Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Family of Weapons that Drop as Loot

VoidDevil341

I love how this game is loot focused. I would not mind taking it a little step forward and adding a family of weapons that you can only obtain as weapon drops from killing enemies or loot containers. We have Zaws and Kitguns that you can craft. Now we willl have a family of weapons that drops as loot. They are not a group of weapons they are more of a family. 

22 minutes ago, VoidD3vil said:

They are not a group of weapons they are more of a family. 

🤔

Anyway, good luck with this. The reason why we have to grind weapons part by part is money. I dont think the devs will want to make the grind easier by giving you an entire gun from an enemy.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

There are a few select weapons 

The Gorgon and the atrun   Boar if i remember right , 

There could be more but I forget.

Anyway , it's not a very big list , 

And the purpose is rather self evident , the devs want you to spend time grinding.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

They could have a family of weapons that work like RJ drops did during vanilla RJ i.e RNG equipment drops with RNG stats that you need to regrind until you get the perfect rolls. No valence fusion bullS#&$ and so on, just classic arpg/looter shooter RNG based drops. A few different primary classes, a few secondary and a few melee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The Gorgon and the atrun if i remember right , 

Boar* actually, it's blueprint can drop from Drekar Elite Lancers on Uranus. 

to OP, people still complain about the login weapons (which is also a family of weapons: Zenith, Azima, Zenistar), and even if they did drop guns, I doubt they'd have very good stats, since you cna't really give away powerful weapons that easily. 

the current system is fine, and even if the weapons don't drop directly, the resources that we get goes towards the construction of weapons instead. 

They could have a family of weapons that work like RJ drops did during vanilla RJ i.e RNG equipment drops with RNG stats that you need to regrind until you get the perfect rolls. No valence fusion bullS#&$ and so on, just classic arpg/looter shooter RNG based drops. A few different primary classes, a few secondary and a few melee.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The Gorgon and the atrun if i remember right , 

Boar* actually, it's blueprint can drop from Drekar Elite Lancers on Uranus. 

to OP, people still complain about the login weapons (which is also a family of weapons: Zenith, Azima, Zenistar), and even if they did drop guns, I doubt they'd have very good stats, since you cna't really give away powerful weapons that easily. 

the current system is fine, and even if the weapons don't drop directly, the resources that we get goes towards the construction of weapons instead. 

Okay Dominic Toretto! 

That being said, I do think its an interesting idea. I kind of miss weapon pick ups not being more of a thing in Warframe (as opposed to other games), just not sure Warframe is built to be that way. One one hand, weapons like Gorgon aren't that good, but also many dislike trying to farm Ambassador (also its kind of sadly underwhelming). 

33 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

can you not? RNG stats have NO place in warframe, Rivens are enough BS as it is. I don't want to have a gun that can barely scratch an enemy after grinding 10000 copies of it while little timmy gets the same gun that can oneshot lvl 9999 steel path enemies just cuz he got lucky GTFO with that

1 minute ago, EDM774 said:

can you not? RNG stats have NO place in warframe, Rivens are enough BS as it is. I don't want to have a gun that can barely scratch an enemy after grinding 10000 copies of it while little timmy gets the same gun that can oneshot lvl 9999 steel path enemies just cuz he got lucky GTFO with that

DE begs to differ though with Rivens, Liches, RJ and lastly shards. There is always a balance to be had aswell. Just because it would be RNG it doesnt mean it would be closer to rivens than say kuva/tenet/RJ items. Just like in other games, not every single stat tied to the items needs to be RNG either, it could be as simple as having RNG based I/P/S/E spread while the rest of the stats like crit, status, attack rate and so on are identical.

It could also be done in a fashion where the spread is simply RNG but the total damage is always max no matter the spread, including the rolls for crit and status. So people could chase the same weapon for different uses or to get the best for their specific playstyle. One might roll with 10/50/40 I/P/S, 12% crit and 28% status while the next rolls 33/33/34, 25% crit and 15% status.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

There are a few select weapons 

The Gorgon and the atrun   Boar if i remember right , 

There could be more but I forget.

Anyway , it's not a very big list , 

And the purpose is rather self evident , the devs want you to spend time grinding.

Gorgon (Heavy Gunner),

Boar (one of the Drekar Lancers I believe),

Brakk (Grustrag Three),

Detron (Zanuka Hunter),

Dread, Despair, Hate, War, Broken War (Stalker/Shadow Stalker),

Twin Kohmak (Kela De Thaym), 

Gorgon Wraith (Razorback Armada Alerts),

Stropha, Stahlta (Jackal, main bp only),

err did I miss any

9 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Broken War (Stalker/Shadow Stalker),

Broken war you get as a Quest reward. If you want an extra one to make War, you gotta farm Sentients. Back in my day you had to do Lua Surv to spawn 1 of those every 5 minutes and I did, just to have Jupiter update (Ropa spawns plenty).

You missed plenty: Twin Gremlins, Miter, Cronus, Seer, Pathocyst etc,

There are also weapons obtaiable as mission rewards.

Edited by Zakkhar

16 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Broken war you get as a Quest reward. If you want an extra one to make War, you gotta farm Sentients. Back in my day you had to do Lua Surv to spawn 1 of those every 5 minutes and I did, just to have Jupiter update (Ropa spawns plenty).

You missed plenty: Twin Gremlins, Miter, Cronus, Seer, Pathocyst etc,

There are also weapons obtaiable as mission rewards.

knew i was wrong about one 

ah how could i forget the mighty seer.

• Like 1

These weapons will be separate from the ones in the game already. They will be just focused on obtaining by loot drops. Kinda like how zaws are their own group of weapons and the kit-guns are. These would be just their own group of weapons that are more like a family of weapons. It will be a big family too. The only way you get them is by loot drops after you kill enemy or by a loot container. 

15 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Brakk (Grustrag Three),

Detron (Zanuka Hunter),

Dread, Despair, Hate, War, Broken War (Stalker/Shadow Stalker),

Twin Kohmak (Kela De Thaym), 

Gorgon Wraith (Razorback Armada Alerts),

Stropha, Stahlta (Jackal, main bp only),

err did I miss any

The Op did specifiy not needing parts , so of the list only the dread, despair and hate are valid in addition to the boar and gorgon i already mentioned.

• Like 1