Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

styanax

king--Arthur

Hello! I love playing the game, I just wanted to make a suggestion about the frame; instead of the frame launching its shields why not make them hover around the frame giving it shields or armor or some dmg reduction I think that's one of the things that could make this frame more playable; and for his 4th ability why not make it to where it's affected by the melee stats or give it some crits because when it comes to high-level enemies his 4th doesn't work too well. 1st and 3rd abilities are okay in my opinion. please and ty cheers!

If he isn't doing well, you are playing him wrong.

He is a caster frame who focuses on spamming his 4 with his 2nd acting as a primer for REALLY tough enemies.

He doesn't need survivability. He has intrepid stand for overguard, Infinite energy for Quick Thinking, and Augur/Breif Respite for Shield return on casts. If you need more than that, you can use aviator for DR in his 4th.

If they did any change to him it's should be to allow his passive to work for his 4th where %CC gained = % chance of Critting on 4th. Then give the 4th a base 1.5 CD. He can be a gunbased frame but there are way better options.

If you need a build, replace 1 with nourish, go + strength, - efficiency, +duration, and intrepid stand. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

He is a caster frame who focuses on spamming his 4 with his 2nd acting as a primer for REALLY tough enemies.

He doesn't need survivability. He has intrepid stand for overguard, Infinite energy for Quick Thinking, and Augur/Breif Respite for Shield return on casts. If you need more than that, you can use aviator for DR in his 4th.

If they did any change to him it's should be to allow his passive to work for his 4th where %CC gained = % chance of Critting on 4th. Then give the 4th a base 1.5 CD. He can be a gunbased frame but there are way better options.

If you need a build, replace 1 with nourish, go + strength, - efficiency, +duration, and intrepid stand. 

You should probably mention base survivability before rambling into augments and helminth

Such as Styanax's 3 when active will give shields to players or allies that kill enemies, Aswell as his 2 that can give Styanax health per hit enemy

2 hours ago, king--Arthur said:

Hello! I love playing the game, I just wanted to make a suggestion about the frame; instead of the frame launching its shields why not make them hover around the frame giving it shields or armor or some dmg reduction I think that's one of the things that could make this frame more playable; and for his 4th ability why not make it to where it's affected by the melee stats or give it some crits because when it comes to high-level enemies his 4th doesn't work too well. 1st and 3rd abilities are okay in my opinion. please and ty cheers!

Better yet this does make sense given the spartan point of Styanax

Its just whether it could be integrated or whether DE just doesn't or makes it an augment

Edited by (XBOX)Mastermitchel89

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:
7 hours ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Expand  

You should probably mention base survivability before rambling into augments and helminth

Such as Styanax's 3 when active will give shields to players or allies that kill enemies, Aswell as his 2 that can give Styanax health per hit enemy

It gives shield and agro. So if you cannot kill you just get more damage.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Frames doesn't have and shouldn't have only 1 playstyles. Maybe OP is really doing something very wrong but we don't know at this point.

On 2023-09-02 at 8:38 PM, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

I beg to differ. Maybe for base Steel Path he does well, but not much more than that. I have 6 Forma and an Umbra Forma installed on Styanax, so trust me, I want him to be good. I currently have Nourish in place of his 1. I’ve tried Silence as well as a few other Helminth abilities. Nourish is just the best choice to pair Viral with the Slash damage/procs from his 4 and for the passive boost to energy gain. That being said, he still lacks survivability. Especially considering the fact that he literally has an ability that is a taunt (pulls aggro away from teammates). With that in mind, Styanax should be much tankier than he is.

The overguard from the Intrepid Stand augment gets melted in seconds, leaving you with a a glorified shield-gating Warframe. With the Decaying Dragon Key equipped, his base shields are 188. This makes it difficult to shield-gate reliably unless you use Brief Respite and 3 Augur mods. The problem with trying to shield gate on Styanax is that when you are casting his 4, you cannot use other abilities and therefore cannot shield gate. The Overguard gained from Intrepid Stand does not keep up with the incoming damage. This will inevitably cause you to get killed mid-cast in your 4.

What Styanax really needs is to gain stacks of a Mesmer Skin equivalent (shall I suggest ‘Spartan Skin’?) from Intrepid Stand, not Overguard. There could be a cap on the number of charges that would scale off of power strength. The charges should also grant I-frames on breaking, just like Mesmer Skin.

If they are going to stick to Overguard on Styanax, DE needs to increase the gain (not the cap) from the Intrepid Stand augment. They should also change Styanax’s passive (which is honestly useless right now) to a 90% damage reduction while casting his 4.

Lastly, DE should make Styanax’s Axios Javelein (what he throws in his 4, not his first ability) an exalted weapon that can be modded with melee mods. This would help with damage scaling on his 4 at higher levels and would also help with his survivability; ie. enemies die quicker and don’t damage him as much.

Edited by (XBOX)ZiostShadow
Typo

It's really interesting to see these threads about a frame's ability (in this case Styanax' 4) not doing a lot when players are literally taking the frame to level cap with that ability.

Yes the Augment is strong and allows him to be functionally invincible, along with doing the same for his team (despite some people saying it 'gets melted in seconds', the fact that DE had to nerf it because players were getting infinite amounts is more telling), but... when players are killing level 9000 enemies with his 4 and are posting builds and full on strategy guides on how to achieve that, I have to wonder why players aren't considering those when they make statements to the opposite.

And when his Tharros Strike is considered to be one of the most usable, quick and convenient full-strip abilities in the game, able to remove both Armour and Shields permanently at 200% Strength... (Compared to other abilities that are, for example, radial and need less strength, but only affect Armour. Or abilities that are radial but need two casts or 400% Strength. Or abilities that can full-strip at only 125% strength, but only affect six enemies at a time.) Not only that, but it also has a self-heal...

I have to wonder where the idea to change what the ability does, entirely, comes from. I mean... It's so genuinely useful, and gets more so the higher you go in enemy levels... I can only imagine...

Where do some players look when they want to know what a frame can do, when really pushed?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

It's really interesting to see these threads about a frame's ability (in this case Styanax' 4) not doing a lot when players are literally taking the frame to level cap with that ability.

Yes the Augment is strong and allows him to be functionally invincible, along with doing the same for his team (despite some people saying it 'gets melted in seconds', the fact that DE had to nerf it because players were getting infinite amounts is more telling), but... when players are killing level 9000 enemies with his 4 and are posting builds and full on strategy guides on how to achieve that, I have to wonder why players aren't considering those when they make statements to the opposite.

And when his Tharros Strike is considered to be one of the most usable, quick and convenient full-strip abilities in the game, able to remove both Armour and Shields permanently at 200% Strength... (Compared to other abilities that are, for example, radial and need less strength, but only affect Armour. Or abilities that are radial but need two casts or 400% Strength. Or abilities that can full-strip at only 125% strength, but only affect six enemies at a time.) Not only that, but it also has a self-heal...

I have to wonder where the idea to change what the ability does, entirely, comes from. I mean... It's so genuinely useful, and gets more so the higher you go in enemy levels... I can only imagine...

Where do some players look when they want to know what a frame can do, when really pushed?

Fully agree he doesn't need a buff, I don't do level cap but level 300 is easy. 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)ZiostShadow said:

I beg to differ. Maybe for base Steel Path he does well, but not much more than that. I have 6 Forma and an Umbra Forma installed on Styanax, so trust me, I want him to be good. I currently have Nourish in place of his 1. I’ve tried Silence as well as a few other Helminth abilities. Nourish is just the best choice to pair Viral with the Slash damage/procs from his 4 and for the passive boost to energy gain. That being said, he still lacks survivability. Especially considering the fact that he literally has an ability that is a taunt (pulls aggro away from teammates). With that in mind, Styanax should be much tankier than he is.

The overguard from the Intrepid Stand augment gets melted in seconds, leaving you with a a glorified shield-gating Warframe. With the Decaying Dragon Key equipped, his base shields are 188. This makes it difficult to shield-gate reliably unless you use Brief Respite and 3 Augur mods. The problem with trying to shield gate on Styanax is that when you are casting his 4, you cannot use other abilities and therefore cannot shield gate. The Overguard gained from Intrepid Stand does not keep up with the incoming damage. This will inevitably cause you to get killed mid-cast in your 4.

What Styanax really needs is to gain stacks of a Mesmer Skin equivalent (shall I suggest ‘Spartan Skin’?) from Intrepid Stand, not Overguard. There could be a cap on the number of charges that would scale off of power strength. The charges should also grant I-frames on breaking, just like Mesmer Skin.

If they are going to stick to Overguard on Styanax, DE needs to increase the gain (not the cap) from the Intrepid Stand augment. They should also change Styanax’s passive (which is honestly useless right now) to a 90% damage reduction while casting his 4.

Lastly, DE should make Styanax’s Axios Javelein (what he throws in his 4, not his first ability) an exalted weapon that can be modded with melee mods. This would help with damage scaling on his 4 at higher levels and would also help with his survivability; ie. enemies die quicker and don’t damage him as much.

You can tank in other ways than Mesmer skin putting it on any other frame makes Revenant irrelevant. 

Seriously try the mods I suggested in the former post. They have to get through Overguard(has gating), to touch your shield(has gating), to touch your health(has semi gating with Quick Thinking).

Breif Respite and his abilities regain shield and I use Molt Reconstruct to gain health and heal allies in AOE. I used Molt Reconstruct before Intrepid was added, for extra survivability and to be a heal and energy support.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Taking Styanax to level cap proves nothing about whether or not he is a good Frame. People take Inaros to level cap. The only video on YouTube I see of someone taking Styanax to level cap, the person is spamming Operator arcanes for I-frames and CC.

The Intrepid Stand augment does not make Styanax “functionally invincible.” Not even close. If you think the Overguard doesn’t get melted in literal seconds, then go right now to Steel Path Mot Survival solo. No matter what combination of mods and Arcanes you go with, you will not be able to gain Overguard faster than it breaks. You will have to focus all of your efforts on shield gating at that point. As I stated in my previous response, you cannot reliably shield gate when you are locked in the ability animation of your 4. Ie. you will die.

Also, I didn’t say anything about his abilities not being good. They are all excellent abilities and have a very good synergy. He has potential to be among the best Warframes in the game. The problem lies in his survivability. If you think his Overguard is good or makes him “invincible,” you are clearly playing star chart or base Steel Path.

55 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

You can tank in other ways than Mesmer skin putting it on any other frame makes Revenant irrelevant. 

Seriously try the mods I suggested in the former post. They have to get through Overguard(has gating), to touch your shield(has gating), to touch your health(has semi gating with Quick Thinking).

Breif Respite and his abilities regain shield and I use Molt Reconstruct to gain health and heal allies in AOE. I used Molt Reconstruct before Intrepid was added, for extra survivability and to be a heal and energy support.

It does not make Revenant irrelevant.  There are many Warframes with functionally identical abilities that have just a different look or animation. Also, I gave a suggestion for keeping the Overguard mechanic on Styanax.

Considering that I mentioned having 6 Forma and an Umbra Forma on Styanax, I can assure you that I have tried all of the mods you mentioned. Aviator is negligible damage reduction. I’ve also used it in conjunction with the Aerodynamic Aura mod. 64% damage reduction still does not keep Overguard up while using his 4 with Intrepid Stand. Quick Thinking is useless in Steel Path and is a wasted mod slot. Molt Reconstruct makes no sense to put on a Warframe that is not made for health tanking. If you are taking damage to your health, that literally proves my point that Overguard and shield gating on Styanax are not reliable. Also, if you take damage to your health at higher levels, then you are dead.

Yes, Overguard has a gate (minimal). Yes, shields have a gate. It still does not prevent you from dying while casting your 4. Either you have not played to a high enough level to experience this or you are being carried by a team, drawing aggro away from you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, (XBOX)ZiostShadow said:

Taking Styanax to level cap proves nothing about whether or not he is a good Frame.

No. This statement is true. It does not, however, reply to my point:

People killing level 9000 enemies with Styanax' 4 shows that the statement 'when it comes to high-level enemies his 4th doesn't work too well' is not exactly accurate, from the OP.

The Intrepid Stand augment does not make Styanax “functionally invincible.” Not even close. If you think the Overguard doesn’t get melted in literal seconds, then go right now to Steel Path Mot Survival solo.

I have, and several others have actually recorded themselves doing so, and posted that online for you to peruse. That's how we got the nerf to his Overguard cap in the first place.

Also, I didn’t say anything about his abilities not being good

And I didn't accuse you of that. I barely even referred to you at all, apart from my side-comment about the Overguard.

I'm replying to OP's post, in which they say the abilities aren't so good.

Please don't get defensive with somebody who's not actually talking to, or really even about, you.

7 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

People killing level 9000 enemies with Styanax' 4 shows that the statement 'when it comes to high-level enemies his 4th doesn't work too well' is not exactly accurate, from the OP.

Well I agree with you on that point. His 4 is not not an issue. Really none of his abilities are an issue. The issue is with his survivability.

7 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

have, and several others have actually recorded themselves doing so, and posted that online for you to peruse. That's how we got the nerf to his Overguard cap in the first place.

Maybe you have or others could have before he was nerfed. I’m not talking about what Styanax used to be able to do. I’m talking about now. I can tell you for certain that you cannot take him to Mot SP Survival and maintain his Overguard in the current state. Maybe in a team setting with heavy CC and less aggro. Maybe. I would venture to say that you are being dishonest if you are saying that you can maintain Styanax’s Overguard in the current state in higher level SP. If you can, then post a video to prove it. These “several others” you refer to are seeming to elude my YouTube search results. I can’t find a single video that has been posted recently (less than 1 month) showing Styanax performing well in a solo Steel Path survival. 

8 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I'm replying to OP's post, in which they say the abilities aren't so good.

Please don't get defensive with somebody who's not actually talking to, or really even about, you.

You submitted a reply following my reply, but did not quote the OP to direct your response. It seemed to me that you were simply questioning the general idea that Styanax needs some adjustments to his kit/abilities. I think he does. Hence why I defended my position.

Also, the OP never said that Styanax’s abilities are not good. He just offered ideas on how he thought they could be improved.

My dude... A, you're being ridiculous. Calm down.

B,

8 hours ago, (XBOX)ZiostShadow said:

Also, the OP never said that Styanax’s abilities are not good.

Then what are these?

On 2023-09-03 at 1:14 AM, king--Arthur said:

because when it comes to high-level enemies his 4th doesn't work too well.

On 2023-09-03 at 1:14 AM, king--Arthur said:

instead of the frame launching its shields why not make them hover around the frame giving it shields or armor or some dmg reduction I think that's one of the things that could make this frame more playable

A direct 'it doesn't work too well' and a call to turn his 2 into a DR function sound very much like saying these abilities aren't good.

42 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

My dude... A, you're being ridiculous. Calm down.

B,

Then what are these?

A direct 'it doesn't work too well' and a call to turn his 2 into a DR function sound very much like saying these abilities aren't good.

I’m perfectly calm, “my dude.” You are the one resorting to patronizing remarks because someone has a different point of view than you. That shows your level of maturity (or lack thereof).

Saying that something doesn’t work too well at high levels does not mean that the OP is saying the ability is bad. Saryn’s Miasma is useless at high levels, that doesn’t mean it’s a bad ability. It’s actually a fantastic ability up to a certain point. Could it use some adjustments to make it scale better into higher level content? Absolutely. The same thing could be said for Mesa’s Regulators.. as well as many other abilities. The OP is just voicing a similar sentiment about Styanax’s 4.

The OP offered a suggestion on changing Styanax’s 2 to add more survivability, yes. However, he never explicitly said that the armor strip function should be removed from the ability. He just said something about it having a different animation and adding damage reduction. You should ask the OP for clarification before jumping to conclusions.

You are dealing in absolutes. Something can be good, but can still be better. Just because something can be better, doesn’t mean that it’s not good. Food for thought.

• Like 1

Le 03/09/2023 à 02:14, king--Arthur a dit :

Don't rly think he's in a bad spot right now.

If you're in the regular star chart, he'll make quick work of anything with a single attack.

If you're in base steel path missions, his kit is good enough where if you desperately need damage resistance, you can get it from just adaptation. His 4 will obliterate any unit, and his 2 makes sure no shields or armor get in your way.

If you're in endurance steel path, his kit is still relevant enough, and if you're there without helminth I question your tactics.

On 2023-09-03 at 10:43 AM, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

It acts like Rhino's iron skin, it increases your aggro, your threat level, for rhino, it is needed for his iron skin charge mechanics, but for sty, it is a benefit, and a curse too, as if you cant kill faster, and due to you drawing aggro away, it lowers your survivability as now your pet can't draw aggro away from you now even in solo.

1 hour ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

If you're in the regular star chart, he'll make quick work of anything with a single attack.

If you're in base steel path missions, his kit is good enough where if you desperately need damage resistance, you can get it from just adaptation. His 4 will obliterate any unit, and his 2 makes sure no shields or armor get in your way.

If you're in endurance steel path, his kit is still relevant enough, and if you're there without helminth I question your tactics.

Star chart is irrelevant in a conversation about how a Warframe performs. Any Warframe does well in star chart. Even base Steel Path is questionable when determining how a Warframe performs.

Adaptation, Aerodynamic, Aviator or any other damage reduction mod DOES NOT reduce damage to Overguard. When Styanax’s survivability revolves around using the Intrepid Stand augment, ie. Overguard,  these mods are a wasted slot.

Also, no one is taking Styanax to SP endurance since his nerf. Change my mind.

On 2023-09-08 at 5:24 AM, (XBOX)ZiostShadow said:

It does not make Revenant irrelevant.  There are many Warframes with functionally identical abilities that have just a different look or animation. Also, I gave a suggestion for keeping the Overguard mechanic on Styanax.

Considering that I mentioned having 6 Forma and an Umbra Forma on Styanax, I can assure you that I have tried all of the mods you mentioned. Aviator is negligible damage reduction. I’ve also used it in conjunction with the Aerodynamic Aura mod. 64% damage reduction still does not keep Overguard up while using his 4 with Intrepid Stand. Quick Thinking is useless in Steel Path and is a wasted mod slot. Molt Reconstruct makes no sense to put on a Warframe that is not made for health tanking. If you are taking damage to your health, that literally proves my point that Overguard and shield gating on Styanax are not reliable. Also, if you take damage to your health at higher levels, then you are dead.

Yes, Overguard has a gate (minimal). Yes, shields have a gate. It still does not prevent you from dying while casting your 4. Either you have not played to a high enough level to experience this or you are being carried by a team, drawing aggro away from you.

It is very close to doing so. Frames now being "haha funny overguard abuse and 0.5s gate kekw", revenant just feels...there. He only has that one exceptional ability and that is it.

I am just not going to sugarcoat it, revenant is massively overrated, he himself strictly need a top tier helminth subsume to perform just say so much about his base kit. One ability carry 90% of his viability.

With the game being more and more survivable, tanking in general just feel normal now, many frames being undead is like some common thing you stumble across everyday.

every frame just spam vaz rolling guard with cc is also undead till level cap kekw, we literally have so much way to survive now, tank in general just feel not so rare anymore, literally everyone can be partially rhino, which is a close 2nd to rev, if you just compare with ability, no stalling included.

And bro, overguard does not work with dmg reduction... what is this disaster I now witness??? With rolling guard, you can stall overguard so much better, frames can do that now, and their teammates can abuse this too, and this is literally the better version of mesmer shield due to frequency and the stall potential, and actually give more status immunity than a mesmer skin, like...for real DE?

that gate is a mesmer skin thing. Does this mean mesmer skin weak? NO. It is amazing. Now styanax gives everyone this privilege of undead, by casting his nuke ability, constantly.

Bro is literally modding so badly (64 dmg reduction? more like 49.6 kekw, imagine this in SP) and proceed to say "thus prove overguard and shield gating is not reliable on him"...

Edited by Amolistic.

On 2023-09-07 at 11:10 PM, (XBOX)ZiostShadow said:

WHAT. THE. BALLS....

With this change, do you know that revenant is going to get powercreep to nothing? Like what is the point of letting a frame get powercreep like this?

Because with this change of yours, styanax will just become the better revenant that gives huge energy economy to his teammates, can actually nuke through SP, teammates get overguard, which is also undead, and he actually draws aggro away too...and armor strip for his team if needed kekw

Everything revanant wishes to have, now you give what makes rev remain relevant to a frame which has far batter kit in general, support better, deal dmg better, and can even armor strip and use nourish for team wide cc pulse and viral dmg.

Wise choice, my friend,

Congrats, you just made a new god of omnipotence, alongside with rhino.

Edited by Amolistic.

il y a 55 minutes, (XBOX)ZiostShadow a dit :

Star chart is irrelevant in a conversation about how a Warframe performs. Any Warframe does well in star chart. Even base Steel Path is questionable when determining how a Warframe performs.

Yeah but I'm just answering to the guy who made the thread, and he didn't tell anything about what mission he was doing or w/e.

il y a 57 minutes, (XBOX)ZiostShadow a dit :

Adaptation, Aerodynamic, Aviator or any other damage reduction mod DOES NOT reduce damage to Overguard. When Styanax’s survivability revolves around using the Intrepid Stand augment, ie. Overguard,  these mods are a wasted slot.

My point was that Adaptation is good enough even for base steel path, if for whatever reason you chose not to include intrepid stand in your build. Don't matter what faction, if it's base steel path, styanax will not die unless you get hit by toxin and you have no overguard.

il y a une heure, (XBOX)ZiostShadow a dit :

Also, no one is taking Styanax to SP endurance since his nerf. Change my mind.

Ain't none of my business what's going on in your mind. If people take Inaros and Hydroid to steel path endurance, they take Styanax to steel path endurance. Simple as that. Nobody's really left out when you're going on for a challenge.

13 hours ago, Amolistic. said:

It is very close to doing so. Frames now being "haha funny overguard abuse and 0.5s gate kekw", revenant just feels...there. He only has that one exceptional ability and that is it.

I am just not going to sugarcoat it, revenant is massively overrated, he himself strictly need a top tier helminth subsume to perform just say so much about his base kit. One ability carry 90% of his viability.

Everything you are saying points to a Revenant problem. The thought that ‘Styanax having a similar survivability measure to Revenant will therefore make Revenant irrelevant’ is a Revenant problem, not a Styanax problem. Revenant needs some love, along with many other older Warframes. That doesn’t mean we can’t have a discussion about improving a newer Warframe for fear of jeopardizing the viability of an older Warframe. 

Also, using the ‘Overguard gate’ mechanic is not abuse. Just like shield-gating is not abuse. Calling something ‘abuse’ is implying that it is a mechanic or feature that was not intended to be used a certain way or to a certain degree; ie. bug abuse. Overguard-gating is not abuse. The .5sec I-frame on Overguard depletion was literally implemented into the game with the intention of there being a “gate” mechanic.

14 hours ago, Amolistic. said:

And bro, overguard does not work with dmg reduction... what is this disaster I now witness???

Huh? Are you asking because you don’t know or you think I am incorrect? I genuinely can’t decipher what you are asking. Damage reduction mods do not apply to Overguard. I’m not sure what the confusion is.

Bro is literally modding so badly (64 dmg reduction? more like 49.6 kekw, imagine this in SP) and proceed to say "thus prove overguard and shield gating is not reliable on him"...

What??? 24% DR while airborne from Aerodynamic and 40% DR while airborne from Aviator equals 64% DR; which, as I previously stated, does not benefit Overguard. I don’t have to imagine it in Steel Path because I have literally tested it in Steel Path.. Also, Overguard and shield-gating isn’t reliable with Styanax.. I have explained why multiple times. Go back and read my previous responses if you don’t understand.

WHAT. THE. BALLS....

With an introductory statement such as this, it is clear the level of maturity I am dealing with here..

Again, Revenant’s relevance should not be dependent on 1 ability. That’s a discussion for Revenant though. Giving Styanax a similar survivability measure to Revenant should not make Revenant irrelevant. If it does, that’s a Revenant problem and any grievances should reflect such.

Lastly, I literally offered an alternative suggestion to my ‘Spartan Skin’ idea in my original response, so take a breath.

15 hours ago, Amolistic. said:

And bro, overguard does not work with dmg reduction... what is this disaster I now witness???

To be fair to the overly-defensive one, they're actually right.

Overguard does not work with any form of damage reduction. It works with standard Invincibility functions, which are separate, like Rolling Guard. That's not damage reduction.

On the other hand, the prevention of Status does actually have a function of DR (by comparison) because it prevents DoT damage. That's about it, though.

That all said, 30k Overguard is a considerable amount to chew through, especially when you're playing not to get hit.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ZiostShadow said:

Everything you are saying points to a Revenant problem. The thought that ‘Styanax having a similar survivability measure to Revenant will therefore make Revenant irrelevant’ is a Revenant problem, not a Styanax problem. Revenant needs some love, along with many other older Warframes. That doesn’t mean we can’t have a discussion about improving a newer Warframe for fear of jeopardizing the viability of an older Warframe. 

Also, using the ‘Overguard gate’ mechanic is not abuse. Just like shield-gating is not abuse. Calling something ‘abuse’ is implying that it is a mechanic or feature that was not intended to be used a certain way or to a certain degree; ie. bug abuse. Overguard-gating is not abuse. The .5sec I-frame on Overguard depletion was literally implemented into the game with the intention of there being a “gate” mechanic.

Huh? Are you asking because you don’t know or you think I am incorrect? I genuinely can’t decipher what you are asking. Damage reduction mods do not apply to Overguard. I’m not sure what the confusion is.

What??? 24% DR while airborne from Aerodynamic and 40% DR while airborne from Aviator equals 64% DR; which, as I previously stated, does not benefit Overguard. I don’t have to imagine it in Steel Path because I have literally tested it in Steel Path.. Also, Overguard and shield-gating isn’t reliable with Styanax.. I have explained why multiple times. Go back and read my previous responses if you don’t understand.

With an introductory statement such as this, it is clear the level of maturity I am dealing with here..

Again, Revenant’s relevance should not be dependent on 1 ability. That’s a discussion for Revenant though. Giving Styanax a similar survivability measure to Revenant should not make Revenant irrelevant. If it does, that’s a Revenant problem and any grievances should reflect such.

Lastly, I literally offered an alternative suggestion to my ‘Spartan Skin’ idea in my original response, so take a breath.

...imagine...

1st paragraph: I am just responding to your points. You said "We should give styanax a revenant like thing", and me is like: "for real? Nah bro, no way." That is the vibe, I am very very surprised, the balls thing is just a reference to my emotion, nothing special. Proving me mature or not does nothing here.

2nd paragraph: This kind of tech is quite literally "utilizing that kind of mechanic massively", this is also a form of abuse, beautifully packaged.

3rd paragraph: TLDR: why even bother going dmg reduction when you just spam overguard??? Rolling guard can stall overguard for 3s and that is it.

4th paragraph: NO...DR isn't calculated like this...If it is addictive, then we should be getting 100% DR, right? Each instances of DR is multiplicative, thus 49.6 instead of 64...Plus, styanax spam 4 like no tomorrow, and he regens shield per kill, which is like 50 base, consider that you have like 200 str, its a 100 per kill, 2 kill is enough to shield gate, and 2 kill per 1.3 second is like a decent 93kpm, which any rifles with a punchthrough can manage, let alone his 4...

overguard gain is 60 base per hit, 120 if 200str, it is not like sty throw spear every 0.5s, which is plenty enough time for overguard regain, proc that 0.5s, and there is a thing called rolling guard too, imagine having issue surviving with sty currently, consider that you have endgame setups that should not pose any problem even in base SP...

5th paragraph: BRO...*sigh* Yes it is a revenant issue but at least give him a chance to live, imagine this, you have two choices, one is a revenant, one is a far superior revenant that does his thing, and does everything he cant along the way. Which one will you choose? I bet 99% of the player will just go with the latter choice.

You cant just "oh it is their issue, suck it up rev mains", it is not like you are a rhino or something, even if someone tank better than you, you still have a top meta subsume + turbo broken 3 and 4 to neutralize everything in your path, rev manage to be afloat because that is what makes him relevant, giving this to others who does more things than him is just asking him to be irrelevant, equivalent to sevagoth giving full effect gloom to everyone else....

6th paragraph: Ok, I will look into your alternative Spartan Skin suggestion.

Edited by Amolistic.

6 hours ago, Amolistic. said:

...imagine...

1st paragraph: I am just responding to your points. You said "We should give styanax a revenant like thing", and me is like: "for real? Nah bro, no way." That is the vibe, I am very very surprised, the balls thing is just a reference to my emotion, nothing special. Proving me mature or not does nothing here.

What? Your vocabulary and punctuation make it very difficult to make sense of the points you are trying to make.

2nd paragraph: This kind of tech is quite literally "utilizing that kind of mechanic massively", this is also a form of abuse, beautifully packaged.

Uhh no. Using a mechanic frequently is not abuse. Again, the Overguard gate was implemented with the intention of it being utilized. If you think Overguard-gating is abuse, then you must also think shield-gating is abuse. If that’s the case, I don’t know what to say. You’re just wrong.

3rd paragraph: TLDR: why even bother going dmg reduction when you just spam overguard??? Rolling guard can stall overguard for 3s and that is it.

I didn’t suggest using DR mods. I simply said that they do not function to negate damage to Overguard. Rolling Guard is only useful when your Overguard is depleted. Using it while Overguard is still active doesn’t really benefit you much. Stalling doesn’t really do anything for you. You’re still going to lose your Overguard faster than you can gain it back.

4th paragraph: NO...DR isn't calculated like this...If it is addictive, then we should be getting 100% DR, right? Each instances of DR is multiplicative, thus 49.6 instead of 64...

Yes, I’m aware of how actual DR is calculated. Paper DR is still 64% with Aviator and Aerodynamic. Also, the actual DR with these 2 mods is 54.4%, not 49.6%.

consider that you have endgame setups that should not pose any problem even in base SP...

Holy cow. You’re talking about base Steel Path. No wonder you think everything is fine. You do know that every single Warframe in the game can breeze through base Steel Path with decent gear, right?

Please take Styanax solo to Steel Path Mot Survival or Lua Conjunction Survival. Once you have done that, then we can have a conversation about how “invincible” Styanax is and how easy it is to keep his Overguard up.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

People really do overestimate overguard. It's nice but far from an ideal solution and gets destroyed even on base steel path. Coupled with Styanaxs extremely high base shields, which makes effectively shield gating a chore, this frame just isn't enjoyable to play imo. Great to see people get use out of him though.

Thank you! Finally someone who actually seems to have experienced the same issues that I have run into with Styanax. The people saying he is just fine are just playing star chart or watching outdated videos on how “immortal” Styanax is (was).

You’re definitely right about Overguard being overrated. People act like it’s God-mode or something.

The fact is that the Overguard gain from Intrepid Stand is abysmal at mid to high level Steel Path. To put it into perspective, Intrepid Stand grants 60 Overguard per Javelin thrown in Final Stand that damages an enemy. The number of javelins thrown scales off of duration. At 155% duration, there are 47 javelins thrown during Final Stand. In theory, if every single javelin hit an enemy (which is not likely going to be the case), you would only gain 2,820 Overguard per cast of Final Stand. That is literally nothing in Steel Path. Also, Final Stand is a channeled ability. The base duration of the ability is 2.5s. With the aforementioned 155% duration, Final Stand will be channeled for 3.9s. That is roughly 728 Overguard per second (assuming all 47 of your javelins damage an enemy). Enemies in Steel Path can easily hit considerably higher than 728 per shot. Try getting shot by multiple enemies while channeling Final Stand. Only then will you understand the struggle.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Amolistic. said:

Proving me mature or not does nothing here.

Just leave him be. This seems to be his go-to thing, trying to prove 'maturity' in responses.

If you stop interacting with him, he'll think he got the last word and go off to whatever little happy place he has. The same place where the only thing that matters is if you've gone to the specific content that he believes is viable for 'proving' his point, when it's literally the only place in the game that has the kind of damage that could validate his views, if you play badly.