisp, I'm buying it, no questions asked xD

Glad ya liked it! It's sort of an inside joke/thing going on with a friend involving something from what we wrote purely for fun before, I got attached to it in particular. Twisted some things which resulted in this username, which I think went nicely after that. Saint and Protector of Diners, Stafel Goddard Lund, your legacy lives on! 

Nice!

The story behind my name is a big reference to XCOM and some people over voice chat call "Psi" and "Pie" and that just makes me laugh and cringe at the same time

• Like 1

Nearly 100+ pages later, DE is still gonna plug their ears.
Wretched, but that's money for ya! Corrupts all you love, perverts all you could have and twists every whim into a sick version of itself.
All in the name of "profit". We may be Tenno, but you sure do have some Corpus ideals in ya, huh?

Hope you managed to weasel a few clauses of your own when dealing with Mammon, seeing as you're playing a dangerous game-- Tennocent.

Anyway, since it's bumped...

17 hours ago, Stafelund said:

Except the Nyx armor thing that came with Frost and Mag, that can wait and I don't find it appealing.

The Targis Prime Armor set?
That's one of the best ones, actually. Fits on a lot of sets and works just as well as the Saturn Six Armor set I'd say.

Arguably one of the best Prime Accessories to get.
Still doesn't excuse needing to shove the Regal Aya into the pack. If I wanted it before? I'd GET it.

16 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

but I'm gonna hold off, just a wee bit longer to see what the new pack (the Whipser thingy pack) grants and see from there. 

Betting 200 plat that it's gonna have more FOMO-Exclusives.
Bonus 100 plat if they really repeat their mistakes and add multiple tiers.
All with the stuff you want being locked to the pack with the most garbage you don't want!
But I ain't gonna bet plat on the update being frustratingly buggy and borderline unplayable. That's just a free-space on a Bingo card and would be kinda cheating in a way.

16 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Forgot who but someone did make a very good point about treating the pack like a collector's thing and in the sense this supports the artists behind it, not the greedy corp

You can do that without being greedy, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

What this reeks of is the Mobile Gaming scene.
And despite everything, it's now such the norm that facebook moms dropping 90$ in a game JUST to boost the 2 minute timer of their glorified cookie clicker is a reality. Welcome to 2023, nearly 2024. Are we satisfied yet?
Shelling out this kinda money would've been sinful to a fault just a handful of years back.
As far as I'm aware, we don't exactly know if the artists are getting paid by the sale.
They probably got commissioned for the assets themselves and than shipped them to DE, provided they're not made in-studio anyway that is.

It's not like Tennogen where you can DIRECTLY see which user you're contributing to. All of which are usually moderately priced.
I can afford dropping 7$ or so on a Warframe Skin. I can especially afford it morally when I know they're getting paid for their work.

Nobody should be dropping the price of a full-retail game on a Warframe Skin. Regardless of the contextual reason behind it.
Tennogen Artists would be rolling in dough if that were the case... hell-- I could pay rent in the economy with that kinda money!

16 hours ago, Stafelund said:

It's inconvenient to buy tennogen items by using money all the time, instead of plat but that's that.

I'd rather drop the money to pay the people who made the skin directly than have it be plat where they possibly get the short end of the stick.

"Credit where credit is due" and DE is asking an awful lot for what little credit is there.

16 hours ago, Stafelund said:

I just hope the next Heirloom, if there is one is implemented way better than this and DE keeps their word.

See, there's the problem.
You're expecting it to be better.

We don't do that here. Instead, we KNOW that DE is gonna do something stupid.
It ain't the first time this has happened, but it's a pretty big jump in how much they're asking.

If I'm paying 70 buckaroos for a single Warframe skin, it better be doing my dishes for a week or two.

14 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I doute people will be as polite this time around.

I won't be able to say anything about it.

Already got two strikes from this very post for not supporting the pack.
The only reason I (probably) won't get a third now is because the controversy has "died down".
Now some DE employee can sit back to smoke their cigars on the third Mega-Yacht they purchased in the last month.
You know, provided Tencent isn't already doing that. What with owning games and milking them down right to the atom... only to kick the soul leaving for the afterlife and milk that too.

That is to say "They've already won, everybody bought into it." like we warned them against.
But it's fiiiiiiine-- it's their money after all. Who doesn't have hundreds of thousands in disposable income? (Just get more money, dummy!)

So yeah, great job buyers! Who's DE's little piggy pank? You are, yes you are! Ya godless, hollow-headed degens...

Honestly, I'd be a little more tolerant to those pay-pigs if they actually had more to their arguments at times.
All I get back is that exact same copy-paste retort of "it's my money".
Reeks of the same "respect my opinion" sentiment I see all over the forums.
Like, yeah. I'll "respect your opinion" by giving it the same treatment they give mine! Absolutely nothing!!

Also, bit off-topic and doesn't apply to any of the above.
People can change their forums theme to Dark-Mode.
Some text in here is set so only Dark-Mode users can see it easily.
You can turn it on at the very bottom of the page, under the "Theme" button. You're welcome, by the way.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

Nearly 100+ pages later, DE is still gonna plug their ears.
Wretched, but that's money for ya! Corrupts all you love, perverts all you could have and twists every whim into a sick version of itself.
All in the name of "profit". We may be Tenno, but you sure do have some Corpus ideals in ya, huh?

Hope you managed to weasel a few clauses of your own when dealing with Mammon, seeing as you're playing a dangerous game-- Tennocent.

What Is It GIF

9 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

Betting 200 plat that it's gonna have more FOMO-Exclusives.
Bonus 100 plat if they really repeat their mistakes and add multiple tiers.
All with the stuff you want being locked to the pack with the most garbage you don't want!
But I ain't gonna bet plat on the update being frustratingly buggy and borderline unplayable. That's just a free-space on a Bingo card and would be kinda cheating in a way.

Uh, I don't think so considering that the last one the Sentient Visions Deluxe Skin Collection can still be brought via plat, just sold it outright in a pack (likely switched it to Plat, cuz of the negativeness).

But I won't be surprised if this is the case if it is well ooof.

11 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

You can do that without being greedy, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

What this reeks of is the Mobile Gaming scene.
And despite everything, it's now such the norm that facebook moms dropping 90$ in a game JUST to boost the 2 minute timer of their glorified cookie clicker is a reality. Welcome to 2023, nearly 2024. Are we satisfied yet?
Shelling out this kinda money would've been sinful to a fault just a handful of years back.
As far as I'm aware, we don't exactly know if the artists are getting paid by the sale.
They probably got commissioned for the assets themselves and than shipped them to DE, provided they're not made in-studio anyway that is.

It's not like Tennogen where you can DIRECTLY see which user you're contributing to. All of which are usually moderately priced.
I can afford dropping 7$ or so on a Warframe Skin. I can especially afford it morally when I know they're getting paid for their work.

Nobody should be dropping the price of a full-retail game on a Warframe Skin. Regardless of the contextual reason behind it.
Tennogen Artists would be rolling in dough if that were the case... hell-- I could pay rent in the economy with that kinda money!

Good point.

13 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

I won't be able to say anything about it.

Already got two strikes from this very post for not supporting the pack.
The only reason I (probably) won't get a third now is because the controversy has "died down".
Now some DE employee can sit back to smoke their cigars on the third Mega-Yacht they purchased in the last month.
You know, provided Tencent isn't already doing that. What with owning games and milking them down right to the atom... only to kick the soul leaving for the afterlife and milk that too.

That is to say "They've already won, everybody bought into it." like we warned them against.
But it's fiiiiiiine-- it's their money after all. Who doesn't have hundreds of thousands in disposable income? (Just get more money, dummy!)

So yeah, great job buyers! Who's DE's little piggy pank? You are, yes you are! Ya godless, hollow-headed degens...

Honestly, I'd be a little more tolerant to those pay-pigs if they actually had more to their arguments at times.
All I get back is that exact same copy-paste retort of "it's my money".
Reeks of the same "respect my opinion" sentiment I see all over the forums.
Like, yeah. I'll "respect your opinion" by giving it the same treatment they give mine! Absolutely nothing!!

Yeah, this why WKs try to bait players into well, biting, cuz they know they'll get strikes and they'll be clean as a whistle because they gave in and brought stuff, etc.

Ideal points all around I say

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

What Is It GIF

*Sigh*

TLDR on that: "This is why we can't nice things."

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Uh, I don't think so considering that the last one the Sentient Visions Deluxe Skin Collection can still be brought via plat, just sold it outright in a pack (likely switched it to Plat, cuz of the negativeness).

I dunno, still waiting on the Boomie Glaive Skin and the Paradismo Armor Set to come back in some form.
Or the Verv/Iridos Set to become available via Prime Resurgence.

But hey, careful! DE might just turn around and curl their next monkey paw finger!
Next thing you know, the entire next update is suddenly a time-exclusive package.
Yes, even the content. Gone if you didn't pay the arbitrary 500 USD fee!

.... because that would be stupid and it's no less stupid on any other occurrence, including the Heirloom Pack.

6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah, this why WKs try to bait players into well, biting, cuz they know they'll get strikes and they'll be clean as a whistle because they gave in and brought stuff, etc.

"Better to die as someone who stood their ground at Death's gate than to live as a hollow nobody in the pristine halls of Mt. Bootlicker.
For even if the stalwart fall unremembered, the only thing the shallow-fools shall bring is their own consequence up their rear."

But yeah, absolutely despise those players.
It's getting real predictable when I see someone with the Heirloom Pack glyph and-- whaddya know, they're using Revenant with a Kuva Zarr.
To nobody's surprise, WHOOPS! Guess who died in an Arbitration despite having literal invincibility? Pay-pigs!
Yeah, those sorry-swines are staying dead, it'll be more efficient for everyone AND more fun for me to mock them. Not like they'll have anything good to retort with anyway.

Worst part too, had some genuinely GREAT ideas on how to fix this whole fiasco.
Not one-- MULTIPLE. As to give a myriad of unfolding paths to take.
Too much to ask though, really. I mean, I didn't even use that 20% coupon from 5 months ago! Truly I'm a terrible person.

Honestly, I'm just so tired of Warframe at this point and it's not even because of the actual game itself.
The community is so casual-toxic that I'm starting to actively look for sources of Radiation in missions JUST to personally make holes in them ala Finishers... only to than shoot their corpse. Repeatedly.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

The Targis Prime Armor set?
That's one of the best ones, actually. Fits on a lot of sets and works just as well as the Saturn Six Armor set I'd say.

I feel like if there's an opportunity to get it there will be a lot of it, I swear I remember seeing Nyx+Rhino on Prime Resurgence more than others.

57 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

See, there's the problem.
You're expecting it to be better.

We don't do that here. Instead, we KNOW that DE is gonna do something stupid.
It ain't the first time this has happened, but it's a pretty big jump in how much they're asking.

I did say I was skeptical. You can hope but still doubt at the same time, for me I can't help but think if the next set of heirlooms are released, it's gonna have a catch. What that catch is gonna be, I dunno.

Also, if there's a data to see how many total of players have bought the skins, I would love to see that. If there's only barely around a hundred or so, I would say that's a win enough. One thing I can swear on is, I stopped buying platinum even if they're discounted now.  If DE does as promised and keeps doing it, then they can expect me to buy platinum each time a coupon arrives again.

11 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

But hey, careful! DE might just turn around and curl their next monkey paw finger!
Next thing you know, the entire next update is suddenly a time-exclusive package.
Yes, even the content. Gone if you didn't pay the arbitrary 500 USD fee!

Well, all bets are off if they do this. I never played WoW and Overwatch for requiring subscriptions since the day they surfaced, and I avoided Destiny for paid expansions. I think the game is seeking new monetization models lately, and I'm wondering if they'll do with this one.

41 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Some of those people are truly... something. I remember them well. Not sure what happened to all of them, but some of them still does the same thing.

15 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

The story behind my name is a big reference to XCOM and some people over voice chat call "Psi" and "Pie" and that just makes me laugh and cringe at the same time

Oh yes, regrettable usernames. Either you cringe at it, or laugh at it and live with it. Or both

Edited by Stafelund

18 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

I did say I was skeptical. You can hope but still doubt at the same time, for me I can't help but think if the next set of heirlooms are released, it's gonna have a catch. What that catch is gonna be, I dunno.

Also, if there's a data to see how many total of players have bought the skins, I would love to see that. If there's only barely around a hundred or so, I would say that's a win enough.

DE will never release data about such, cuz it'll only prove that people will shell out and if we had the ID of the players, well, that's a loaded gun handed to people, so I really doute they will.

But yes, I can 100% tell you there will be always a catch 

18 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Well, all bets are off if they do this. I never played WoW and Overwatch for requiring subscriptions since the day they surfaced, and I avoided Destiny for paid expansions. I think the game is seeking new monetization models lately, and I'm wondering if they'll do with this one.

Some of those people are truly... something. I remember them well. Not sure what happened to all of them, but some of them still does the same thing.

Oh, they will, this is just a taste of it, Warframe WILL become just like the games you listed, new and horrible monetization models will spike up, cuz that's how it works and honestly I can't wait, I want to see it so I can shove it into the faces of "those people"

As for where they all went, mostly back in the basement, only to come out when someone lifts a finger or raises a hand.

28 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

"Better to die as someone who stood their ground at Death's gate than to live as a hollow nobody in the pristine halls of Mt. Bootlicker.
For even if the stalwart fall unremembered, the only thing the shallow-fools shall bring is their own consequence up their rear."

But yeah, absolutely despise those players.
It's getting real predictable when I see someone with the Heirloom Pack glyph and-- whaddya know, they're using Revenant with a Kuva Zarr.
To nobody's surprise, WHOOPS! Guess who died in an Arbitration despite having literal invincibility? Pay-pigs!
Yeah, those sorry-swines are staying dead, it'll be more efficient for everyone AND more fun for me to mock them. Not like they'll have anything good to retort with anyway.

Worst part too, had some genuinely GREAT ideas on how to fix this whole fiasco.
Not one-- MULTIPLE. As to give a myriad of unfolding paths to take.
Too much to ask though, really. I mean, I didn't even use that 20% coupon from 5 months ago! Truly I'm a terrible person.

Honestly, I'm just so tired of Warframe at this point and it's not even because of the actual game itself.
The community is so casual-toxic that I'm starting to actively look for sources of Radiation in missions JUST to personally make holes in them ala Finishers... only to than shoot their corpse. Repeatedly.

Fair and solid statement all around, nothing I can add to this.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Oh, they will, this is just a taste of it, Warframe WILL become just like the games you listed, new and horrible monetization models will spike up, cuz that's how it works and honestly I can't wait, I want to see it so I can shove it into the faces of "those people"

This is going to be amusing yet sad at the same time. For me, at least WF has a special place after seeing it in 2018, but not being able to play it thanks to my PC being an absolute potato until I got a better rig 2-3 years ago. Seeing something you love degrade, is always going to be sad. Amusing, because the people who vehemently defended the questionable things about the heirloom pack, especially in the most ridiculous manner would feel the brunt of Blizzard or Bungie-esque tactics right in front of them. It's fun to think if they'll still defend the game, admit it or just go silent all of a sudden. I have the urge to vote for the last one to likely happen.

Also with regards to the data of sales, they don't have to put the players' names who bought it. Even I would find that kind of privacy violation appalling. But then again, there's the accolade in case the sales were low then dedicated people can easily put up a list.

Speaking of which, I still have qualms about that accolade and would like the title to still be changed. Heirloom supporter is good enough as opposed to plainly telling it Ten Year Supporter. Ten year anniversary supporter doesn't sound too bad to an extent, since it implies I got the thing that came with the tenth anniversary instead.

Edited by Stafelund
added moar stuff
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

This is going to be amusing yet sad at the same time. For me, at least WF has a special place after seeing it in 2018, but not being able to play it thanks to my PC being an absolute potato until I got a better rig 2-3 years ago. Seeing something you love degrade, is always going to be sad.

Yes, I've been with WF since the Founder's Pack was released (Don't ask me why I didn't buy it, past me was an idiot) and old WF was amazing, simple but fun, but when WF really kicked off for me was the New War quest, since I hated even the concept of a child soldier (I won't get into details why here, but if your interested I will DM you).

Everything about the New War I loved and it peeked at when I had control over the Drifter and the fact that I "killed" the Lotus (in a sense that, Lotus is gone, Natah remains) was enough for me to enjoy the game again. It only got much better when Paradox Update came out, that update brought me back to WF. I've never stopped playing as the Drifter since then, but I'm going off-topic now.

Yes, it will be sad to see it go, since despite the amount of criticism I give it, it still has a good place in my heart since old friends still play it, although one of my friends won't play unless I am, since WF can be boring on your own.

29 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Amusing, because the people who vehemently defended the questionable things about the heirloom pack, especially in the most ridiculous manner would feel the brunt of Blizzard or Bungie-esque tactics right in front of them. It's fun to think if they'll still defend the game, admit it or just go silent all of a sudden. I have the urge to vote for the last one to likely happen.

However, I am all in for the Amusing side of this for exactly the reason why you said, I have more to add but eh I don't wanna share so openly hah, overall I'm just wondering what this new update will bring, since it will likely have more lore on the Drifter 

• Like 1

I would love to see this game flourish even more. I played it on and off for the last couple of years as well. But the current situation feels as dooming as WoW a while back (and probably still is) and Destiny with its Sony f ups. It feels as if the casual player gives plenty of feedback while watching a game he loves burn. Is doomed to burn. Incredibly sad.

Imagine supporting something for 10 years and get said, that you will get something, if you can afford it. 😥

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed that the Celestial Heirloom Collection bundle on Warframe's website is £45.99, but in the Xbox store the bundle costs £58.49?

Am I missing something? I play on Xbox and was going to buy the bundle when I saw it was £45.99 on their website. 

I don't use the forums at all really but I'm upset with the inconsistency of the prices and confused.

Edited by (XBOX)LastHeroOfReach
Missed information

I don't actually want them to do more Heirloom Skins.  After this I feel like the title 'Heirloom' has been tainted and, to be honest, I don't see what the skins do that couldn't fit into the Deluxe Skin title.  I would would much rather see more Deluxe Skins available for Platinum than more Heirloom Skins for cash.  I was in a habit of buying Platinum every time a log in reward gave me a discount because I figured it was a small amount to pay to a game that gives me so much entertainment over time, but by now I have a stash of Platinum that isn't getting spent so I've stopped and started keeping tally of what I would have spent.  If I pass on enough discounts then I'll buy the Heirloom pack, but if that is to be a regular thing then I'll need to keep doing that, not spending the money I used to and instead setting it aside in case a good Heirloom turns up.  DE will have lost the regular payments they got from me by not having enough stuff to spend Platinum on and instead introducing stuff that Platinum can't be used for, thus devaluing Platinum.  They could have added the Heirloom Skins and associated other cosmetics for high amounts of Platinum and I would have bought them, but I don't want to have to pay more cash when I've already been paying cash in for a premium currency that was supposed to have purchasing power for cosmetics in the future.

PS: Can anyone tell me if the Mag skin has clipping issues around the base of the spine because it looks like it does in teh previews but maybe it's fine with different animations.  Aside from everything above I'm also in two minds about buying another Mag skin when the Mag deluxe has had a bugged out hand for years, so maybe I just shouldn't buy it at all if it's going to be another broken skin that won't ever get fixed.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Katinka said:

I don't actually want them to do more Heirloom Skins.  After this I feel like the title 'Heirloom' has been tainted and, to be honest, I don't see what the skins do that couldn't fit into the Deluxe Skin title.

Well that's the thing, they're just Deluxe skins. That's all they are: glorified Deluxe skins. There's not one single metric anyone can point to that makes them "special". Poly counts? The same. Texture sizes? The same. Animated textures? Others have that too. Metallics? Hasn't been special for a decade. Unique attachments? Laughs in Valkyr Gersemi. Made by a special artist? Oh so like Liger. Is it cause it's the frame's second Deluxe skin? Valkyr, Volt, Excalibur, and Nyx all have two - just to name a few. Because they're a paired set with a unified style? Volt and Mesa Sentient skins. Aesthetic? Subjective. There's not one single thing that sets Heirlooms apart from Deluxes besides the manufactured exclusivity, and even that's not new: the very first Deluxes were FOMO too and gee I wonder why that changed?

Extra S#&amp;&#036;ty part is, let's say DE doesn't retire the tainted Heirloom line like they should but actually keeps their word for the next ones and addresses all the feedback. Future Heirlooms are just extra-premium Deluxes. Non-FOMO, also available for plat ingame, parts of the bundle can be bought separately, etc. Say they do this for the next 10 years and wow now we've got 22 Heirlooms. Oh but wait, what's that? 2 of those will always be exclusively locked away from you because you hadn't joined yet or weren't financially secure enough for the correct four months a decade ago. Too bad, poors! It would be unfair to let everyone can participate. 🙄 Just rancid.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yes, I've been with WF since the Founder's Pack was released (Don't ask me why I didn't buy it, past me was an idiot) and old WF was amazing, simple but fun, but when WF really kicked off for me was the New War quest, since I hated even the concept of a child soldier (I won't get into details why here, but if your interested I will DM you).

Everything about the New War I loved and it peeked at when I had control over the Drifter and the fact that I "killed" the Lotus (in a sense that, Lotus is gone, Natah remains) was enough for me to enjoy the game again. It only got much better when Paradox Update came out, that update brought me back to WF. I've never stopped playing as the Drifter since then, but I'm going off-topic now.

Yes, it will be sad to see it go, since despite the amount of criticism I give it, it still has a good place in my heart since old friends still play it, although one of my friends won't play unless I am, since WF can be boring on your own.

However, I am all in for the Amusing side of this for exactly the reason why you said, I have more to add but eh I don't wanna share so openly hah, overall I'm just wondering what this new update will bring, since it will likely have more lore on the Drifter 

I'm curious, kindly go ahead with the DM. Yeah, I also prefer the drifter but it's more of because I feel like operators/drifters are treated as the player's avatar or their representation, and I'm not a teenager since.

I'm gonna add that I liked the lore when I saw the game, plus being a F2P looter shooter, hack n' slash where you can get everything as you are patient, the things paid for are only the cosmetics, and most of the mtx are pay2skip grind. And that was before I knew the game was generous with its platinum discounts. It reminded me of Starcraft and for some reason Doom too, both things I really love.

Still nostalgic upon seeing it for the first time, seeing my friend play it on a clunky little laptop with Plains of Eidolon still being the latest update, and the UI was still old, where it looked slightly more gritty and held back compared to the one we have right now. It was called 2.0, I think? Shame I never reached that UI when I played and if there's an option to switch back to that UI, I'd do it. For Excal Prime, there's probably no way I could have bought it since I don't have that much money being a teenager and all, hah. And none of us knew about this game before, as well as the good rig to play it (and possibly, ISP too because they were terrible until lately).

11 hours ago, (XBOX)LastHeroOfReach said:

Has anyone else noticed that the Celestial Heirloom Collection bundle on Warframe's website is £45.99, but in the Xbox store the bundle costs £58.49?

Am I missing something? I play on Xbox and was going to buy the bundle when I saw it was £45.99 on their website. 

I don't use the forums at all really but I'm upset with the inconsistency of the prices and confused.

Probably fees put up by the platform on top of the usual price and what you're seeing is the one for PC? I think this is something that can be answered by Warframe's support channels. I don't think you're gonna be answered here by any official support considering, well, the situation of this thread, sadly.

Seems like a similar case upon looking around, this one is about COD's items costing more on Xbox than on Playstation: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/why-do-items-cost-more-on-xbox/0a5178b1-6091-49ff-9066-6e949b7aa150

14 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Yeah, I also prefer the drifter but it's more of because I feel like operators/drifters are treated as the player's avatar or their representation, and I'm not a teenager since.

I'm gonna add that I liked the lore when I saw the game, plus being a F2P looter shooter, hack n' slash where you can get everything as you are patient, the things paid for are only the cosmetics, and most of the mtx are pay2skip grind. And that was before I knew the game was generous with its platinum discounts. It reminded me of Starcraft and for some reason Doom too, both things I really love.

Still nostalgic upon seeing it for the first time, seeing my friend play it on a clunky little laptop with Plains of Eidolon still being the latest update, and the UI was still old, where it looked slightly more gritty and held back compared to the one we have right now. It was called 2.0, I think? Shame I never reached that UI when I played and if there's an option to switch back to that UI, I'd do it. For Excal Prime, there's probably no way I could have bought it since I don't have that much money being a teenager and all, hah. And none of us knew about this game before, as well as the good rig to play it (and possibly, ISP too because they were terrible until lately).

Yeah, pretty much the same reason why I prefer drifters since they are treated as the player's avatar or their representation (tho you'll be surprised how many certain folks want the "cannon" Drifts and Opers to be female).

I brought I think one or two Prime Bundles, while the rest I didn't bother with the rest, I really can't remember tho. but I know that I've only really brought a handful of plat back then and stopped around 2nd dream. But yeah ideal all the way.

DM incoming

On 2023-12-11 at 7:43 AM, Stafelund said:

I feel like if there's an opportunity to get it there will be a lot of it, I swear I remember seeing Nyx+Rhino on Prime Resurgence more than others.

Targis Prime actually shows up a moderate amount of times.

I just love the fact that people CAN buy it whenever it's around, knowing that the stock cycles every now and again-- but it will always come back at some point.
It's the assurance that it's never truly lost forever. Maybe it'll take half a year- possibly even a full one- for it to come around, but it WILL. That's what matters.

If I could buy this a later point? Maybe even in the Prime Resurgence? Yeah, you know what? It's expensive, but at least we have it for another time.
But no, DE wanted to wring out some quick cash. So now we have to suffer it.
It's great, ain't it? Having to deal with this headache of a company and all.

On 2023-12-11 at 7:46 AM, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Ah yes, DE responding three to four different times about this is "plugging their ears".

Well, I'd like to make a few statements on what they did say-- but it's not like I'm permitted to throw the sheer amount of bile they're spewing back at them!
... and no, them adding a little bit of extra cardboard-shekels into the dumpster bin does not make it worth it. We still have to wade through all the other garbage.

People have tried- politely or not- to inform DE on their shortcomings.
All they did was say "Lmao, you thought you had us." and pretend the problem doesn't exist by throwing their own currency at it.
But hey, what do I know?

17 hours ago, Stafelund said:

This is going to be amusing yet sad at the same time. For me, at least WF has a special place after seeing it in 2018, but not being able to play it thanks to my PC being an absolute potato until I got a better rig 2-3 years ago.

Quite literally the same situation as me.

Used to use a pretty garbo laptop that could barely run 20 FPS back in 2018.
I was around for the Pyrus Project-- the rebuild of the Strata Relay!

I gotta say, there was certainly things back than that were unsavory. Without a doubt.
At the same time? I can say the game had a bit more going for it... mainly because said "content" actually had some fighting force behind it.

Over the years, I've gone through so many damn changes as a person. So many passes of hardware and software alike.
I've gained skills both in the world of games and the world of tangibility. Time is the only constant of ever-flowing progress.

... and yet across all of that, I can't say the game has gotten any better. It has more """content""", yes.
Better? Arguable. It's easier to access maybe, but not always better because of it.

I don't even get what people even see in this pack... price-wise, anyway.
"Just get richer, dummy" is about as unhelpful and mockingly crude as it gets.
I don't like the term "skill issue" simply because of it's mocking, unhelpful tone-- but if it was THAT simple, we wouldn't have issues with housing, affording basic human needs in 2023.

"Just don't be poor"-- if anyone said those words anywhere outside the confines of their sealing chamber they call a bedroom?
I would instead pay some burly fella nearby to make them a new hole!! Pretty sure he'd decline the money and do it anyway.

14 hours ago, Katinka said:

DE will have lost the regular payments they got from me by not having enough stuff to spend Platinum on and instead introducing stuff that Platinum can't be used for, thus devaluing Platinum.

It's kinda funny in a way, a good chunk (but not all) of that problem could have been solved...
... by just making the skins their own purchase.

Can't have that now, though! That'd be too difficult to code in.

11 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Oh but wait, what's that? 2 of those will always be exclusively locked away from you because you hadn't joined yet or weren't financially secure enough for the correct four months a decade ago. Too bad, poors! It would be unfair to let everyone can participate. 🙄 Just rancid.

Yet at the same time, this is a game that keeps trying to be "accessible".
As stupidly used as that term is gonna be. It's not even "accessibility" at this point, it's just prepping the money-machine that is Warframe Mobile.

Yeah, accessible. As in so ungodly easy that the only thing holding players back from completing the ENTIRE GAME in under 48 hours is all the daily limits.
(I.E. Foundry, Standing, Mastery Rank timers, etc.)

... a game that- mind you- has been in development for over 10 years now.
It can be cleared in under 2 days and that's with a generous pushing of the estimation.
I'm sure that if players were given the ability to bypass ALL those timers without spending a single bit of plat?
Speedruns to finish all of the Starchart- maybe even Steel Path- would be astoundingly fast.

We are so powerful, that I would not put it past speedrunners to find some way to get a poorly modded Excal past the entire game. No foundry needed.
You know, provided they don't just grab Revenant Prime or something like that right off the bat. It's not like it's that out of the question. Damn thing has a literal invincibility button after all.

Yet, when it comes to simple cosmetics like this? That's where the line is drawn, because of course it is.
This is money we're talking about, if you're not wringing out ever micro-cent? Why even bother?!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

them adding a little bit of extra cardboard-shekels into the dumpster bin does not make it worth it.

May be to some people but they did add quite a bit more platinum to the pack. So they did do something immediate. And they said if they do heirloom packs in the future they will do something different. So we'll have to see but in the meantime this is what we have atm.

• Like 1

I just finished the new quest. It wasn't enough to make me forget about the Heirloom stuff. But they didn't even try to make us forget about it anyway, since they kept advertising for it in their streams. Constantly reminding everyone about their fantastic fomo signas. I'm genuinely so so so disappointed. Even in the pre-update stream Reb once again talked about the Heirloom stuff.

It started with the Heirloom collection and now with the new update, the magic of Warframe is officially gone for me. I don't feel any love for it anymore. Now it just feels like an employer I'm not sure I still want to work for or not (since the game tends to feel like work at times). The quest was short and just another content isle. Usually I wouldn't have minded, loved it and looked past its shortcomings, but since they started supporting FOMO, I just can't do that anymore. I wish they would return to their former glory, but it much rather looks like this is the first step of their slow downfall. Where will they stop? Are their players still their number one priority? Their actions speak louder than any "Sorrys" and "We'll do betters".

Also, their reaction to the heirloom feedback genuinely made me feel icky. The way they responded and made it look like an "Oopsie haha" just felt so utterly manipulative and unlike the Warframe Devs I once knew.

Edited by (PSN)UmbralHalo
Typo
  • Like 2

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Circle_of_Psi:

Did she talk about it going on sale for Xmas by any chance?

I can't remember her saying anything about it. Although it would be weird for them to suddenly put it on sale after they talked so "much" about "how unfair it would be for the players who payed the full price". Lel

• Like 2