Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

You can not cancel the mission vote with "Y" anymore

Degaz3000

Before Update 34, you could press the Y keyboard key during the loading timer of a mission to cancel it.

Doing so, you could've saved some time when you accidentally clicked on a wrong node or you were in a wrong matchmaking setting.

Is it possible for this UI behaviour to come back?

• Like 2

Prior to Abyss of Dagath, I was able to cancel mission selection or deny mission selection using the Y key.

As of Abyss of Dagath, this accessibility feature has been seemingly removed or broken.

It would be nice to see this feature return, since it is very useful on misclicks where you don't have enough time to cancel the public matchmaking throwing you into a session you did not want to be in.

+1

Either return Y hotkey to cancel, or refine the whole squad, vote, and countdown UI to make it bigger and easier to click each button.

There are cases when you need to cancel the mission quickly but miss the button in panic..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There was a pretty neat feature prior to Dagath where you can cancel or deny mission startups by hitting the Y key on MnK, but it's seemingly gone as of Dagath. Small change, but I found it useful and think it could be useful in general. The less we have to use our mouse in the UI, the better the accessibility is in general.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ObviousBoot1436 said:

There was a pretty neat feature prior to Dagath where you can cancel or deny mission startups by hitting the Y key on MnK, but it's seemingly gone as of Dagath. Small change, but I found it useful and think it could be useful in general. The less we have to use our mouse in the UI, the better the accessibility is in general.

Oh, it wasn't my fault (e.g. messing keybinds).

ps. I'm on PC - hapens as well.

I wonder if the same key works on Ciphers (canceling missiosn and using ciphers had same key -Y on pc, afair).

• 2 weeks later...

Pressing Y (y) used to cancel the mission voting, whether it's counting down or awaiting all parties to tick. Pressing Y no longer does that nor offer a mean to speedily cancel a mission vote that counts down from 10s, or as short as 5 seconds if team is set to private.

This function is useful as we need to check whether everyone has the right relic for a premeditated run by hovering our mouse over the players' names. Having a finger on Y-key alleviates the issue for players that aren't good at osu/aimlabs/Kovaak's to rush their cursor over to the little 'X' button to cancel vote should someone select the incorrect relic.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I used to be able to just press Y to cancel a mission timer if I didn't join a squad, 
and then just click the mission again to try again, 
took only a second to try and join another squad. 

But now I have to click on the X next to the timer to cancel the timer. 

This was one of the small reasons why I liked the game, 
and it was removed for no reason? 

There is still no button needing Y, 
so I see no reason for them to remove it. 

(I already tried the other buttons,)
(but non work)

• Like 2

Welcome to the real world Neo. Thats how weve had it on PC for ages, feel the pain :D

Now seriously, all platforms need a proper cancel key because before I can move my mouse to the X the mission has already started and then I have to load and abort, which is a pain for me as much as for everyone else in the team.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 2

What bothers me more is that if there's a mission in progress it teleports you instantly, no timer given. Can't count how many times i've accidentally clicked on the wrong mission and it teleported me instead of letting me cancel. Infuriating.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello, well basically the key shortcut to cancel a mission when you select a node, and queue, does not work, it has been like this for a while and it is a bit annoying because it was practical. Is it a decision on the part of development and it will not return or simply a bug? (sorry for my bad English)

image.png

• Like 2

After a bit of further testing (in Solo), if I use purely my controller, the Y cancel does seem to work reliably,
but if I click the mission with my mouse then I have to (not move the mouse at all and) repeatedly press Y to get the game to register it.

Alas, I play the game with a mouse + controller combo, so this is yet another instance
where the UI auto switch messes with stuff, at least it's not as literally gamebreaking as the UI lock up you can get.

X to pause the mission countdown (using an unpopulated node, in Public) doesn't seem to want to work at all tho.
Again only using a controller, spamming X eventually brings up the Loadout menu which I never had appear before,
and having any mouse movement during that spam makes exactly nothing happen.

• Like 1