The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

People are dividing the game into two groups right now because of this pack the elitists that flex on others that don't have the pack and want it to stay the same so they can continue to do so (not everyone is this but they get hit in the crossfire because they have the pack) and the people that don't support the pack do to its predatory characteristics and want a cheaper option that only has the cosmetics and skins so everyone can afford it 

Fight for the respect we deserve after years of us sticking with the developers from when they didn't even know if warframe would make it till this day we gave them respect and now they distrspect us with this pack  we must fight for what we want.... respect and a 4th pack that is for everyone that just wants the cosmetics and skins and none of the filler that makes the pack 90 dollars like the platinum and regal aya     make your voices heard we want respect and we want a 4th pack 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

My WF experience in this kind of things so far was like talking to zombies with wallets so far. Zombies that wanted to club me to death for criticizing regal aya and other paywalled stuff. Its good they finally found a trigger.

Maybe if you wouldn't view people you don't agree with as zombies, but as people, you would have much better experience debating these topics. If I went and tried to explain why some of these systems are good or needed in this game, you would automaticaly default to me being a zombie and you wouldn't care about wheter the arguments do have some value.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

People are dividing the game into two groups right now because of this pack the elitists that flex on others that don't have the pack and want it to stay the same so they can continue to do so (not everyone is this but they get hit in the crossfire because they have the pack) and the people that don't support the pack do to its predatory characteristics and want a cheaper option that only has the cosmetics and skins so everyone can afford it 

I just wanna say that your rhetoric is part of the problem. By labeling people who bought the pack "elitists that flex on others" you are causing even more division. So far I haven't seen a single instance when someone was flexing on someone, but I have seen people who didn't buy the pack shaming and harassing those who did. We should all just stop blaming and labeling eachother.

This mob/tribalistic mentality disgusts me.

Edited by Cerikus
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Maybe if you wouldn't view people you don't agree with as zombies, but as people, you would have much better experience debating these topics. If I went and tried to explain why some of these systems are good or needed in this game, you would automaticaly default to me being a zombie and you wouldn't care about wheter the arguments do have some value.

I just wanna say that your rhetoric is part of the problem. By labeling people who bought the pack "elitists that flex on others" you are causing even more division. So far I haven't seen a single instance when someone was flexing on someone, but I have seen people who didn't buy the pack shaming and harassing those who did. We should all just stop blaming and labeling eachother.

This mob/tribalistic mentality disgusts me.

If you read the whole comment I sead (not everyone is like this but they get hit in the crossfire becouse they have the pack and do to the ones that do do this) 

Iv seen plenty of people trying to flex that they had the skins and others didn't

same for the other side iv seen people just quit out of matches just because a person had the skins and glyph on 

Edited by (XBOX)toughdragon17
More elaboration
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

If you read the whole comment I sead (not everyone is like this but they get hit in the crossfire do to the ones that do do this) 

I specifically said that the rhetoric is a problem. I know you said you know it's not everyone, but labeling just perpetuates the whole problem.
because people think like a mob and if you call few people flexing elitist, it's just a small step from harassing everyone who owns the pack.
You yourself have said that people are getting in the crossfire and it's exactly because of that.

We MUST stop talking about who did or didn't buy it. We MUST stop blaming each other. Don't be part of the problem.

Edited by Cerikus

13 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

You yourself have said that people are getting in the crossfire and it's exactly because of that.

We MUST stop talking about who did or didn't buy it. We MUST stop blaming each other. Don't be part of the problem.

I know 

if people shouldn't blame eachother then who do people blame because if players start to blame DE they get reprimanded for doing so even though it is technically there fault for not planing ahead thinking of there loyal fans 

When people are unable to blame the developers there going to turn twords the next problem and thats the people who bought the packs

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Yes! Be a part of the solution instead! Argue for the removal of the exclusivity creating this division in the first place! Then there are no flexing elitists or harassing mob or people being caught in the crossfire.

Or I guess you could argue that nothing should or will happen, and defend this status quo causing people to blame each other, leaving the problem to continuously divide the community for years to come.

• Like 6

Just now, PublikDomain said:

Yes! Be a part of the solution instead! Argue for the removal of the exclusivity creating this division in the first place! Then there are no flexing elitists or harassing mob or people being caught in the crossfire.

Or I guess you could argue that nothing should or will happen, and defend this status quo causing people to blame each other, leaving the problem to continuously divide the community for years to come.

Or you can argue on what people actually wanted and thats a 4th pack that isn't filled with filler like platinum and regal aya making it 70 to 90 dollars and just having the cosmetics and skins in it making it about 25 to 30 dollars so those that don't want or can't afford the other packs can buy this pack leading to basicly everyone being able to have the skins  Cosmetics and glyphs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Or you can argue on what people actually wanted and thats a 4th pack that isn't filled with filler like platinum and regal aya making it 70 to 90 dollars and just having the cosmetics and skins in it making it about 25 to 30 dollars so those that don't want or can't afford the other packs can buy this pack leading to basicly everyone being able to have the skins  Cosmetics and glyphs

Well, everyone with cash on hand. But that's a simple enough adjustment to make: just make em 25-30 dollars worth of plat. That'd be ~600p for the pair and there'd be no need to adjust the existing cash packs which would stay on until the end of December as a discounted bundle. It'd be exactly how the New War Supporter packs were done.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

I know 

if people shouldn't blame eachother then who do people blame because if players start to blame DE they get reprimanded for doing so even though it is technically there fault for not planing ahead thinking of there loyal fans 

When people are unable to blame the developers there going to turn twords the next problem and thats the people who bought the packs

You don't have to always find someone to blame. The world is not black and white, you don't have to always find a villain you can punish or ostracize. You should learn that. Just look at your post. You say "I know", but you end it with yet another disgusting labeling: "the next problem and thats the people who bought the packs"

Nobody is the villain here. DE made a bad decision and it's good people criticise it. That doesn't make DE villains. People who bought the packs may not even be on the forums and they bought it because to them the packs were a good offer and you CANNOT change that. That doesn't make those people villains. 

14 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

"If you are not with us, you are against us." Yeah sure, I am tired of this nonsense. I am not going to join bullying DE or other players, because I could be labeled as the enemy. I am tired of this modern way of thinking when you cannot have your own opinion and have to subscribe to a way of thinking and become a sheep.
I am not going to join people like you. Sorry, not sorry. I can think for myself. 

I am going to blow your minds, because these are my opinions and you won't know what to make of them:
- I think the heirloom packs were acceptable offer even before they added more plat.
- I think there should be 4th pack without premium currency and I said that even before they added more plat.
- I think the packs being time limited is not good.
- I think them adding more plat was a great thing to do.
- I think everyone who bought the packs were justfied to do so.
- I think everyone who doesn't want to buy them are justified to do so.
- I think everyone should voice their opinion.
- I think anyone who shames and bashes DE or other players should rot in hell.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kattefjaes said:

This saga rumbles on, and they still haven't grown a conscience or read the room.

It's actually hilarious when you see someone with these in-game, like seeing the blue tick on Twitter.

Why they like the pack and buy it, why would you compare it to X.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

While playing iv actually seen people leave the squad because someone had the skin and glyph usually leading to host migrations and or the person with the pack leaving the squad

I find that hard to believe, with player's crappy internet and hosting problems would be more accurate, to read into it is on you, and your perception of the situation because of these threads, do you check everyone's profile that you play with to even come to that conclusion, believe me, I wouldn't leave because of it, I made my decision and will never be bullied, to old to give a crap about others opinions.

7 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

It's also entirely predictable and stems from a completely unnecessary situation. If you divide people into groups of course the groups are gonna fight. Some people who have the packs are taking this as an opportunity to flex some perceived superiority and punch down at the poors, and some people who don't have the packs are punching up at the perceived unfairness and elitism.

I brought the pack because I wanted to, not for the reason of being that player that brags/trolls about owning it to others, but it seems we've been thrown into the same vat of toxicity like a lot of posts in this thread, hence their removal.

49 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I specifically said that the rhetoric is a problem. I know you said you know it's not everyone, but labeling just perpetuates the whole problem.
because people think like a mob and if you call few people flexing elitist, it's just a small step from harassing everyone who owns the pack.

Ahem, also still don't give a crap about whinney brats in a server who want to complain about it, TBH I haven't come across any players so far so I must play in the sensible pub squads. 

Edit:
To add, I still don't know why DE didn't put the packs out as just a skin pack for those that didn't want the bloat, I didn't mind the bloat it was cheaper than getting Regal Aya and Plat overall, it's just that it has created a divide not having a skin pack standalone.

Edited by Slayer-.
added

6 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

"If you are not with us, you are against us." Yeah sure, I am tired of this nonsense. I am not going to join bullying DE or other players, because I could be labeled as the enemy. I am tired of this modern way of thinking when you cannot have your own opinion and have to subscribe to a way of thinking and become a sheep.
I am not going to join people like you. Sorry, not sorry. I can think for myself. 

I am going to blow your minds, because these are my opinions and you won't know what to make of them:
- I think the heirloom packs were acceptable offer even before they added more plat.
- I think there should be 4th pack without premium currency and I said that even before they added more plat.
- I think the packs being time limited is not good.
- I think them adding more plat was a great thing to do.
- I think everyone who bought the packs were justfied to do so.
- I think everyone who doesn't want to buy them are justified to do so.
- I think everyone should voice their opinion.
- I think anyone who shames and bashes DE or other players should rot in hell.

And you've also spent considerable time here in this thread trolling others and being unconstructive arguing with these people who you think "should voice their opinions". Oh but it was just a little trolling, right? Just having a light-hearted giggle? Edit: hence, y'know, why people are so quick to put you into a group and think lowly of you.

5 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I brought the pack because I wanted to, not for the reason of being that player that brags/trolls about owning it to others, but it seems we've been thrown into the same vat of toxicity like a lot of posts in this thread, hence their removal.

Which sucks, but was both entirely predictable and entirely avoidable and still entirely solvable.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

And you've also spent considerable time here in this thread trolling others and being unconstructive. Oh but it was just a little trolling, right? Just having a light-hearted giggle?

Yes, exactly. After 30-40 pages all the possible constructive feedback was already put out. At that point came people who turned it into cesspool and started blaming eachother, bashing DE or Megan directly. You can easily find my constructive posts in previous threads and in this one and because I was done providing possitive feedback I could at least spend time trolling or arguing with those who were flat out abusive.

Edited by Cerikus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Yes, exactly. After 30-40 pages all the possible constructive feedback was already put out. At that point came people who turned it into cesspool and started blaming eachother, bashing DE or Megan directly. You can easily find my constructive posts in previous threads and in this one and because I was done providing possitive feedback I could at least spend time trolling or arguing with those who were flat out abusive.

>is unconstructive
>gets put into the unconstructive group

pointer_2911.png

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I find that hard to believe, with player's crappy internet and hosting problems would be more accurate, to read into it is on you, and your perception of the situation because of these threads, do you check everyone's profile that you play with to even come to that conclusion, believe me, I wouldn't leave because of it, I made my decision and will never be bullied, to old to give a crap about others opinions.

We were playing just fine and once the guy with the pack joined the game the other guy whent up to the one that had the pack looked at them and then afterwards left the match

• Like 1

hace 22 minutos, Cerikus dijo:

hace 27 minutos, PublikDomain dijo:

And you've also spent considerable time here in this thread trolling others and being unconstructive arguing with these people who you think "should voice their opinions". Oh but it was just a little trolling, right? Just having a light-hearted giggle? Edit: hence, y'know, why people are so quick to put you into a group and think lowly of you.

Well, although I don't agree with @Cerikus way of trolling, certainly the people are repeating the same thing over and over again. It's not boring?

For me it is already very clear that they are not going to do anything for now... perhaps on December 25? or a later date? maybe they will add another package or something like that but not now, because the money is still coming in their way anyways.

It would be the same thing DE does with every expansion/updates FOMO packages in this game. They hope to sell the expensive pack enough and then they do some sort of off sale or something when the FOMO packs deadline is almost up.

The point is that at this point more commentary on the subject doesn't make any difference, besides the fact that it is tiring and stressful. 

But personally I don't care what they do. I'll wait until W:1999 and see if this is worth continuing to play.

To all this some entertainment here.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
misspellings

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

I really honestly don't understand what you are trying to imply now.

It's simple, really. I think it's awful tacky of you to say holier-than-thou things like:

16 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

"If you are not with us, you are against us." Yeah sure, I am tired of this nonsense. I am not going to join bullying DE or other players, because I could be labeled as the enemy.

18 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

That doesn't make those people villains. 

When you're the one making yourself into a villain here. For you, at least, it has nothing to do with your opinions on the packs - even if they align with the people you're arguing with - and everything to do with goofy nonsense like this:

10 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I could at least spend time trolling or arguing with those who were flat out abusive.

You're just here to troll, and you've said so yourself multiple times. Why do you think people are getting so hostile over these packs? Because people like you are stoking that anger for fun.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

It's simple, really. I think it's awful tacky of you to say holier-than-thou things like:

When you're the one making yourself into a villain here. For you, at least, it has nothing to do with your opinions on the packs - even if they align with the people you're arguing with - and everything to do with goofy nonsense like this:

You're just here to troll, and you've said so yourself multiple times. Why do you think people are getting so hostile over these packs? Because people like you are stoking that anger for fun.

Ah, I see. You think I care in which group I am put in.
Well the truth is I don't like connecting arguments to individuals. I hate arguments ad hominem. I always try to consider arguments value regardless of who said it.

I have said many things here and elsewhere that were objectively constructive. All of them were for DE to read and act upon.
If my constructive feedback gets deleted in your eyes, because in the meantime I trolled some abusers, fine, think that, it's not something I care about.

The reason I replied today is that the whole mentality of putting people into good and bad groups and shaming bad groups while praising good groups is inherently evil.
And what did I get in return? I've been put into a group and anything I say will be judged based on my asigned group.

11 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

For me it is already very clear that they are not going to do anything for now... perhaps on December 25? or a later date? maybe they will add another package or something like that but not now, because the money is still coming in their way anyways.

It would be the same thing DE does with every expansion/updates FOMO packages in this game. They hope to sell the expensive pack enough and then they do some sort of off sale or something when the FOMO packs deadline is almost up.

The point is that at this point more commentary on the subject doesn't make any difference right now, besides the fact that it is tiring and stressful. 

I mean, respectfully, if it's tiring you or stressing you out then you don't have to follow this topic or any of these threads.

But there's nothing "very clear" about any of this. Some people said the exact same thing after DE's initial response to Prime Resurgence plat when they gave the same "no it wouldn't be fair to the people who already bought maybe we'll think about it next time". "Guys DE said no", "it's not gonna happen". And instead of saying "oh I guess that's it then" the community kept pushing - and that's why you have plat in Prime Resurgence. That (and Sterling) is why you have separate Prime Accessories bundles. That's why you have the Tau Shard pity system. Yeah, it's tiring and stressful. And all that tire and stress will go away when DE appropriately addresses concerns. Poof and it's an old memory. If they don't then all that tire and stress will remain forever, just like the lingering feelings people still have over the Founders program over a decade ago.

And more commentary isn't really the point by page 74, the point is to continue pushing. Now it's a matter of persisting and keeping the thread active where DE can't keep ignoring it. The topic is pinned on the subreddit. It shows up on DE's social media posts, to the point where platforms like Facebook are hiding those comments by default. And the longer this drags on the greater the likelihood DE relents and does the fair and right thing.

Though bumping this thread with spam videos mods will just clean up in the morning is helpful too. Keep the thread alive. 🤘

7 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

You think I care in which group I am put in.

I mean you seem to... 🤷‍♀️

8 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

And what did I get in return? I've been put into a group and anything I say will be judged based on my asigned group.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I mean you seem to... 🤷‍♀️

Ah yes, the good old "you seem to care though" response. One would think people would figure out something more original at this point.

I obviously care about the topic.
I obviously care about this debate.
I obviously care when people do evil things in this thread.
I don't care what you think about me.

Your subjective perspective of me doesn't change the fact that you and others in this thread are tribalistic and toxic toward certain groups of poeple :)

Just now, Cerikus said:

Your subjective perspective of me doesn't change the fact that you and others in this thread are tribalistic and toxic toward certain groups of poeple :)

Nope, just pointing out that typecasting yourself as a troll is the reason people are putting you in the troll box. Has nothing to do with the topic at hand and everything to do with your character and actions.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

Welp, looks like they're refusing to do anything about it, GGs, everyone, it was good while it lasted.

But granted, most of us knew this was coming from miles away, it just takes a while for garbage to rot.

To be fair, everyone just got back to the office today, though I'd be surprised if they weren't aware of the situation all weekend. I'll wait a few more days and see what happens. It might take that long to come up with another response of any sort, much like it did last time.

Edited by Lionsheart89
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

The sad thing is that if I could take that post back, I would. I am still convinced it was pretty funny, but I am getting tired of dealing with unreasonable people, because I've put a lot of constructive feedback in this thread and instead of trying to have a civil conversation, you mock and parody me. Truly a moral highground.

Well I know you are not a toxic troll and really are just trying to lighten up the somber mood and pessimism that surrounds this topic.  I get labeled many things as well but it goes with the territory; when you put yourself in the public eye, someone is bound to poke them occasionally.  We are all passionate about Warframe because we've invested YEARS of our lives into watching this game evolve and grow.  It's sad to think the game and company that we have held to higher standards, in an industry that has become rampant with unscrupulous marketing tactics, has now succumbed to the same profit-mongering abyss.  I think that we are/were all willing to contribute to the continued success of the game we love but not under the shroud of FOMO and bad taste that this Heirloom campaign has thrust upon us.  I'm not ready to give up hope for DE's salvation just yet, but I certainly will not give them my financial blessing by "Supporting" their bad business choices with the purchase of the Heirloom Pack.   Everyone is free to make their own personal choice to buy the Heirloom Pack or not, but it won't make DE change anything unless they can see the ramifications of their deed through a reduction in sales data.   So technically anyone who buys the Heirloom Pack is giving them Carte Blanche to do it again and again.  There is no neutral ground, period full stop! You think it's fine and you show your support and buy into the money making machine or you don't, and take a stand to show them this is not an acceptable business practice.  Everyone has to live with their actions, including DE. 

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

P.S.
The Ten Year Accolade thingy is just wrong on so many levels and should be removed.  NO ONE should have to buy this ONE SPECIFIC package deal in order to prove that a player supports or has supported DE now or in the past.  It's just plain tacky and bad mojo for everyone that has shelled out WAY MORE than the purchase price of this one specific time-limited package deal. 

Edited by (XBOX)sinamanthediva
clarification and some grammar corrections
  • Like 10