Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone try out the new Archon Hunt?

Aruquae

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

I tested it out this morning. My Nataruk actually does damage to the Archon now, so very happy I won't have to bring an additional weapon I don't like using. 2 thumbs up!

FINALLY The original Archon Slayer, can actually be used to slay archons now 

Another reason to love the update 

• Like 9

Dusting off my Kuva Karak that I use in every other mission and will hopefully get a decent kill time out of my next hunt lol

Edit: finally got to try it, Chroma with a Karak does some pretty hefty damage to Archons now. I very much enjoy this change

Edited by TeaHands

I have, the bossing weapons still perform great and can still get a respectable time along with a respectable damage using the kuva hek rather than having the attenuation reduce it down to ticks like before but it also felt like I was hitting the damage cap with just one buff which could just be that it was the kuva hek. This is how it should be and I'm glad they didn't just kneejerk the kuva hek even more and instead respected its status as being an excellent boss killer weapon.

Glad to finally see if doing brewed builds can actually work and take it down effectively.

• Like 1

Tried it yesterday with my regular non-archon build, so just crit weapons on a high range, high strength Roar Lavos build with Avenger. Used the weapons I use for most things which is Torid and Dual Toxocyst right now. Both weapons aswell as my Contagion hammer did good damage to the archon and killed it in a reasonable time with no problems.

Was it non-crit Felarx+whisper speed? No. Was it slow? No.

This was also before testing the pets, so with my Panzer that brings little to the fight. So now after testing pets I'll likely bring either F3NR15 (my hound) or Helios since both can provide additional statuses for more gundition stacking. Will probably give up my loadout slot that is currently dedicated for archons, which is a win-win since another deserving frame might finaly get a loadout tailored for them. Which leaves only 1 "wasted" loadout slot for Profit-Taker.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, (XBOX)XYZ RUMBEL said:

I need 7 shots(formerly1) with Kuva Hek . And you all know its terrible alt fire loadind time. Now I'm running into its regeneration phases. 

So......i don't like that change.

Might I introduce you to Blood Forge with Garuda?
I used her with the Kuva Hek, worked wonders

21 hours ago, (XBOX)XYZ RUMBEL said:

I need 7 shots(formerly1) with Kuva Hek . And you all know its terrible alt fire loadind time. Now I'm running into its regeneration phases. 

So......i don't like that change.

Sounds like they achieved what they set out to do with the rework of damage attenuation. Remove the old 1HK options while giving all weapons a better experience overall in the fight. Which I personally prefer, since it was mindnumbingly boring to always have to use a specific gun since the others dealt no damage at all.

I'm fine with spending some seconds on the Archon and be able to pick practically any gun I actually like to kill it. Previously, if you didnt pick either of the 1HK options you would most often look at minutes spent on slowly pelting down the Archon.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

Yeah, Felarx with Xata's Whisper and Ivara no longer one shots, but Chroma with Knell and Scourge now shreds them faster and it takes less set up and isn't as boring.

So for peeps that were one shotting the boss, it's a shame but for others that were tired if just being able to use one weapon to kill them efficiently it's a win overall.

• Like 2

Didnt notice much difference on this week's Archon either. It feels better now since you actually get to experience some of their phases that were designed for a reason heh. They still go down fast.

First stage: Dakka in the face of the archon, he goes invulnerable and clones. Kill clones, more dakka in the face, archon jumps me and it's time to go beat up floaty priest dudes.

Second stage: Starts with more dakka in face, sentient adds spawn, sentient adds die, wee bit more dakka in face, another clone spawn, kill them, dakka in face, dead archon, grab shard and then skippy hop to the extraction while giggling like a school girl since you know you'll get a Tau today.

Weapon used today Incarnon Dual Toxocyst, plus I brought me trusted robo dog F3NR15 this time whom royaly screwed over all grineer adds in the boss areas and stacked some nice bonuses statuses on the Rhino gimp.